New job for MY

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/NewJobYates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
For those who just want to know the news without having to click the teaser link, the article is repeated below. All credit and copyright to John Palmer at the Gloucestershire Echo, and can be viewed at the link in the original post.

"Mark Yates has rejoined Kidderminster Harriers as coach of the National League North club’s newly formed Under-23 team.

The former Cheltenham Town boss was in charge of Harriers' first team from 2006 to 2010 before switching to Whaddon Road, where he had enjoyed a successful spell as a player.

The 47-year-old has managed more than 500 matches, going on to spend time in the dugout at Crawley Town after leaving Cheltenham in 2014.
Yates will work full-time with the Under-23s, who train daily while studying on the club’s higher education programme.

They will be playing regular friendly matches and it is hoped players will also be able to gain first-team experience with local non-league clubs in the area.

Yates was at Cheltenham's friendly against Evesham United on Monday night

His side will be represented by a handful of players at Tuesday’s Worcestershire Senior Cup match at Redditch United, while also being scheduled for upcoming matches at Worcester City and Pershore Town."
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:For those who just want to know the news without having to click the teaser link, the article is repeated below. All credit and copyright to John Palmer at the Gloucestershire Echo, and can be viewed at the link in the original post.

"Mark Yates has rejoined Kidderminster Harriers as coach of the National League North club’s newly formed Under-23 team.

The former Cheltenham Town boss was in charge of Harriers' first team from 2006 to 2010 before switching to Whaddon Road, where he had enjoyed a successful spell as a player.

The 47-year-old has managed more than 500 matches, going on to spend time in the dugout at Crawley Town after leaving Cheltenham in 2014.
Yates will work full-time with the Under-23s, who train daily while studying on the club’s higher education programme.

They will be playing regular friendly matches and it is hoped players will also be able to gain first-team experience with local non-league clubs in the area.

His side will be represented by a handful of players at Tuesday’s Worcestershire Senior Cup match at Redditch United, while also being scheduled for upcoming matches at Worcester City and Pershore Town."
Why bother? If you don't like it simply don't click the link...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kiaora84 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:For those who just want to know the news without having to click the teaser link, the article is repeated below. All credit and copyright to John Palmer at the Gloucestershire Echo, and can be viewed at the link in the original post.

Why bother? If you don't like it simply don't click the link...
I do like it and clicked the link to read it. I reproduced the informative article for those who, as you advise, don't want to click the link. Apologies for trying to help other posters.
paperboy
..Nothing to apologise for RCS.
Not really sure where the guy is coming from.
Artemis
Look, whilst no doubt it does help other readers, it is also likely to reduce the footfall to the Echo's website. The most likely consequence of this is not that the Echo will suddenly decide that RCS's "paywall" agenda is the better business model, but simply reduce the budget for JP to cover CTFC / local sport with. When that happens, let me be the first to say thanks a bunch for reducing the excellent coverage of our club provided by JP et al.

I note you don't verbatim copy news and stories from the CTFC.com site - you just post the link and a short summary. Copying an article in full, even with credit to the author and acknowledgment of copyright, usually attracts a syndication fee.

Just stop being a smart-arse.
Another_FoD_Robin
Maybe we should ask JP & any media outlets not to report on the club as that will satisfy a certain number of posters..... After all we don't want our profile raised.
asl
[Aside] Anyone know if Ben is being serious.....? [/aside]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:[Aside] Anyone know if Ben is being serious.....? [/aside]
That's the beauty of Ben and why his posts are the funniest on here. Who knows if he is serious. I personally treat everything he writes as satire and parody to mock the RNF posters and always have a good chuckle.
Shade
Two of a kind, you and Ben, RCS.

I'm still waiting for some original comedy in order to squeak a laugh out, though, as it's all pretty low-wit stuff.
Alf
Let's see if you have to eat your words at the end of this season?
Del Boy
I would happily have Yates back. Twice in the play-offs and then crucified for not getting us there for a third season. His team that got to the play-off final was possibly the best we've ever had.

An exceptional judge of a player. Made some superb signings both permanent and loan. I doubt any other manager has had so many players that went on to play at a higher level. Cue those that helped hound him out telling us about the failures . . .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Del Boy wrote:I would happily have Yates back. Twice in the play-offs and then crucified for not getting us there for a third season. His team that got to the play-off final was possibly the best we've ever had.

An exceptional judge of a player. Made some superb signings both permanent and loan. I doubt any other manager has had so many players that went on to play at a higher level. Cue those that helped hound him out telling us about the failures . . .
Agree. Yates' teams were a joy to watch.
joes dad
Alf wrote:Let's see if you have to eat your words at the end of this season?
After several seasons!!
Alf It will take more than this season to even match MY's Achievements.