Morecambe v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Live updates here throughout the afternoon: http://bit.ly/Morecambe1718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
last time we played at Morecambe we won 2-1 with goals from Waters and Pell.
Player1
Hi all!
Just signed up for the new season - hopefully we get off to a good start today though feeling a bit nervous about this season, at the moment. Hopefully the lads prove me wrong.

COYR
Player1
GOOOOOOOALLLLL!

0-1 Chelt (Eisa)

COYR!
Player2 Has Joined
Player1 wrote:Hi all!
Just signed up for the new season - hopefully we get off to a good start today though feeling a bit nervous about this season, at the moment. Hopefully the lads prove me wrong.

COYR
Well if Player1's in, I'm getting on the bandwagon...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Nesty
predators goal from Mo, well done to the lad, can clearly score at any level,, credit to GJ for unearthing this gem, Sellars having a good game also
Alf
I think we've looked half decent so far. Keeping the ball well and passing is good too. Let's hope for more of this second half. Would be a real confidence boost to win our first game of season.
Player1
Nesty wrote:predators goal from Mo, well done to the lad, can clearly score at any level,, credit to GJ for unearthing this gem, Sellars having a good game also
Would be great if GJ has found us a goalscorer so good to hear he is doing well - hopefully we can put the game to bed in the 2nd half. We sound like we are playing OK, at the moment...
Player2 Has Joined wrote:
Player1 wrote:Hi all!

COYR
Well if Player1's in, I'm getting on the bandwagon...

Love the name :D
pas
uh oh 1-1
Player1
2-1 Morecambe (Injury time goal)
Alf
Same old story. We create and miss a few decent chances then get hit on the break and punished! Our shots on goal have been woeful, have we no one who can strike a decent ball?
Last edited by Alf on 05 Aug 2017, 16:03, edited 2 times in total.
I-Love-CTFC
New season, same old story.
Rulistening
This is going to be a long season boys
Player1
2-1 FT

Wasn't at the game so can't comment directly but sounds like some of the same problems from last season reared their head. Gutted to lose on the first day of the season in the last minute, especially after going ahead. Eisa scored at least so that seems a positive. If Pell does go the money will need to be reinvested to add some more quality to the squad (I feel we could do with some even if we keep Pell). Deflating to lose on first day but we will go again.
Anyone who was at the game have any positives? Would be nice to hear some after seeing the score turn against in the last minute...

COYR!
Player2 Has Joined
Player1 wrote:2-1 Morecambe (Injury time goal)
Player 2 has left the game..

Alf
I actually thought that we were the better side but Morecambe made the most of what chances they made and we didn't.
Jerry St Clair
This season has relegation written all over it.

A shambles of a pre-season, one of our best players leaving on the opening day and no discernible improvement in the playing staff since last seasons abomination.
little mo
Alf wrote:I actually thought that we were the better side but Morecambe made the most of what chances they made and we didn't.
Alf i quite agree with you. We did not deserve to lose that, and they certainly did not deserve to win it. But, hey ho, thats football.
Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote:This season has relegation written all over it.

A shambles of a pre-season, one of our best players leaving on the opening day and no discernible improvement in the playing staff since last seasons abomination.
You were not at the game today then. I've now seen us three times and we do not look like a relegation side. Granted we are not going to get promotion but both ourselves and Morecambe look more than capable of beating the drop.

We actually played fairly well today, played some nice football but got undone by a good goal and a late goal which never really looked like coming.

In terms of positives Cranston who is much maligned played well, and apart from one moment of bad defending had a good game. Eisa scared their defence the entire time, Sellars looks raw but showed some really nice touches and I think could be a great player over time for us. Winchester was also very good and Stoz did well in fits and spurts.

Equally Flatt still gives cause for concern and I'd rather we use some of the Pell fee to buy Dillon Phillips now. At the other end Wright was full of hard work but still looks short on quality. Give us a decent striker and a decent keeper and we'd be on the verge of the play offs I'd suspect (assuming we stayed clear of injuries).
Benctfc
Robin wrote:
Jerry St Clair wrote:This season has relegation written all over it.

You were not at the game today then. I've now seen us three times and we do not look like a relegation side. Granted we are not going to get promotion but both ourselves and Morecambe look more than capable of beating the drop.

We actually played fairly well today, played some nice football but got undone by a good goal and a late goal which never really looked like coming.

In terms of positives Cranston who is much maligned played well, and apart from one moment of bad defending had a good game. Eisa scared their defence the entire time, Sellars looks raw but showed some really nice touches and I think could be a great player over time for us. Winchester was also very good and Stoz did well in fits and spurts.

Equally Flatt still gives cause for concern and I'd rather we use some of the Pell fee to buy Dillon Phillips now. At the other end Wright was full of hard work but still looks short on quality. Give us a decent striker and a decent keeper and we'd be on the verge of the play offs I'd suspect (assuming we stayed clear of injuries).
All of preseason you have talked about teams like Morecambe as being relegation favourites and teams we are good enough to beat yet when we lose to them you say we don't look like a relegation side. Im afraid we are more than a keeper and striker away from being a play off team we are probably 8 or 9 players away from being that.
confused.com
Little Mo, good to hear. Over in boracay it didn't make good reading