Video board

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
What is the consensus of opinion?
For me personally, it's early days and the club will improve things, but I was in the PRE and my sight is only mediocre,but the font size was too small to be legible at times.
Particularly when the Crawley team was shown. Oh and I'm sure Jim will learn to sync with the image being down when reading our team out. :-)
Shade
Can't see it from where I sit so can't comment too much on the text size but when they were playing the highlights over the tannoy before the game it gave me goosebumps. Especially "and now Dayton, it's a great chance! And it's in!!! It's another one for Wright! It's 2 in the space of a minute for Cheltenham Town! That is the character of potential Champions."
little mo
I was in the PRE and i thought it was fine, and i wear glasses.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was good I thought. From half way line in CF stand if I leaned and craned I could see it. I liked the cheeky Bence advertisement whenever there was a yellow card.
Shade
Just need to raise another £40k to get one in the opposite corner...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Just need to raise another £40k to get one in the opposite corner...
I do think that it is wrong the most expensive part of the ground has the worst view of the board.

On a tangent, I would make all parts of the ground the same price.
Si Robin
I had no real issues seeing it from Block 1 of the Colin Farmer. I came in whilst the video montage was ongoing - have to admit it did add something to the game today. That Dover commentary really does send shivers down the spine.
confused.com
Paperboy, said similar after a pre season. I am in 3 of CF and find the red flares too much and blank font is lost in it. They need to tone it down
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I had no real issues seeing it from Block 1 of the Colin Farmer. I came in whilst the video montage was ongoing - have to admit it did add something to the game today. That Dover commentary really does send shivers down the spine.
Yes I loved that montage.

Can't wait for the next montage under the lights vs West Ham with more home fans in to see it,
Malabus
We'll get the old scoreboard back to please the moaners.
sun1983
Fab addition to WR, I loved the video montages and highlights. One small criticism, sitting in the main stand the volume was unbelievably loud, have they upgraded the Tannoy too? My ears actual hurt, bought back memories of my clubbing days a long time ago.
theidlerich
In CF stand; so no clear view of the screen [especially when the 'crowd' lean forward to see play in that corner or an incident], can hear the noise though! Not the best position, but difficult to see where else to put it! Higher up would have been better? Disappointed actually; and must confess didn't contribute for reasons above.....
paperboy
Malabus wrote:We'll get the old scoreboard back to please the moaners.
Not sure people are moaning,just giving valid opinions and I'll repeat especially for you, is that the club will undoubtedly tweak and improve things as the season goes on based on feedback that they get.
confused.com
Lol you actually expect to have a reasoned debate and to have an opinion???
horlickfanclub
The Board is a good addition and the new surround to the old clock makes it much better defined. I would agree about volume. When our greatest highlights start the volume is far too loud in the Colin Farmer Stand . It drowns out any conversation with mates so down a few notches please.
Shade
I agree about the volume but only needs turning down a touch. It was way too quiet before.
paperboy
confused.com wrote:Lol you actually expect to have a reasoned debate and to have an opinion???
Fair point. Silly me.

It's a big step forward for the club and probably better than most for clubs of our size.
Looks as if Mansfield's second hand Wembley scoreboard is working to a degree now so maybe not too bad for their initial 25K outlay.
Lord Elpuz
Absolutely 100% appreciated the new video board, it is an excellent addition to the match day experience.

One especially loved it when the yellow card was given to Crawley for their aggressive squabbling, and quick as a flash, the video board displayed a raised referee's hand with a yellow card, accompanied with the wording "You silly boy, get down to Bence's if you are really serious about decking something. BENCE"

It was brilliant humour - well done CTFC and Bence's.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup loved that.
James Stone
Hi all,

Really appreciate all the feedback regarding the screen, spent a lot of pre-season working on the content. Hopefully some more to come as well!

I take on board the comments regarding the volume, we have to adjust the volume levels depending on the attendance so a lot of it is guess work but I'm sure we'll improve throughout the season.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email on James.Stone@ctfc.com.

Glad the entrance video seemed to go down well!

Thanks,
James
Fuller
Well all I could hear just before the teams came out was some inane drumming. Sounded like a bad Ginger Baker drum solo.
Couldn't see the screen when everyone was stood up before kick off. Sat in the the middle at the back of CF btw.
But a fantastic addition. Well done to all. Just need another one now opposite.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote:Well all I could hear just before the teams came out was some inane drumming. Sounded like a bad Ginger Baker drum solo.
Couldn't see the screen when everyone was stood up before kick off. Sat in the the middle at the back of CF btw.
But a fantastic addition. Well done to all. Just need another one now opposite.....
Which 'middle' do you mean? The TV gantry is at the back in the very middle, so if you are the wrong side of that then you'll have no chance of seeing the screen.
Book Keeper
Yep, I'm sat on the back row just the other side of the camera gantry, and my view of the screen is completely blocked by the cameramen and their coats draped across the railings......