Question for Paul Godfrey.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
Both teams wore black/dark blue socks yesterday is that allowed in E.F.L.?
PaulGodfrey
League rules require each team's colours to be 'clearly distinguishable' from each other and both clubs have to notify the match referee in advance of the game of their intended colours. The referee makes the ultimate decision and in my experience, some are a lot more fussy than others. The other factor yesterday was that the colour of Crawley's shorts and socks looked lighter in the EFL Handbook than it did in real life so if the referee had referred to that before the match, he probably would not have raised an issue.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe it's why the ref didn't spot half their fouls.
everyman
PaulGodfrey wrote:League rules require each team's colours to be 'clearly distinguishable' from each other and both clubs have to notify the match referee in advance of the game of their intended colours. The referee makes the ultimate decision and in my experience, some are a lot more fussy than others. The other factor yesterday was that the colour of Crawley's shorts and socks looked lighter in the EFL Handbook than it did in real life so if the referee had referred to that before the match, he probably would not have raised an issue.
Thank`s Paul.
theidlerich
Well the CF stand lino [yellow flag] certainly never looked up, or above knee height!!
Fuller
Well it certainly confused one of our players in the first half. He passed to one of the Crawley players and there was none of our players within 10 yards of him !

Ref was a typical Division 2 buffoon.
Shade
That was Sellars. It was a shame as we were in a great position.

Have to say, being colourblind when it comes to shades (nothing to do with my name on here...), I struggled sometimes yesterday to immediately distinguish one of theirs from one of ours. I'm not sure what it was but maybe it was the socks... BTW, I wish the FA would ban stripes v stripes on a white base, no matter the colour or thickness of the stripes...
asl
Long way to go to beat that pass to the linesman, last season. :lol: