Carlisle Rugby Club pre match

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CarlisleRugbyClub
Hello fans of Cheltenham Town

For anyone making the long trip up to Carlisle this weekend we would just like to get a message out there to let people know carlisle rugby club (located next door to the football ground ) are welcoming any away fans making the journey up north .

Bar Prices

John smiths / real ale - £2.60
Fosters - £2.80
Heineken / Strongbow / Guinness - £3.00

We will also be showing the Swansea v Man United game on the big screen

Enjoy your trip up to Carlisle would be good to see some of you here at the rugby club .

Cheers
Shade
Ahhh, northern club prices...

I remember going in Carlisle labour club (or something like that) when we'd go up to visit my nan, would have been '88-'90, I think. Could get two rounds of drinks for the price of a pint here now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Union or League? Obviously Newcastle and Tyne Valley is pure Union so hopefully that extends to Carlisle, rather than being polluted by Lancashire League like southern Cumbria is.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Union or League? Obviously Newcastle and Tyne Valley is pure Union so hopefully that extends to Carlisle, rather than being polluted by Lancashire League like southern Cumbria is.
They're a Union club, as far as I know.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Union or League? Obviously Newcastle and Tyne Valley is pure Union so hopefully that extends to Carlisle, rather than being polluted by Lancashire League like southern Cumbria is.
They're a Union club, as far as I know.
Worth paying a visit then.
Malabus
75p (500ml) of premier lager here in Bulgaria.
I don't think I will return to the UK.
Alf
True story. I was in a bar last week and there was a guy from one of the Eastern European countries telling everyone that in his village you can get fantastic beer for less than a pound. He later went on to state that his village also had the best looking women in the world. An old boy at the bar who had been listening to all this turned and said " well, with beer at that price they would be wouldn't they".
I'm sure the women in Carlisle are delightful and thank you for your kind invitation.
asl
Malabus wrote:I don't think I will return to the UK.
You tease, you...

In all seriousness, a mate of mine owns a couple of apartments on a complex in Bankso. He tells me Bulgaria really is an undiscovered country: the skiing is fabulous in winter with no crowds and brand new lifts and facilities while in the summer months, the same slopes can be used for walking and mountain biking. Food and drink is as cheap as you describe - reckons there's a big Greek influence and they know how to make proper kebabs. Apparently you can go for a walk through town and encounter every decade from the almost-derelict communist-era brutalism through to the pristine and modern. With return flights for under £50, I keep meaning to borrow one of his apartments, but I've not gotten around to it.
Malabus
Yes, Bankso and Borovets are the best for skiing. Very poor country many people suffer in poverty, but they make the best of things.