Prediction League CTFC vs Hammers Wed 23rd Aug Home

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
Prediction League CTFC vs Hammers Wed 23rd Aug Home

Well.........only five players managed to score [on the prediction L that is!]; the rest of us were still bathed in the warm glow of the win vs Crawley; rather too optimistic!
Scores to date are:
asl 10
Ben2 5
Blakey 9 10
Cliffy90 15
CS85 15
Daveangel 25
FOD-Wyman2010 20
GGTTH 5
Johnsons Red Army 15
Nesty 10
pas 10
Red Duke 15
RegencyCheltSpa 10
Rulistening 10
Shade 15
Theidlerich 20
TheOld Tom Cat 20
Triggo 15
Player1 10
SuperDaleWatkins 5

Mine for Wednesday vs West Ham [and to think I supported them all those years ago with Geoff H; Martin Peters [graceful player, so underrated], Bobby Moore and Birdie Byrne [vastly overrated!!] - CTFC 0 Hammers 4 no CTFC scorer.
Andy
CTFC 1 West Ham 4
Wright
Nesty
CTFC 0 West Ham 7
Red Duke
0-2
Lose
No Scorer
Rulistening
2-1 win

Eisa
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:Prediction League CTFC vs Hammers Wed 23rd Aug Home

Well.........only five players managed to score [on the prediction L that is!]; the rest of us were still bathed in the warm glow of the win vs Crawley; rather too optimistic!
Scores to date are:
asl 10
Ben2 5
Blakey 9 10
Cliffy90 15
CS85 15
Daveangel 25
FOD-Wyman2010 20
GGTTH 5
Johnsons Red Army 15
Nesty 10
pas 10
Red Duke 15
RegencyCheltSpa 10
Rulistening 10
Shade 15
Theidlerich 20
TheOld Tom Cat 20
Triggo 15
Player1 10
SuperDaleWatkins 5.
Sorry to question points scoring but after last match I had 20 pts and forecast a Carlisle 2-1 home win but my points remain static at 20!?
I've not looked up rules and am assuming that extra pts are given for perfect forecast and lesser points for a correct result.
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 20 Aug 2017, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Cheltenham 0-3 West Ham
Shade
4-1 West Ham
Eisa for us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC 2-4 WHU

Winiesta first goal. Eisa also on the scoresheet.
theidlerich
To Old Tom Cat - indeed you did - my error - must have been gnashing my teeth re FGR result! 5 added to your total which puts you top =.
triggo
Robins 1 WHU 3
Attanga
Player1
Cheltenham 0 - 2 West Ham

No Scorer

Hope I am wrong!!
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:To Old Tom Cat - indeed you did - my error - must have been gnashing my teeth re FGR result! 5 added to your total which puts you top =.
Understandable, very understandable :D
Top of table WOW

[BTW I run similar competition on the FGR website and use an excel chart to do the maths.
If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you the excel chart for perusal.
Scoring slightly different but that can be amended.]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
theidlerich wrote:To Old Tom Cat - indeed you did - my error - must have been gnashing my teeth re FGR result! 5 added to your total which puts you top =.
Top of table WOW

[BTW I run similar competition on the FGR website and use an excel chart to do the maths.
If you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you the excel chart for perusal.
Sorry to be a pedant, but the chart itself won't do the maths, it will just lookup from your data table where the cells within contain formula which do the maths.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Top of table WOW

Sorry to be a pedant, but the chart itself won't do the maths, it will just lookup from your data table where the cells within contain formula which do the maths.
Send me your email address to check out chart.
I got my computer literate mate in Oz to design it.
Obviously I have to input names and scores and chart does rest - points and a league table. [all I have to have to do is enter names once a season and match scores just the once]
Saves a lot of overall time and is always correct [it is the idiot inputting info who gets it wrong]
theidlerich
..................Saves a lot of overall time and is always correct [it is the idiot inputting info who gets it wrong]... all too true - too busy mowing the lawn and peering at my dahlias! see pm....Ta
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

Send me your email address to check out chart.
I got my computer literate mate in Oz to design it.
Obviously I have to input names and scores and chart does rest - points and a league table. [all I have to have to do is enter names once a season and match scores just the once]
Saves a lot of overall time and is always correct [it is the idiot inputting info who gets it wrong]
A league table by definition is a table and not a chart.
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:..................Saves a lot of overall time and is always correct [it is the idiot inputting info who gets it wrong]... all too true - too busy mowing the lawn and peering at my dahlias! see pm....Ta
The idiot was me. I entered an away win when it was a loss [wishful thinking obviously].

RCS is still wittering on.
Please tell him to PM me his email address and he can see for his own eyes what I'm on about.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
theidlerich wrote:..................Saves a lot of overall time and is always correct [it is the idiot inputting info who gets it wrong]... all too true - too busy mowing the lawn and peering at my dahlias! see pm....Ta
The idiot was me. I entered an away win when it was a loss [wishful thinking obviously].

RCS is still wittering on.
Please tell him to PM me his email address and he can see for his own eyes what I'm on about.
Sent - look forward to seeing your chart which presents the data and analysis calculations elsewhere in the spreadsheet.