Colin Farmer turnstiles

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Madness not to open gates 3 and 4 at WR end. Pathetic.
Robin
Very limited catering and space in the C&G too, could barely move. It seemed very badly disorganised when all the space was in the paddock tonight and C&G was over full.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Madness not to open gates 3 and 4 at WR end. Pathetic.
Why? I went through at about 7.20 and had to queue for about 45-60 seconds. Hardly a problem. The main queue seemed to be for people collecting tickets.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Madness not to open gates 3 and 4 at WR end. Pathetic.
Why? I went through at about 7.20 and had to queue for about 45-60 seconds. Hardly a problem. The main queue seemed to be for people collecting tickets.
Yup. I wrote that on the walk between WR and Parklands and only had to wait a couple of minutes myself (~1925). Just wanted to get the first moan in.
Jerry St Clair
Robin wrote:Very limited catering and space in the C&G too, could barely move. It seemed very badly disorganised when all the space was in the paddock tonight and C&G was over full.
Interesting. I thought it felt pretty roomy in the PRE and I was just level with the right edge of the penalty area. Nowhere near as packed as it felt for Everton.
Robin
People couldn't get in the entrance behind the goal before kick off or half time, perhaps people didn't move along enough?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:People couldn't get in the entrance behind the goal before kick off or half time, perhaps people didn't move along enough?
Is there no entrance from the rear concourse to the terrace at either end? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if everyone has to funnel in through one entrance in the middle.
Robin
The problem is most of the atmosphere comes in the centre so people gravitate towards that area and you get more over crowding. I must admit it was very uncomfortable in there last night.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:The problem is most of the atmosphere comes in the centre so people gravitate towards that area and you get more over crowding. I must admit it was very uncomfortable in there last night.
Always the option to move to where there is more space if it is too overcrowded and too uncomfortable, of course.
robinsrule
Loads of space down by me in the left corner of the PRE. Rubbish view of the goal though!