Watching in a hotel room

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Bottle of wine, snacks - and Sky Go on the iPad cos the bar here only has BY Sports.

Sixteen minutes in and I've already said "Well done, Cranston" *twice*.
asl
Good save from Flatt!
asl
Arse. Flatt should've done better - but Forster was about two yards behind the rest of the back line and was playing two hammers well on-side.
asl
And there's no doubt Flatt should've done better for the second, too.
Robin
As I said in the summer Flatt not good enough for the football league, we've made a mistake and GJ needs to be decisive now before the window closes. A decent keeper and we may have won tonight.
Oldun
Can't blame keeper for first goal. As said, Forster playing them onside. Second goal? Hopelessly exposed by lack of defender on left side in front of him Not sure what difference it would have made whatever he did. But it's giving the moaners a victim and gives Cranstone a break!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some unacceptable abuse from some in the Skip to Flatt by all accounts.
Robin
Sorry Old Un he showed again tonight he's simply not good enough. It's not about being a moaner he was getting absolutel pelters from the crowd tonight for simply not being good enough at fault for both goals.
Robin
Ironic cheers when he caught the ball, lots of shouts about being s#!t when both goals went in, not just a few individuals but a lot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:Robin (sorry I missed a message) - I didn't hear any of that. Where did this 'abuse' come from?
One of several sources: https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFC_Fans/st ... 5127000065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Robin wrote:A decent keeper and we may have won tonight.
What, on penalties following a 0-0? Cos we only made one actual chance to score (when Holman slid in a fraction too late to connect to Pell's square ball.)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
Robin wrote:A decent keeper and we may have won tonight.
What, on penalties following a 0-0? Cos we only made one actual chance to score (when Holman slid in a fraction too late to connect to Pell's square ball.)
Eisa's blocked shot too.
Shade
And the penalty that wasn't given. And the two players at the back stick getting in each others way. And Winchester's shot that he shoild have done better with in the first half. To name a few.
asl
Yea, Adrian was completely troubled all evening. :roll:
Shade
Uou said we only made one actual chance to score, but we made more than that - they just weren't converted. Making and finishing are two different things.
asl
We would have been apoplectic if a penalty shout like that had been given against us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Who were the Sky pundits by the way asl?

And what did Sky make of the 'penalty'?

And, what were there thoughts on CTFC and players more generally?
Oldun
Mo was pushed over. If that is not a penalty what is? As far as the moaners are concerned the keeper was let down by Forster playing WHU attacker onside for first and complete absence of defence for second. What is he supposed to do when exposed like that?
asl
General consensus was "seen 'em given." Didn't watch the post match interviews, I'm afraid. I recognised the pundit, but didn't catch his name.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oldun wrote:Mo was pushed over. If that is not a penalty what is? As far as the moaners are concerned the keeper was let down by Forster playing WHU attacker onside for first and complete absence of defence for second. What is he supposed to do when exposed like that?
Indeed. These are Premier League strikers. Give them time and space to roll a ball into the corner and it takes more than a chubby Conference winner like Phillips to save them. Was far to easy for them to find that time and space, poor defending all round.
vickeryc
Robin wrote:Ironic cheers when he caught the ball, lots of shouts about being s#!t when both goals went in, not just a few individuals but a lot.
Well, that's really gonna help the team's confidence innit. Aren't these morons supposed to be supporters of Cheltenham - or perhaps they're fans of the opposition (whoever we happen to be playing?!). Maybe these 'fans' are like some of the posters on here; only happy when they're having a go at our own players. Jeez...
Player1
vickeryc wrote:
Robin wrote:Ironic cheers when he caught the ball, lots of shouts about being s#!t when both goals went in, not just a few individuals but a lot.
Well, that's really gonna help the team's confidence innit. Aren't these morons supposed to be supporters of Cheltenham - or perhaps they're fans of the opposition (whoever we happen to be playing?!). Maybe these 'fans' are like some of the posters on here; only happy when they're having a go at our own players. Jeez...
I agree with a lot of this. The abuse that a certain section of our support dishes out to our own players (it happens every season to one or two they don't like) is embarrassing, completely counter productive and a stain on the club. I am sick and tired of the same idiots giving abuse during the game to players trying their best. You may think they are sh*t - hell, they may even be sh*t but they are our sh*t and we should be supporting them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:
Exactly. Makes me wonder what is the point in turning up to support the team if others on the home terrace are going to deliberately try and damage a player's confidence and team unity. I invite anyone who joined in with the abuse to post to say how and why they thought that would help the team in tonight's match or in Saturday's match.

Parasitic scum if you ask me and many supporters will be ashamed to share a terrace with them.
Rick
Oldun wrote:Can't blame keeper for first goal. As said, Forster playing them onside. Second goal? Hopelessly exposed by lack of defender on left side in front of him Not sure what difference it would have made whatever he did. But it's giving the moaners a victim and gives Cranstone a break!
I agree with you Oldun.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Guardian minute-by-minute report:

64 min: Replays suggest it should have been a Cheltenham penalty, assuming the offence took place inside the area. Masuaku clearly pushed Eisa after being beaten by the sprightly forward.
CTFCfan99
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Guardian minute-by-minute report:

64 min: Replays suggest it should have been a Cheltenham penalty, assuming the offence took place inside the area. Masuaku clearly pushed Eisa after being beaten by the sprightly forward.
Sky co-commentator (Don Goodman, I think) also agreed it should've been a penalty.
Jerry St Clair
I don't think it was a penalty, but it looked a clear obstruction and therefore an indirect free kick.
vickeryc
Although this ref was far from the worst we've had at WR, I felt many 50/50s went their way rather than ours. It was exactly the same when we played Everton a few seasons ago. Maybe we are less adept at deception (or perhaps a little more clumsy at times) in the lower leagues, but I sense that refs get duped very easily by Premiership players. I'll probably sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I sometimes wonder if there's an unwritten 'protectionist rule' amongst officials to protect football's pampered elite.
horlickfanclub
Oldun,Vickery,Regency,Player are spot on. It is not a night for scapegoats. Every player played as well as they are able and I was proud of the lots of them. I had us down for 1-6 and am happy to be proved wrongThere are some promising signs if we can keep that form up.
Well played the subs who fitted in well. Give it a rest for a night please the moaners . Barracking the team when playing a Premier team is disgraceful.