Fans and the atmosphere

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
Thought the West Ham fans were a decent bunch. None of the arrogance you get from some fans of big teams (hello Leeds). Some nice, self-deprecating chants ("We're supposed to be at home" and "How s#!t must you be, we're winning at home").

A bit disappointing that the lads in the PRE could only respond with a brainless "Who are ya?" but they redeemed themselves later with the clever "How s#!t must you be, it's only 1-0".

Overall, a very Cheltenham atmosphere. At moments really loud, at others church mouse quiet. Didn't seem to be all that many tourists around me either.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
PRE was much more audible from CF than usual. And even the CF was generating noise through shouts and applause at some points.

However, there was a spell where my mate pointed out that we had over 6,000 in the stadium and you could still hear the players shouting/talking to one another like a friendly game.

Disappointed with the Hammers to be honest. Quiet and only a few songs in unison, certainly less impressive and less spine-tingling than when 1,100 Gas are all singing as one, for example.
horlickfanclub
Credit Cheltenham players with a second half performance that silenced their crowd.
Robin
Have to agree West Ham were very quiet for most of it but did seem a good bunch. I thought we were loud at times but very quiet especially after the two goals.
robinsrule
It would have been rocking if we had scored.... especially if we had gone ahead. Otherwise it was a little subdued which is to be expected after we conceded two quick goals.
The Old TomCat
Jerry St Clair wrote:Thought the West Ham fans were a decent bunch. None of the arrogance you get from some fans of big teams (hello Leeds). Some nice, self-deprecating chants ("We're supposed to be at home" and "How s#!t must you be, we're winning at home").

A bit disappointing that the lads in the PRE could only respond with a brainless "Who are ya?" but they redeemed themselves later with the clever "How s#!t must you be, it's only 1-0".

Overall, a very Cheltenham atmosphere. At moments really loud, at others church mouse quiet. Didn't seem to be all that many tourists around me either.
I agree with above.
Had to laugh when Chelt fans chanted 'Who are yer?' and the Hammers immediately responded by singing their bubbles theme.
But was impressed with the Red Army, as usual they made plenty of noise at start of game.
Plenty of tourists at game: I was standing in middle of half a dozen FGR fans alongside a Liverpool supporter.