Groupon CTFC match offer.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Thanks to Paul Bevan on twitter.

https://www.groupon.co.uk/browse/swindo ... tball-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Three matches for £30 or you can choose one or two matches.
theidlerich
A couple of bad experiences with Groupon - wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge-pole. In Trip advisor terms - less than '*' and avoid!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I think CTFC should have offered a Exeter tickets for £10 for anyone buying a West Ham ticket in person. May have added a few hundred more to Saturday's gate.
DingDing
Agree with that idea, it's also a shame the club encouraged people to turn up with cash to pay for advanced tickets in order to to speed things up. There are about 2,000 people who will have attended the game and the club will have no idea who they are so can't market to them directly in future.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I think CTFC should have offered a Exeter tickets for £10 for anyone buying a West Ham ticket in person. May have added a few hundred more to Saturday's gate.
Really good thought RCS. Would have upset the ST holders though. :-)
theidlerich
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I think CTFC should have offered a Exeter tickets for £10 for anyone buying a West Ham ticket in person. May have added a few hundred more to Saturday's gate.

Give the St's free entry to one of the Mickey Mouse games, or free to the 1st round of the FA cup when we will be comprehensively thrashed by a conference side!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
For me personally, being guaranteed one of the best seats in the house for games like last night with no need to worry about queues or priority or stubs etc is one of the main value added advantages of an ST, so the odd discount for the odd game does not bother me at all.
DingDing
I agree - as a Season Ticket holder I don't care if they discount tickets once in a while to try and engage with more fans in the hope that they become regulars.

After all, the more fans that turn up long-term, the better playing budget / players we will be able to afford. And with that we would hopefully then reach a higher level in the football pyramid... We should all want that.
confused.com
Totally agree RCS, the positives far outweigh the negatives
Malabus
Never had problems with Groupon. Great deal for those without ST.
ctfc-fan
I would say though that Groupon will want half of that £10 minimum probably so would be less loss to offer this incentive direct to the fans.
asl
I must admit, I've yet to find a restaurant who won't honour a Groupon deal without involving that organisation. I get a good price, the restaurant gets my custom without having to pay an extortionate fee to Groupon - everyone's happy. Well...two out of three ain't bad - and I know which I'd rather missed out.
Shade
Something about groupon/coupons makes me want to start slinging exceptionally stereotypical slurs, mostly involving 1990s shell suits.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
paperboy wrote:
For me personally, being guaranteed one of the best seats in the house for games like last night with no need to worry about queues or priority or stubs etc is one of the main value added advantages of an ST, so the odd discount for the odd game does not bother me at all.
Completely agree. Any initiative that brings in a few more fans at future games gets my vote. No reason for ST holders like me to be upset if the club benefits in the long run.
robinsrule
In my experience only struggling businesses use Groupon. In our case, I also agree that any initiative to get people through the door is a good idea, but in general I would be wary of using Groupon.