KMB

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Looks as if Keanue Marsh Brown could be on his way out at FGR training with the youth team apparently. Player I've always liked
Robin
Do you think they'd sell to us though, they seem to believe we are their rivals now at least at boardoom level.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We need width and pace.

Sellars, KMB, Eisa: most L2 defences will be made mugs of and Wright/Holman/Graham will feast on the spoils.
shevates
One other player I've discovered with out a club and although now 35, who could do a seasons job for us is Rickie Lambert. They would be good signings but I would if thought wages would be a problem
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:One other player I've discovered with out a club and although now 35, who could do a seasons job for us is Rickie Lambert. They would be good signings but I would if thought wages would be a problem
Four strikers already. We need to fill urgent gaps at RB and Wing before upgrading parts of the squad which are complete.
The Old TomCat
Keanu deeply divides opinion at TNL.
He is accused of being lazy although I don't agree to that point of view. And he ended up last season as 2nd top scorer.
Keanu's name is regularly sang out at home games even when he is on the bench.
I love him to bits because he scores spectacular goals at crucial times.

The author of report is former resident FGR reporter who moved on to reporting Gloucester Rugby. FGR are refusing to comment on article which makes whole issue a little baffling.

Shrewsbury were after him less than a year ago and were prepared to pay good money for his signature.
I wonder if they might come back.
shevates
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
shevates wrote:One other player I've discovered with out a club and although now 35, who could do a seasons job for us is Rickie Lambert. They would be good signings but I would if thought wages would be a problem
Four strikers already. We need to fill urgent gaps at RB and Wing before upgrading parts of the squad which are complete.
Four strikers if that's what you wish to call them simply will not score the goals required as I see it
Eisa is raw but with great potential
Wright will give his all but score a lot unlikely
Holman should be out on loan disappointing
Graham can't say much needs to prove himself

I agree there are more places that need filling a right back and centre back for sure and a keeper and O for an out and out wide man Havnt had anyone decent since J J Melligan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We have four centre backs, no more needed.

Eisa will score the goals to take us up.
shevates
I prefer quality so far I Havnt seen much especially on the road with our centre backs
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:I prefer quality so far I Havnt seen much especially on the road with our centre backs
Forster is one of the best in L2.
CTFCfan99
Forster, Grimes, Boyle, O'Shaughnessy, Bower, Downes... don't think we need any more CBs. Priority has to be RB and wide players. We need width!
shevates
We've needed width for around 12 seasons
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:We've needed width for around 12 seasons
So let's prioritise that rather than bloating the squad with yet more CBs and strikers.
horlickfanclub
Shevates is correct about centre backs and wide men. Grimes is keen but not up to league Two.Forster ,Boyle ,Downes and O'Shaughnessy are better players. Marsh-Brown,Mustoe and a right back would add to the squad. That is all we need for now.
Shade
shevates wrote:
I agree there are more places that need filling a right back and centre back for sure and a keeper and O for an out and out wide man Havnt had anyone decent since J J Melligan
I always thought Melligan was c!#p, personally. Just dusually did about 1 minutes decent work in a match that affected a game, or got a lucky bobbling shot that crept in, and people thought he was great.
I-Love-CTFC
shevates wrote:I prefer quality so far I Havnt seen much especially on the road with our centre backs
I'm yet to see evidence to suggest that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I-Love-CTFC wrote:
I'm yet to see evidence to suggest that.
Partly because he has been playing RB or in an odd back five with a square peg outside him.

Get him the centre of a proper settled back four and his class will show.