Three in on loan

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
My problem is that I may well have to buy another programme [only buy a programme on 1st game for recogntion then only if our position is the same or better after three or four games!!!] ; but only if CTFC management put in a flyer with photos so we can recognise our "newcomers". The team squad is becoming rather confusing...... might have to state double points for Saturday on the prediction league as we are "unsettled and hapless regarding players at the moment.
Rulistening
theidlerich wrote:My problem is that I may well have to buy another programme [only buy a programme on 1st game for recogntion then only if our position is the same or better after three or four games!!!] ; but only if CTFC management put in a flyer with photos so we can recognise our "newcomers". The team squad is becoming rather confusing...... might have to state double points for Saturday on the prediction league as we are "unsettled and hapless regarding players at the moment.
Are you upset we made new signings because you have to buy a match program to learn their face..? Is that a joke? I can't believe I actually just read that :lol:
vickeryc
Delighted with these signings, especially Freddie Hinds who is very highly rated.
Player1
confused.com wrote:Player1 more fodder for the morons in the speedy skip to vent their bile on? They have no idea how to support the selected players. Bit of a shame really
Agree it is a shame that some of our fans can be less than supportive. I will be there cheering on the team at the next game like always. Nice to hear that some on here are excited for the signings especially as they seem to know a bit more than me about them. I hope they are right as we do need to strengthen both the first team and the squad if we are to move forward.
paperboy

I'm expecting a couple more ins/outs in the next 15 hours.
Oldun
Agree. Think we still need an experienced centre back to replace Forster. Otherwise I feel we can "go with what we have"

Regarding who might go.........Can't see anyone apart from maybe a youngster or Dan H? Loan? Sale? Not sure at all as I am in the camp that feels he can still deliver as he was so good in Conference. Keep hoping!
Robin
Flinders has signed and I suspect Flatt, Thomas and Holman are those at risk of heading through the exit door/
pas
Will be sorry if Holman goes but it does seem extremely likely.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Holman should stay as he is unique in the squad in terms of game play style. If we have to lose a striker, then it should be Wright; a slower less fit version of Graham. Do we need both big men?

Storer surely will be gone? Fifth or sixth choice CM now and won't want to sit on the bench or in the stands as at his age he needs games.
horlickfanclub
We need two big men. I rate Holman but if I was him I would be looking to leave.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:We need two big men. I rate Holman but if I was him I would be looking to leave.
No more long ball.

The goal Holman made himself and scored through determination on Saturday could not have been created or scored by anyone else in the squad; we have to have options.

If lumping to Graham doesn't work, opting to lump to Wright instead is not a sensible solution.

Remember, Hinds has presence and power as well.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:We need two big men. I rate Holman but if I was him I would be looking to leave.
No more long ball.

The goal Holman made himself and scored through determination on Saturday could not have been created or scored by anyone else in the squad; we have to have options.

If lumping to Graham doesn't work, opting to lump to Wright instead is not a sensible solution.

Sticking up for Holman, who's barely scored and got very lucky with Troy Brown's clearance bouncing off of him for his one goal, but writing off Storer who's been integral...not sure if serious.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Storer not League standard.
Si Robin
I completely disagree.

It's telling that he played in the vast majority of our wins last season. He reminds me of Finners in that you don't realise exactly what it is he does until he's not there doing it. He's also a very good leader
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Last season in a team which nearly got relegated which played slow hoof ball and few options maybe.

Now we have Atangana, Morrell and Pell ahead of him in a team playing 4-4-2 and trying to run and pass at pace. If we get another winger in then Winchester will be above Stoz in the playing order and competing for one of two CM places.

If you are happy for another season of laboured football and Storer slowing in down and hoofing to Wright so be it. I personally want a midfield who can play with pace and quickly get the ball on the ground to strikers with fast incisive movement.
kora
What's happened to Mustoe, I'd definitely sign him unless there's a guarantee that Cranston can keep up his present form and not get injured or suspended. I'd also like another right sided/central defender as it'll be a long haul until we see Forster and who knows what injuries we'll pick up. To help pay for this Lovett, Bower, Thomas and Holman sent out on loan to develop as sitting in the stand will not help their progress.
Sprout Picker
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
No more long ball.

Sticking up for Holman, who's barely scored and got very lucky with Troy Brown's clearance bouncing off of him for his one goal, but writing off Storer who's been integral...not sure if serious.
Noticed Holman do that many times in the area, was talking about it with a friend the other evening. Do wonder if he does it on purpose or whether he's just very quick at reacting when a defender tries to tackle him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Holman is our first player to do it well since Grayson.
art vandalay
Reasonably encouraging signings I think. A right-back will give us more balance, Winchester can then play in midfield and Hinds gives us another option up front, which is useful given Eisa's inexperience and a lack of goals from the others. And you would expect Flinders to at least be a competent L2 keeper given the number of games he's played. I still have concerns about central defence, and it's quite clear that some puzzling recruitment has led to some positions looking noticeably weaker than others, but hopefully we now have enough quality and a better balance to at least pull clear of the relegation zone.
Oldun
And still the possibility of one or two "unattached" to come in to the squad