DONE DEAL - FLINDERS TO CHELTENHAM

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Say the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/40954578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"9:44
DONE DEAL - FLINDERS TO CHELTENHAM
Cheltenham have completed the signing of experienced goalkeeper Scott Flinders. The 31-year-old has been without a club since being released by Macclesfield at the end of last season."

Welcome to CTFC Scott, and a welcome acquisition. Few fans could argue against the view that a 30+ year old experienced keeper with hundreds of League games behind him is exactly what we need right now.
CS85
This is the signing to get our back line in order and to give confidence.
Flinders will collect anything near him with the full confidence of the defenders knowing He s coming for it.
horlickfanclub
Lets hope they don't retreat in to the box on him like they have been doing. He will need a loud voice. It may be an idea to change his name to Dillon to be accepted by some.
Round Robin
If this means the end for flatly , then I feel sorry for him . Ok he may not be as good as Dillon but give the boy a chance .

I get fed up with some in the speedy skips who think it's ok to abuse our players - some of whom are only on loan and doing us a favour . These abusers probably wouldn't know a good player if they saw one as most of them are about 12 years old .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Lets hope they don't retreat in to the box on him like they have been doing. He will need a loud voice. It may be an idea to change his name to Dillon to be accepted by some.
He will sort them out. Our young back line will be commanded by Flinders from behind who has more professional experience than our current fit defenders do combined. Secondary command by England (age-group) Captain Moore from right back. I expect Boyle to grow in stature and become our back line leader with Grimes and O'Shaughnessy developing under him. If Forster is back before the season ends then a bonus.

If we sign another right back, then Moore can move into the middle.
paperboy
Round Robin wrote:If this means the end for flatly , then I feel sorry for him . Ok he may not be as good as Dillon but give the boy a chance .

I get fed up with some in the speedy skips who think it's ok to abuse our players - some of whom are only on loan and doing us a favour . These abusers probably wouldn't know a good player if they saw one as most of them are about 12 years old .

....or some fifty years older who act like 12 year olds.
FOD_Wyman_2010
I hate being negative and hopefully this will be a good strong signing. That said, is anyone else concerned that he was released by an average National League side having been relegated out of the league with York? Did he then go on to get relegated out of the conference with them too? Not 100% sure of the latter but I wont lie - the recent stats nags at me.
CS85
The comments from macc and York fans are worrying.
However Wycombe fans have been slagging Scott Brown off this week but majority would have him back here.
Si Robin
His release from Macc I suspect was more down to finances there than anything else. He was rumoured to be on around £2k a week at York.

That being said, I am concerned by some of the comments made by a couple of York fans I know. I will though continue to judge him solely on what I see at Whaddon Road. We need him to be a success. You don't make 400 league appearances by being s#!t.
bigdavejambo
FOD_Wyman_2010 wrote:I hate being negative and hopefully this will be a good strong signing. That said, is anyone else concerned that he was released by an average National League side having been relegated out of the league with York? Did he then go on to get relegated out of the conference with them too? Not 100% sure of the latter but I wont lie - the recent stats nags at me.
he had left York by the time they got relegated from conference.