'Team Mates' - episode 1 with Harry Pell

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
New media manager means new media content...

From the official site, http://www.ctfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, where you can also view Harry Pell's interview:

"This season we will be bringing you a new series called 'Team Mates' when the players from Cheltenham Town discuss their colleagues - all in the name of fun - at the LCI Rail Stadium!"

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2017/septembe ... arry-pell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Was on the screen/scoreboard at half time on Saturday. Not the best place for it as couldn't hear what he was saying.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Was on the screen/scoreboard at half time on Saturday. Not the best place for it as couldn't hear what he was saying.
They really need to sort out the sound for the scoreboard in the Colin Farmer stand.
Shade
I think they should stick to playing music and having Jim speak at half time, with the scoreboard showing silent ads and highlights. It just felt strange having Pell on the scoreboard talking about his teammates at half time. Imagine if we'd had a stinking first half and then Pell's on the screen having a laugh and a joke...
longmover
I'd prefer it if they put the PR on hold and sorted out whats happening on the pitch.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:I'd prefer it if they put the PR on hold and sorted out whats happening on the pitch.
Exactly. What does the media and comms guy think he is doing insisting on producing media and comms. Disgrace.
theidlerich
From our position in the T&B or In2P stand [whatever it is now??] you can't see the screen or clearly hear any sound. However the clock at least stands out!
longmover
According to the website these interviews will be shown on the screen in WR and on Robins TV, the PR needs to be aimed at people who arent inside WR on a Saturday afternoon, the potential season ticket holders. Seems a bit pointless preaching to the converted.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:According to the website these interviews will be shown on the screen in WR and on Robins TV, the PR needs to be aimed at people who arent inside WR on a Saturday afternoon, the potential season ticket holders. Seems a bit pointless preaching to the converted.
That is true. Must remember of course that the main reason for the fancy screen is to make money from advertising. As more content is shown on the screen the club can claim to advertisers that more of 'the converted' are watching and for longer. Advertisers may pay more for screen time if they think 2,000 people are watching for 15 mins before kick off and 15 mins at half time, rather than staying in the bar until 2.55pm and going to the bar at HT.

The commercial purpose of the screen is emphasised by the fact the club are now advertising what is going to be shown on it.

Another reason why placing the screen where the biggest, highest paying and most diverse audience can't see it makes no sense.
Shade
They're trying to improve the "match day experience". If they get more people to advertise on the screen then I'm sure they'll put more adverts up.
paperboy
At the moment the crowd funding effort has been win-win for the club and for me it means that I can see a digital clock from the PRE- the most expensive clock in the league.

So now we have the best of both worlds -an iconic clock at one end and a state of the art one at the other.

Underwhelmed.
horlickfanclub
The clock revamp is good.Years overdue. If the interviews had full captions it might help. The volume is tolerable. Much better than the first few games when it was too loud for some. It needs to rely on visuals.
Shade
Subtitles is a good idea, leave it at that and play music/Jim Haggin's announcements over the tannoy.
Si Robin
I have to say, I do love the video before the start of every game - looking back on those memories is brilliant. I sit right at the other end of the Colin Farmer, so have to stand to see it, but for 10 mins before kick-off it really is what we've been crying out for before games.
Shade
Before the game is fine. I mean at half time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Why not put match stats and scores from other leagues in the board at HT?
Rulistening
I thought about the scores as well, Would be great for when they're being announced at half time to just list all other scores in the leagues.
James Stone
Hi all,

Appreciate all the feedback.

Just thought I'd jump on here and try to respond to as much as possible.

The 'Team Mates' feature that we're currently doing will be played in first instance on the screen and then will be put on Robins TV/ the website on the Monday after the game. The interview was played twice pre-match and then at half time, needless to say that if the result wasn't going our way then we wouldn't have played this on the screen.

You can see the screen from all areas all the ground, however I do appreciate that if other fans are stood up then this may obstruct the view. I'm also currently looking into the sound in the Colin Farmer Stand, hopefully this is something that we can improve over the course of the season! The sound is very clear from the Autovillage stand so I'm sure over time we'll improve this to other areas of the ground.

We have now sold sponsorship for the screen and in return we have given them advertising slots pre-match and at half time. Some companies have requested that video with sound be played on the screen, Jim still plays his music through the sound system but when the screen has content with sound this cuts out and replays once the screen content has finished. Subtitles is something that can be looked into if sound isn't the best for certain areas of the ground!

The screen timeline for half time is almost full for the rest of the season, a mixture of sponsorship and fan content but I'm sure next season this can be reviewed and scores can be put on the screen, Jim is still reading these out at half time. I have been putting match stats from our game on the screen at half time.

Thanks for the comments regarding the entrance video, believe it or not it took around 2 months to create!!

If anyone has any other feedback, please feel free to drop me an email on James.Stone@ctfc.com.

Thanks,
James
Shade
Thanks James. Please take it all as constructive criticism rather than criticism. Only personal views.

Unfortunately, due to the area where the match is recorded from, and the guys standing on it, the screen isn't really viewable by myself or anybody near it on the back couple of rows of the Colin Farmer stand. I'm not complaining - I knew I wouldn't be able to see when I paid my share toward it. Only mentioning it as I keep seeing people saying it's viewable from everywhere in the ground when it just isn't.
confused.com
Nice to see a response and for those that ramble on about people moaning, can see the points being made are taken on board in the manner they were meant.
Would say the view from CF from - would guess block 3 down, ids ok if nobody is standing, nobody is leaning forward (to see the screen) and if you are above average height. Like RCS says, a strange decision to make it harder for that section of support., to find it hard to see the screen. Cue the I can see it fine brigade