Forest Green fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Crikey they are a miserable bunch.

It took us a few years to get fed up with League football. That lot are moaning and dooming and glooming after half a dozen games.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
We could do playing FGR now.
Si Robin
They had less than 2,000 home fans yesterday, in only their 3rd home Football League game and against the team top of the league.

It's a sustainable football club though....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I wonder if Vince will turn off the money tap if they go straight back down.
Si Robin
Everything rests on his Eco-park plans. He gets it, they're safe, he doesn't, he moves on.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
1,000+ cars driving to matches there every week? Unless he funds a brand new light rail network linking to the ground then the planners must turn down the application.

Plus the process must be fully transparent and audited. We all know the penchant some planners have for brown envelopes and nice dinners, and I suspect Vince is already starting the schmoozing.
King giraffe iii
If your team was as uncompetitive as FGR currently are, you'd be fed up too. We're not just losing, we're getting smacked. Our three points against Yeovil came courtesy of their keeper. The one saving grace may be that Chesterfield seem equally poor and Port Vale are in complete disarray.

As for DV, you're misreading the situation. This isn't down to Eco Park becoming reality or not. It's about getting his name and businesses the media exposure he wants. His company isn't known in Stroud as Egotricity for nothing.
Ralph
Don't worry KG, you have "newforestfan" who wants to get to know you all lol
confused.com
TBF they seemed to be cursed fan wise with similar morons that inhabit parts of WR. Boo'ing players, slagging them off etc. Hopefully that gene pool will slowly but surely fade away
King giraffe iii
Ralph wrote:Don't worry KG, you have "newforestfan" who wants to get to know you all lol
Oh, please don't. That individual is the most happy-clappy, gut-churning, cup-overflowing flower I've ever had the misfortune to encounter on a football forum. Makes that Judas Old Turn Coat just about bearable.
confused.com
King giraffe iii wrote:
Ralph wrote:Don't worry KG, you have "newforestfan" who wants to get to know you all lol
Oh, please don't. That individual is the most happy-clappy, gut-churning, cup-overflowing flower I've ever had the misfortune to encounter on a football forum. Makes that Judas Old Turn Coat just about bearable.
LOL he should get on well with some on here :o
King giraffe iii
confused.com wrote:TBF they seemed to be cursed fan wise with similar morons that inhabit parts of WR. Boo'ing players, slagging them off etc. Hopefully that gene pool will slowly but surely fade away
Judging by what's been said by Liam Noble you would think everyone was hammering the side non-stop. It isn't the case. Beyond a couple who don't stop, much of what's shouted are individual bursts of frustration at players who aren't really up to it. It's Mark Cooper who needs to be on the receiving end though as his summer dealings were woeful. The squad quality level has declined.
ctfc-fan
King giraffe iii wrote:As for DV, you're misreading the situation. This isn't down to Eco Park becoming reality or not. It's about getting his name and businesses the media exposure he wants. His company isn't known in Stroud as Egotricity for nothing.
I see he's been trying to slip onto the board of another eco producer too without success....
King giraffe iii
ctfc-fan wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:As for DV, you're misreading the situation. This isn't down to Eco Park becoming reality or not. It's about getting his name and businesses the media exposure he wants. His company isn't known in Stroud as Egotricity for nothing.
I see he's been trying to slip onto the board of another eco producer too without success....
I missed that. Do tell!
ctfc-fan
King giraffe iii wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:
I missed that. Do tell!
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... nergy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King giraffe iii
Thanks for that - had no idea that had been rumbling on!
ctfc-fan
King giraffe iii wrote:Thanks for that - had no idea that had been rumbling on!
Think Stale Vince has been forced to back down now.
Circa 1887
Stale Mince defeated. With this done and dusted, perhaps he'll have time for a haircut and a bloody good wash.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... rival.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:They had less than 2,000 home fans yesterday, in only their 3rd home Football League game and against the team top of the league.

Average attendance for both Cheltenham & FGR is 2898, but that includes Cheltenham's sell out game v West Ham
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FGR's away attendance is 3,544 & Cheltenham is 2,893
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And that is on the back of a poor season and League-fatigue for us. For you it is first time in the League and sub-3,000 is poor. If you don't go down this season expect gates of sub-2,5000 next season.

How many millions is the club going to lose this season?
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
Si Robin wrote:They had less than 2,000 home fans yesterday, in only their 3rd home Football League game and against the team top of the league.

Average attendance for both Cheltenham & FGR is 2898, but that includes Cheltenham's sell out game v West Ham
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might want to dig out your abacus OTC, the average shown for CTFC in your link is for League matches only and therefore doesn't include the West Ham game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Our attendances are so poor. 19th in L2 is pitiful
The Old TomCat
Sprout Picker wrote: Might want to dig out your abacus OTC, the average shown for CTFC in your link is for League matches only and therefore doesn't include the West Ham game.
Still pathetic for both clubs, I think you'll agree.
King giraffe iii
Sprout Picker wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Might want to dig out your abacus OTC, the average shown for CTFC in your link is for League matches only and therefore doesn't include the West Ham game.
Poor Old Tom Cat gets it wrong again.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote: Might want to dig out your abacus OTC, the average shown for CTFC in your link is for League matches only and therefore doesn't include the West Ham game.
Still pathetic for both clubs, I think you'll agree.
And DV thinks the new fans are going to come flocking if they end up by the M5 at that new stadia that will probably never be built when he realises that it's going to be a quarter full each week
King giraffe iii
New ground, if it happens, will be no bigger than what we have. I don't think it will effect attendance figures either beyond the initial novelty visitors. It's on pitch success that brings people through the gate.
King giraffe iii
Circa 1887 wrote:Stale Mince defeated. With this done and dusted, perhaps he'll have time for a haircut and a bloody good wash.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... rival.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm reliably informed he smells good. Each to their own.
Ralph
King giraffe iii wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:Stale Mince defeated. With this done and dusted, perhaps he'll have time for a haircut and a bloody good wash.

I'm reliably informed he smells good. Each to their own.
OTC tell you that after he'd finished licking DV's boots and face?
everyman
King giraffe iii wrote:
Love your eloquent appraisal of " newforestfan " had you been drinking that excellent Budding ale to be so concise ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So was the Exeter game a sell-out as OTC said it looked like being?
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So was the Exeter game a sell-out as OTC said it looked like being?
Please supply link. I don't recall claiming such and certainly not on Robin's Nest.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:So was the Exeter game a sell-out as OTC said it looked like being?
Please supply link. I don't recall claiming such and certainly not on Robin's Nest.
Here is your statement quoted verbatim and requested link:

"Hope that you have pre-booked your ticket. The match looks to be a sell out."

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Here is your statement quoted verbatim and requested link:

"Hope that you have pre-booked your ticket. The match looks to be a sell out."

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Exactly right. It was a sell out. Exeter sold all their tickets.
No problem.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nice try.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Nice try.
Yes, actually you are correct. My apologies.
However the young person was travelling from London for game and I didn't want a wasted trip for her.
But with 2909 fans in TNL it was pretty full.
The away fans had sold all their allocated number of tickets. Poor so-and-so's got the result but were soaked watching game unfold.