Newport - ticket availability?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Leckyfan
The clubs' (CTFC and Newport) official websites do not say (at least, not anywhere I could easily find):

a. are tickets available for Cheltenham fans to buy at the gate?

b. if not, what is the last time they can be bought/collected from the CTFC ticket office?

It's regrettable that the club does not make it easy for 'impulsive' traveling fans, who may not know until the day of the match if they can attend or not.

I recall from last year's match at Rodney Parade that the number of seats allocated to Cheltenham fans was severely limited (wasn't there a problem getting in for some fans who came without a ticket?). Hence, my question a.

I also had issues getting my ticket for the Yeovil game. I tried to get my ticket from the Cheltenham ticket office at 2 pm on the Friday (once I knew I was definitely able to go), but they stopped selling tickets at 1 pm, due to 'reconciliation'. To be fair, this was announced in advance on the website, but I was still inconvenienced, and had to pay an extra £3 on the gate at Yeovil.

Final grumble (for now) - the CTFC ticket office is not open on Mondays, so I can't phone them up now to find out the answers, and am reduced to posting on an unofficial web forum!
Artemis
Why dont you just phone the club anyway. Someone will Im sure be able to help. Failing that, you could always call Rodney Parade......
Leckyfan
Good advice.

Once I eventually got through to someone at the club, a helpful gentleman assured me tickets would be available on the gate (purchase at the far corner of the ground, near where I entered last season). And available for advance purchase at CTFC ticket officer tomorrow (Tuesday), right up to closing time at 3 pm.

Hoping I can make it - just got to juggle my calendar now!
Artemis
Thanks for sharing the update, Leckyfan. Hope you can make the game! About time we got goals and a clean sheet in the same game....performance can wait though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Still makes no sense the ticket office opens only when people are at work.
Artemis
I'm sure they would happily take your money over the phone RCS. Have done for me in the past.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:I'm sure they would happily take your money over the phone RCS. Have done for me in the past.
Yes, I have paid on the phone before. For home games the hassle of collecting the ticket before kick-off is generally ok, though how would it work for away games if say I pay on the phone on a Monday for an away game on Tuesday; they can't post it out that quick?

And obviously phone ordering means no chance of me buying anything from club shop or picking up a Trust flyer etc.
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:For home games the hassle of collecting the ticket before kick-off is generally ok, though how would it work for away games if say I pay on the phone on a Monday for an away game on Tuesday; they can't post it out that quick?
For the Yeovil match, I paid for the tickets on the Friday over the phone, and then collected from Yeovil on match day.

Not sure if that option is available for all away games but it's not the first time I've done it, so I would imagine that this is the case.
Malabus
There is a little cabin where you purchase tickets near the away entrance.
Benctfc
I will be paying on the gate can't see many more than a couple of hundred going tbh given the poor start and it being an evening game. As for the club I emailed the club the same question as the opening poster last week and got no response after being told to email them. For a football league club in this day an age answering emails shouldn't be asking too much no wonder people don't bother attending. Newport were the opposite and replied straight away like any well run club should ....