Fine Lines

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Round Robin
Between success and failure . One more goal in each game and we have another 6 points and only lost once .!!!

We have suffered badly from injuries and poor refereeing I e Yeovil non sending off .

Scruffy goal against us last night .

Don't see any point changing the manager he seems as pi&&led off as the rest of us .

Keep the faith
vickeryc
Very true. Unfortunately, many football supporters don't see it that way and will invariably come up with the easy, knee-jerk, solution of citing the manager as the scape goat. Regardless.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That is sport.

If Wesolowski hadn't got crocked we may still be in L1, or if Goulding's shot against the bar had gone in we may have got promoted. If Booky hadn't fluked that penalty save we may never have got to L1. If the ref had blown 30 seconds earlier vs Yeovil we may never have got to the FL. We were a goal away from not getting back into the Conference.

It is how you react to and manage these moments which is important; and playing Pell up front is not an 'unlucky' 'fine line' - it is desperation.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: It is how you react to and manage these moments which is important; and playing Pell up front is not an 'unlucky' 'fine line' - it is desperation.
... or others may see it as a gamble that didn't come off. I don't see it as desperation; I see it as trying something different having exhausted other options. Had the gamble come off, it would've been seen as a master stroke - like many of hi substitutions were described during our championship year. Fine lines ...
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:That is sport.

If Wesolowski hadn't got crocked we may still be in L1, or if Goulding's shot against the bar had gone in we may have got promoted. If Booky hadn't fluked that penalty save we may never have got to L1. If the ref had blown 30 seconds earlier vs Yeovil we may never have got to the FL. We were a goal away from not getting back into the Conference.

It is how you react to and manage these moments which is important; and playing Pell up front is not an 'unlucky' 'fine line' - it is desperation.
wise words
I-Love-CTFC
Have you seen where Wesolowski is playing now? He wasn't the messiah. One player does not make a team.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Have you seen where Wesolowski is playing now? He wasn't the messiah. One player does not make a team.
Seven years later...after a near career ending injury.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: It is how you react to and manage these moments which is important; and playing Pell up front is not an 'unlucky' 'fine line' - it is desperation.
... or others may see it as a gamble that didn't come off. I don't see it as desperation; I see it as trying something different having exhausted other options. Had the gamble come off, it would've been seen as a master stroke - like many of hi substitutions were described during our championship year. Fine lines ...
Even had the gamble paid off it would still have been desperate. No other options other than Pell up front?