Port Vale and Chesterfield

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

bigdavejambo
both sack their managers
Robin
To be expected as neither will be happy in the lower regions of league two, Chesterfield have spent hugely as well.
darreno
I can't see either Vale or Chesterfield going down, though most neutrals would laugh if they did. Can't stand Vale, vile bunch of supporters.

So, the question is, who are the likely candidates for the drop?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR and Yeovil. They have. Both conceded 20 goals, which is more than any other team in the Football League.

Morecambe usually start over achieving and fade to a struggle. This year they have started poorly so when they fade it might finally be good riddance.

Looks like Stanley will be ok, which is a shame.
Robin
If Yeovil don't drop I'd be very surprised. I think Crawley the most other likely candidate. I don't think FGR will go down but I said over the summer their squad was weaker than ours and they'll finish bottom half. Barnet and Morecambe will always be linked given their gates but I feel both will survive.

I have a feeling if we keep everyone fit we could end top half this season too which although not a great season is a good enough improvement.,
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vale could be another Orient or Tranmere. Many fell for the idea that history and stadium provides immunity against relegation, until it was too late for those sides.
horlickfanclub
The new Manager surge that often happens might save them both.Those that get complacement and don't play with square pegs are in danger.
If we can continue with decent football we should be ok for survival up to midtable.
confused.com
horlickfanclub wrote:The new Manager surge that often happens might save them both.Those that get complacement and don't play with square pegs are in danger.
If we can continue with decent football we should be ok for survival up to midtable.
Do you not know that there are no good managers left out there ?????????
Nesty
it is frightening to see what has happened to Torquay