Flinders.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Alf
Early days yet but I think Flinders could be a major signing for us. Defence is looking more confident and organised and he looks extremely comfortable wth crosses. Hope it continues.
Robin
Agree, very noticeable having a solid keeper back there has done to us. Nothing against Flatty but he's just not ready for league two yet and it was unsettling the defence through pre-season and in the first few games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, shows what a difference a proven, mature and experienced League keeper can make. Shows that starting the season with a young inexperienced keeper untried at League level (whether Flatt or Phillips) is a mistake.
horlickfanclub
Yes,we should have signed a Flinders type in June.
Nesty
question. Are we now stuck with Flatt for the season? I hope he is cheap as I am sure Lovett would have been adequate cover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Yes,we should have signed a Flinders type in June.
I am sure Gary would admit that too. At least he recognised the error and fixed it asap. Many managers (eg Wenger) never admit error or rectify.
Sprout Picker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Yup, shows what a difference a proven, mature and experienced League keeper can make. Shows that starting the season with a young inexperienced keeper untried at League level (whether Flatt or Phillips) is a mistake.
Pretty sure we'd have been fine with Phillips.