FGR forum compared to North Korea dictatorship

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just seen on Twitter that CTFC die hard James Robinson has been told by Kim Jong Vince’s lot that he is not allowed to take the drum to the New Lawn as it would be an “inconvenience” to fellow Robins faithful.

God knows what further antics they are going to do to mess CTFC fans around between now and the match day.
confused.com
TBF we have also banned drums for this Saturday. However the circumstances may be different as we are aware that the section has sold out. Whereas the FGR seems like a pre-emptive strike
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:TBF we have also banned drums for this Saturday. However the circumstances may be different as we are aware that the section has sold out. Whereas the FGR seems like a pre-emptive strike
Yes I saw that in the link I posted to the official website http://www.ctfc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Your justification is spot on; we waited to see ticket sales and acted upon health and safety requirements. FGR seem to have done it without waiting to see what the situation was. I hope the CTFC drum finds its way into one of the empty home stands at TNL - plenty of room there!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks like we have around, if not more than, 5,000 today at WR.

FGR, in there first ever league meeting with Swindon only had ~3,300.

Should hopefully put an end to OTC spouting his nonsense about attendances.
drgm
Yes but FGR played in front of 13,200 Notts County fans today so that will put them ahead of us again.
Shade
5,050 they said on the radio after the game.
confused.com
yep thats what was put up on the TV
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Something to read on the way home. Comedy gold:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Surely just a matter of time now until they sack their manager. Unlike the fools that were calling for GJ's head early doors, in this instance it's probably the correct decision for FGR to make. Can't see him lasting much longer than another 1 or 2 defeats.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Surely just a matter of time now until they sack their manager. Unlike the fools that were calling for GJ's head early doors, in this instance it's probably the correct decision for FGR to make. Can't see him lasting much longer than another 1 or 2 defeats.
Another one or two games then.
Johnsons Red Army
More than likely, yes :lol: .
Ralph
He won't walk, he's got a 5 yr deal .. Major payoff. Damn i hope they go down :lol:
Johnsons Red Army
He may not walk, but he might be pushed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Even Old Tom Cat seems to have had enough of their forum judging by his post towards the end of this thread:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
And they locked the thread :lol: Laughable. Posts are removed and threads are locked or removed on a regular basis. I know, cos i look on there most days. Even Old TurnCoat said he got banned for 2 weeks :lol:
King giraffe iii
I loved how Lady Magpie called me an ahole, my comment quoting her got deleted and hers was allowed to stay. Then I was told to report her post by the mod who deleted mine.

It's a real joke at FGR at the moment. The whole club is totally out of its depth. c!#p on the pitch, an utter tosser of a manager who blames everyone but himself and a chairman who doesn't have anything to say on the matter. I don't blame the players for any of it. They just aren't good enough.

I'll be stunned if we stay up.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Even Old Tom Cat seems to have had enough of their forum judging by his post towards the end of this thread:

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think he was on the light ales.
Ralph
I think someone said it right on the FGR forum when they said DV has Ecotricity mgrs in the football club "managing" their advertising element aka FGR. There are no football people in there. The club has lost it's soul. It's dead as a proper football club
asl
What was that about the new stadium being canned?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:I think someone said it right on the FGR forum when they said DV has Ecotricity mgrs in the football club "managing" their advertising element aka FGR. There are no football people in there. The club has lost it's soul. It's dead as a proper football club
First comment on here along the same lines as what you just said, Ralph.

http://d3d4football.com/forest-green-ro ... on-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
asl wrote:What was that about the new stadium being canned?
no just the eco park but I can't see the stadium happening without it
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
Exactly.

Will be interesting to see what Vince does re: finances when back in the Conference next season. Whether he'll blow another two million plus to try and get back up, or tone down the spending to a more sustainable level.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Exactly.

Will be interesting to see what Vince does re: finances when back in the Conference next season. Whether he'll blow another two million plus to try and get back up, or tone down the spending to a more sustainable level.
or just leave them to die and invest in Slimbridge who play at the same level as Hereford now and are way closer to the M5 and are on their way up
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe they can be a moving franchise. Can play at a different Ecotricity motorway services each home game.

Can picture Vince now "playing at Woolley Edge next week will give us a fanbase catchment area of 1 million... promotion will be easy!"
Lord Elpuz
It’s interesting. DV talks about sustainability, but everyone knows FGR is not sustainable. The really sad thing is that the good and decent folk of Nailsworth and surrounding areas who have put love and devotion into building up that little club over many years, have now seen the result of the grotesquely bloated ‘investment’ that has been poured in by Ecotricity, and for what purpose? Most people believe it provided a ‘fairy tale’ piece of free publicity for the owner. The simple truth is that everything that costs money has a success ceiling and it is highly probable that FGR had already hit that ceiling some time ago. The myth of FGR sustainability has been exposed and the suspicion is that it is being run as a plaything mouthpiece for another business, by people who know nothing about football, and it is now imploding.
The warning signs are evident. The players are not up to it, the manager is unable to turn things around, the fans are turning on the manager, on the players and now on themselves. How long before the sugar daddy incurs the universal wrath? But will ‘biting the hand that feeds you’ result in catastrophic collapse? Any cohesion in the Club has been completely eroded and if the manager is sacked, it will take a madman to accept the vacant position. Football League 2 is a very unforgiving place for football amateurs and that is essentially how FGR is being run from top to bottom, with some insignificant and insufficient exceptions. One has to feel absolute sympathy for the original fans.
Ralph
Lord Elpuz wrote:It’s interesting. DV talks about sustainability, but everyone knows FGR is not sustainable. The really sad thing is that the good and decent folk of Nailsworth and surrounding areas who have put love and devotion into building up that little club over many years, have now seen the result of the grotesquely bloated ‘investment’ that has been poured in by Ecotricity, and for what purpose? Most people believe it provided a ‘fairy tale’ piece of free publicity for the owner. The simple truth is that everything that costs money has a success ceiling and it is highly probable that FGR had already hit that ceiling some time ago. The myth of FGR sustainability has been exposed and the suspicion is that it is being run as a plaything mouthpiece for another business, by people who know nothing about football, and it is now imploding.
The warning signs are evident. The players are not up to it, the manager is unable to turn things around, the fans are turning on the manager, on the players and now on themselves. How long before the sugar daddy incurs the universal wrath? But will ‘biting the hand that feeds you’ result in catastrophic collapse? Any cohesion in the Club has been completely eroded and if the manager is sacked, it will take a madman to accept the vacant position. Football League 2 is a very unforgiving place for football amateurs and that is essentially how FGR is being run from top to bottom, with some insignificant and insufficient exceptions. One has to feel absolute sympathy for the original fans.
Excellent post. Agree with it all. I feel sad for the real fans that were there when Frank and Jim were mgrs. They were everyones favourite second club then. It's changed. I hate them like i hated the Annies :lol: I hope they go the same way and they will as there will come a time when DV has had enough. Heading back to the Conference after proclaiming they were going to walk L2. They lose 2.5m quid a year. Ok, call it marketing :lol: That is all they are now, a marketing vehicle for Ecotricity. Just call them Ecotricity FC. That is what they are. They are on life support and when DV decides to put money into another marketing vehicle, he will pull the plug on FGR. I hope they come back in a different way like Hereford etc but when he pulls the plug and he will, FGR aka Ecotricity FC dies. Just the fact that the Eco park is not happening, is a major setback. No public transport to just that stadium. Cooper totally blowing it, players not wanting to be there like Noble. Small fan base, no more growth in Nailsworth.. tick tock tick tock

And another thing, when Jan comes round, you know that all the other L2 chairmen will be watching closely what FGR try and spend and i'm sure they will be keeping watch on the financial fair play side of it. DV made no friends when he came to the League.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Also come January, any Chairman who FGR approach to sign players from will add a zero to the asking price.

I hope clubs lay down the gauntlet to Vince in January. "You want to try and buy L2 survival? Sure, that £50k player you want... it's £500k now."