RCS Relegation Round-up

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Grimsby have got 5pts in the last 18 games apparently. Relegation form
And Scunny in playoffs in L1 just sacked their mgr. No wins in 8
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Chesterfield won 3-1. Grimsby edge nearer the drop. Damn why did FGR have to win against Mansfield
Still time. If Charlie Cooper plays in 5 or 6 more games there is every chance FGR will drop. But Cods look like the worst team assembled in L2 for some time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Saw this cracker on The Fishy.

“See my post about feeling sick.Chesterfields second was that horrific moment for me.now starting to feel depressed as I contemplate the fa trophy,a half empty b.p. away trips to god forsaken towns we've never heard of, getting dicked at home by a succession of part timers, live games on BT sports knowing full well that they're only showing it coz there's nothing else available, playing in front of crowds of 500, barrow away on inevitably the coldest, wettest night of the year. Watching another set of inept new signings who can barely control a ball, let alone pass it,reading about semi decent players who turn us down because its non league, the away followings that barely reach double figures, fa cup 4 the qualifying round, and there's probably more downers to add to that list.”
Rulistening
Really hope Grimsby go down! thought it was unrealistic earlier in the season but id love nothing more than to see them back in the conference, horrible fans.
Robin
Fully agree would love to see Grimsby go down, Chesterfield isn't too bad an away trip and much closer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wonder if Grimsby fans would welcome Danny Wright in the Conference next season.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Wonder if Grimsby fans would welcome Danny Wright in the Conference next season.
I reckon they would, proven goal scorer at that level
Johnsons Red Army
Football fans (and sports fan in general) are pretty fickle, so if he were to sign for them I'm sure he'd be welcomed.
asl
We've had enough heroes from the likes of Gloucester and Hereford over the years.
Shade
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Football fans (and sports fan in general) are pretty fickle, so if he were to sign for them I'm sure he'd be welcomed.
I wonder if McKeown would though :lol: He's still there.

Grimsby haven't won a League game since...wait for it...9th December against FGR. 18 games since. 5 draws, 13 defeats.

We're laughing at you, we're laughing at yooooou
The fans, Pell and Wrighty, we're laughing at you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lol McKeown. His dummy still missing in WR somewhere after Wrighty’s eager goal celebration!
Robin
McKeown is a decent player in fairness doubt he will stay with them if they go down.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:McKeown is a decent player in fairness doubt he will stay with them if they go down.
Non-league keeper. This is his first season in the League and it may be his last.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:McKeown is a decent player in fairness doubt he will stay with them if they go down.
Non-league keeper. This is his first season in the League and it may be his last.
Second season. They came up the same season as we did.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Second season. They came up the same season as we did.
Oh yes, thanks for the correction. We won it so easily I didn’t pay attention to the minor placings in the end.

Surely the last two seasons will be the only time both the two promotion slots are taken by a Lincolnshire and Gloucestershire side in consecutive seasons?

Only way it could be better is if Lincoln, Grimsby, FGR and CTFC make a clean sweep of L2 promotion next season!
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Surely the last two seasons will be the only time both the two promotion slots are taken by a Lincolnshire and Gloucestershire side in consecutive seasons?

Only way it could be better is if Lincoln, Grimsby, FGR and CTFC make a clean sweep of L2 promotion next season!
:P :) :D
Shade
If Lincoln, Grimsby, FGR and CTFC are all in L2 next season I'll eat my hat.

Which I will first have to buy, so I might have to go for a very, very small one. Made of cake.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It’s Akinde magic, magic! Two goals to give Barnet the win. FGR and Chesterfield have to visit the Hive. The Bees have to go to Grimsby and Morecambe. Two games against mid table beach dreamers Stevenage and Newport. Mad Dog is going to do it!