Exeter City - away

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jerry St Clair
The club are confidently predicting that tickets will be available on the turnstiles for CTFC fans despite a reduced allocation of 350 due to the building work St James's Park. Surely there's half a chance we'll get close to that number? Bank holiday, relatively close, in good form (at least away). No?
Shade
Think I heard Jim Haggin announce at the last game that there are no direct trains on the day. That coupled with Easter Monday traffic and I'd say about 300 maybe? It is a bit of a risk though, I'd have thought, not being all-ticket.
Jerry St Clair
Indeed. Just checked. The trains are an absolute horror show on Monday (two sets of replacement buses in Bristol and Taunton). That's me out then. Would have fancied it otherwise. In those circumstances 250-300 is probably about right.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be easier for me to fly down from Newcastle. But I am in Chelt on the weekend so ruled out.
kora
Club coaches are door to door, cheap and usually arrive one o'clockish. Also never cancelled to be replaced by a train service.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:Club coaches are door to door, cheap and usually arrive one o'clockish. Also never cancelled to be replaced by a train service.
Ok if you want to go door to door, but not for people who like to make a day of it. Exeter Cathedral and Quayside lovely for lunch and evening drinks for example.
kora
But could be handy for Monday when there are no trains, and you get a couple of hours before the game to do whatever takes your fancy.
HutchECFC
I wouldn’t worry about the lack of trains, lads. It’ll be called off. Especially with the forecast we’ve got over the next couple days.
Artemis
They have a bar in Exeter Cathedral, RCS?!?!
Malabus
I have a private helicopter and takes an hour....I shall wave to you peasants in the traffic jams.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:They have a bar in Exeter Cathedral, RCS?!?!
Several nice food and drink peveyors in Cathedral Square, one of the most pleasant stretches of road I have had the pleasure to spend time in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I have a private helicopter and takes an hour....I shall wave to you peasants in the traffic jams.

Remember to factor in the curvature of the earth.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:I have a private helicopter and takes an hour....I shall wave to you peasants in the traffic jams.

Remember to factor in the curvature of the earth.
Post of the year so-far.... :)
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:They have a bar in Exeter Cathedral, RCS?!?!
Several nice food and drink peveyors in Cathedral Square, one of the most pleasant stretches of road I have had the pleasure to spend time in.
Yup the precinct is beautiful, but still no bar in the Cathedral.
Now if there was, I expect attendances might be higher.
theidlerich
Malabus could even take in the seven Tors as a pleasant excursion on his way....

Surprised he hasn't offered anyone a lift! ;)
asl
Artemis wrote:Yup the precinct is beautiful, but still no bar in the Cathedral.
They've got a great big table in there...a little bit of imagination could easily turn that into a bar.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
Artemis wrote:Yup the precinct is beautiful, but still no bar in the Cathedral.
They've got a great big table in there...a little bit of imagination could easily turn that into a bar.
Decent wine. Could do with better snacks - those wafery bread things not very inspiring.
Malabus
I'm having doubts that this game will go ahead, poor very wet weather is expected.