Average gate up to 3,157

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hopefully we can keep it averaging at this level all season. Always good for the players and finances to have over 3,000 average. If we keep winning, and if the pitch stays acceptable, hopefully we can maintain it.
confused.com
still so far behind FGR LMFAO
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In all seriousness, I don't know what the Board budgeted for, but if come January we are exceeding the budget it could give Gary more funds if needed to kick on for promotion.
confused.com
at first glance< I can't see one player I would look to replace. Not even JC, who this year seems to be maintaining his early season form. And I am happy to admit, I thought he was dire from mid season last year. Winchester is good ar RB as he has the engine ro get forward as well, Grimes is improving, it is a sign of our progress that Boyle is on the bench. We are still tending to drop deep, hopefully that wont continue. Amazing how we seemd to have found our formation. 5 3 2 just didnt suit us. Was thinking the same when watching NI v Germany on Wednesday, first half they were 5 3 2 , second half (like us) 4 3 3. putting pressure on a team and playing further up the pitch. That is what we are good at, so stick with it. Its a young team who have the legs to run all afternoon
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not about replacing players per se. Squad game. As the season takes its toll a cover RB might be sensible, for eg.
confused.com
you are fogetting Dawson LOL.
Wasnt intimating you were looking to replace, just saying I dont feel the same urgency as last year
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:you are fogetting Dawson LOL.
Wasnt intimating you were looking to replace, just saying I dont feel the same urgency as last year
Oh completely. Last year was exceptional: we had to build a team in January to keep us up after the Champions who were given their chance were not up to it.

This year is just adding depth to an already decent squad.
Robin
I suspect we will add another forward in January with Holman heading out, and probably another full back if we are in touching distance of the play offs.