clubs circling for Eisa

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Middlesbrough, Brum and bizarrely Bristol Rovers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/08/re ... ohamed-ei/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure what sort of fee we should be asking for but didn't Exeter get £800k for Ollie Watkins? If so, needs to be similar if we are to sell Blues and Boro could easily afford that too.
Shade
Not sure I can take a site seriously when it says he scored against Cheltenham last month...
Johnsons Red Army
It also says Bristol Rovers are a Championship side.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Glad I read the two above replies before clicking the link. Now I know not to bother.
everyman
Robin wrote:Middlesbrough, Brum and bizarrely Bristol Rovers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/08/re ... ohamed-ei/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure what sort of fee we should be asking for but didn't Exeter get £800k for Ollie Watkins? If so, needs to be similar if we are to sell Blues and Boro could easily afford that too.
We may be looking at another striker for Jan.anyway with Dan Holman not setting the "woods"on fire at his loan club.Four starts no goals and subbed each time,can`t believe he has become such a low on confidence player.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:

We may be looking at another striker for Jan.anyway with Dan Holman not setting the "woods"on fire at his loan club.Four starts no goals and subbed each time,can`t believe he has become such a low on confidence player.
Some players are never the same after injury. Matt Jansen being the most obvious.
bigdavejambo

will any sale be 'a tax free saving'
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote:

will any sale be 'a tax free saving'
Hardly any rate of interest currently so makes no difference.
Artemis
They could, of course, mean Bristol City...which might not be that much of a surprise.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£2m minimum.
Nesty
you can just see the headlines "Robins cash in on Eisa"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:you can just see the headlines "Robins cash in on Eisa"
Inflation busting rate of return.

Could have been great for a C&G advertising campaign if they still existed.
SydneyDanno
I hope they weren't about Saturday if true. Eisa didn't get a sniff. They done well to keep him quiet.
Malabus

It's states 'three championships are looking at Eisa'
Bristol Rovers are in league one.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RR88
I just hope Barry Fry was not impressed with what he could see against Swindon. Really do not want to see this squad get broken up.
Robin
The only way it should be broken up is if clubs make very large offers for our players. If we sell Eisa for less than a club record fee to a Championship side I would lose faith in the board given the money floating around in the top two divisions now.
Shade
Very true. As I said re Pell a few months ago, put a stupid price on him - we don't want to lose the player so it needs to be more than worth our while if we do sell. But let's be serious for a moment - Eisa has played 12 or so games in the football league in his life. 15 months ago we thought Dan Holman was going to be the best striker in League 2. Let's just hope Mo keeps on scoring for us and he's playing in League 1 for us next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
£1m minimum for Eisa though preferably £2m if the Board are serious.
Robin
Shade wrote:Very true. As I said re Pell a few months ago, put a stupid price on him - we don't want to lose the player so it needs to be more than worth our while if we do sell. But let's be serious for a moment - Eisa has played 12 or so games in the football league in his life. 15 months ago we thought Dan Holman was going to be the best striker in League 2. Let's just hope Mo keeps on scoring for us and he's playing in League 1 for us next season.

I guess the comparison is Dwight Gayle who Dagenham signed from obscurity and whom moved to Peterborough very shortly afterwards for a decent six figure fee. Does anyone know what that was?

I'm trying to think of similar league two prospects moving to the Championship only one who comes to mind is Ollie Watkins who I think Exeter got £800k from Brentford so that should be a yardstick in my opinion, not sure we'd get quite as much given how few games but then Brum and Boro will have a lot more money than Brentford!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:
Shade wrote:Very true. As I said re Pell a few months ago, put a stupid price on him - we don't want to lose the player so it needs to be more than worth our while if we do sell. But let's be serious for a moment - Eisa has played 12 or so games in the football league in his life. 15 months ago we thought Dan Holman was going to be the best striker in League 2. Let's just hope Mo keeps on scoring for us and he's playing in League 1 for us next season.

I guess the comparison is Dwight Gayle who Dagenham signed from obscurity and whom moved to Peterborough very shortly afterwards for a decent six figure fee. Does anyone know what that was?
Peterborough paid £500k-750 in January 2013 (so add on the transfers inflation and we'll closer to £1m now) AND then sold him for somewhere ranging £4.5m to £6m(!) in July 2013 to Crystal Palace, which netted the Daggers a further £1m in sell-on.
Robin
Thanks RCS then I certainly believe we should be looking for a high end or even seven figure fee if this turns out to be true.
shevates
Do people honestly think clubs would pay a million plus for Eisa. He's new to league footie and has started really well but still a gamble to take on a raw recruit. Other players mentioned who went for high fees were experienced players. If Eisa was to be sold which I hope he isn't I think it could be 4 or 5 hundred grand with larger knock ons than usual. If clubs offered a million I'd bite there hands off
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:Do people honestly think clubs would pay a million plus for Eisa. He's new to league footie and has started really well but still a gamble to take on a raw recruit. Other players mentioned who went for high fees were experienced players. If Eisa was to be sold which I hope he isn't I think it could be 4 or 5 hundred grand with larger knock ons than usual. If clubs offered a million I'd bite there hands off
Given the current market, we should accept nothing lower than a million.

If clubs will pay that, I have no idea. Probably not right now but if he bangs them in for us next season in League One then who knows!
asl
A player's only worth what another club is willing to pay for them.
Shade
asl wrote:A player's only worth what another club is willing to pay for them.
Unless he's worth more to the club that "owns" him, i.e., he's more valuable on the pitch scoring goals for them, rather than have the money.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Unless he's worth more to the club that "owns" him, i.e., he's more valuable on the pitch scoring goals for them, rather than have the money.
Indeed. If a selling won’t accept £1m but do accept £1.5m even though the buying club was willing to pay £2m then it is the selling club who set the value.
theidlerich
£2 mill plus DW! :)
Ralph
Here's hoping it's more than 30k and a friendly .. sorry Nesty :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
Here's hoping it's more than 30k and a friendly .. sorry Nesty :lol:
You forgot the pork scratchings.
Robin
shevates wrote:Do people honestly think clubs would pay a million plus for Eisa. He's new to league footie and has started really well but still a gamble to take on a raw recruit. Other players mentioned who went for high fees were experienced players. If Eisa was to be sold which I hope he isn't I think it could be 4 or 5 hundred grand with larger knock ons than usual. If clubs offered a million I'd bite there hands off
I think you have to compare to other players Shevates, Dwight Gayle is the obvious example who came very far down the pyramid to Dagenham and was quickly sold for a decent six figure fee as RCS confirms above. Luton have also done it with Vassell to Birmingham for £400k.