Loanees

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Bristolcityfan
Hi all,
Firstly congratulations on the win today, anybody who beats Swindon goes down well in my book!

Was wondering how our loanees are getting on, have heard good things about Morrell especially but was wondering how they are all getting on?

Good luck for the rest of the season, good to see Gary still in football
confused.com
Hinds hasn;t had much exposure yet but other two lads are making themsekves obviosu picks every week and have added a lot to the team< waswishing we had Hinds on the bench today to make an impact
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Doing well and good players. Lee better respect his Dad and let us keep them for the season.
Bristolcityfan
Hoping we do let you keep them, will aid them massively to get regular game time in a highly competitive league
Hubert Parry
Morrell is one of the most talented midfielders we have had in years. He reminds me a little of Marlon Pack with his ability to create space for himself and to spot a killer pass. Moore is wise beyond his years as a CB and our up turn in defensive form is in no small way down to him. Hinds has had minimal exposure.

I enjoy our relationship with Bristol City and I think our arrangement suits both parties. Occasionally, we will throw up a good championship player and I would have no qualms about him joining Bristol City, much like we did with Marlon Pack. Good luck for the rest of the season!
Benctfc
Taylor Moore and Morrell are miles better than this level and could in a couple of years time break into your team imo both have the ability and have made a huge difference to us. Hinds hasn't really had a chance yet but im sure his time will come.
vickeryc
Bristolcityfan wrote:Hi all,
Firstly congratulations on the win today, anybody who beats Swindon goes down well in my book!

Was wondering how our loanees are getting on, have heard good things about Morrell especially but was wondering how they are all getting on?

Good luck for the rest of the season, good to see Gary still in football
As a fellow City fan and Bristolian, it's nice to hear from you rather than one of the Gashead trolls!. Yes, it was great to beat Swindle with such a late goal and silence their end of the ground - it was almost as enjoyable as beating the Rovers.

The three City boys have settled in very well and have had a hugely positive impact on Cheltenham's performances. If anyone has to be singled out it has to be Joe Morrell - a pocket dynamo with a great future. He never seems to lose possession, always looks dangerous, and tackles, passes and shoots well. Class player. Taylor Moore has also settled in very well and has strengthened the back line considerably. I originally expected Freddie Hinds to make the greatest impact, but his appearances to date have been limited. That will undoubtedy change, and once he gets a run of games I'm confident he'll score plenty of ovals like the one he got in the Paint Pot on Tuesday. He is a real talent and Cheltenham are very fortunate to get him.

It pleases me immensely to have Gary here and, with Lee managing City, there are such good relations between the clubs. Long may it continue! Fingers crossed that both clubs can get promoted (at long last) in 2018. All the best.
Robin
I'd echo what others say Moore and Morrell have done well Hinds hasn't really made an impact - he's looked too small in the games which I've seen. Do you see any of them being released at the end of the season, especially Morrell? I don't see him making the Championship but he's been class in league two. Moore I think could move up to league one with ease but isn't ready for Championship yet.
horlickfanclub
Hinds was not on the bench. He was crocked.Not yet got the legs for mens football.
vickeryc
Robin wrote:I'd echo what others say Moore and Morrell have done well Hinds hasn't really made an impact - he's looked too small in the games which I've seen. Do you see any of them being released at the end of the season, especially Morrell? I don't see him making the Championship but he's been class in league two. Moore I think could move up to league one with ease but isn't ready for Championship yet.
Not sure I can follow your logic for writing off Morrell's chances of making it in the Championship. He is young and is showing immense class and promise imo.
vickeryc
horlickfanclub wrote:Hinds was not on the bench. He was crocked.Not yet got the legs for mens football.
Hinds undoubtedly has the class, though. He will obviously get stronger as the season progresses.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:
Robin wrote:I'd echo what others say Moore and Morrell have done well Hinds hasn't really made an impact - he's looked too small in the games which I've seen. Do you see any of them being released at the end of the season, especially Morrell? I don't see him making the Championship but he's been class in league two. Moore I think could move up to league one with ease but isn't ready for Championship yet.
Not sure I can follow your logic for writing off Morrell's chances of making it in the Championship. He is young and is showing immense class and promise imo.
Just playing him down to prevent a recall or to persuade City to release him ;)
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
vickeryc wrote:
Just playing him down to prevent a recall or to persuade City to release him ;)
Haha, I forgot how widely-read and influential The Nest is!
little mo
horlickfanclub wrote:Hinds was not on the bench. He was crocked.Not yet got the legs for mens football.
Actually he was ill, not crocked at all, but dont let that stop you finding a negative,again.
horlickfanclub
Apologies. Amend that to now ill after being crocked again midweek Not yet got the legs for mens football for ninety minutes.That is not negative but reality at the moment and in reply to our Bristol City F.C. fan.
shevates
Moore and morell have done us proud they perform consistently week in week out they are good league 2 players. As for City's status as championship players they are not. With regular football at our club it is up to Gary Johnson to improve their standard of play and when they return to city at the end of the season I hope they will be better players for there time with us and then Lee Johnson can then devolope them further to be part of Citys Championship squad . If they don't make it at City I'm sure they would be more than welcome at Cheltenham to further there careers

As for Hinds not as good but he's used as a sub and isn't getting full games like his team mates
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don’t see why the three of them couldn’t continue to perform and develop with us in League One next season.
Bristolcityfan
I think the ultimate aim is to have all 3 playing for us in the Championship, Morrell has always had potential but has never seemed to fulfil it, he made his debut for us at 16 and was seen as the next big thing but ever since then his career has stalled somewhat.
Taylor Moore came with a decent pedigree having captained England U19's but like Morrell he seems to have stalled slightly and we weren't able to give him the game time we probably wanted to being in a relegation fight for most of the season.
Hinds is an odd one, was bought from Luton for not much in January and made his debut in the league cup v Plymouth this season, scoring from 30 yards, apparently he is highly rated by the coaching staff so it will be interesting to see how he does when he gets some game time.
Hoping to come to the Crewe game in December to see how they are getting on, best luck for the reset of the season though, you are on fire at the minute by the looks of things.
shevates
At the end of the day all parties are better off. The players are better here with us to further there experience by playing regularly and not sitting on the bench or in the stands at City. Our club have a stronger team squad with them here and that benefits City as well
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bristolcityfan wrote:I think the ultimate aim is to have all 3 playing for us in the Championship, Morrell has always had potential but has never seemed to fulfil it, he made his debut for us at 16 and was seen as the next big thing but ever since then his career has stalled somewhat.
Taylor Moore came with a decent pedigree having captained England U19's but like Morrell he seems to have stalled slightly and we weren't able to give him the game time we probably wanted to being in a relegation fight for most of the season.
Hinds is an odd one, was bought from Luton for not much in January and made his debut in the league cup v Plymouth this season, scoring from 30 yards, apparently he is highly rated by the coaching staff so it will be interesting to see how he does when he gets some game time.
Hoping to come to the Crewe game in December to see how they are getting on, best luck for the reset of the season though, you are on fire at the minute by the looks of things.
Cheers. Hopefully you see a few goals at the Crewe game. On current form we should turn them over 3-0. If you like the look of Eisa, it’s £2m minimum.
Shade
Moore, along with Flinders, has been a huge reason why we've only conceded 4 league goals in 8 games since the start of September, compared to the 9 conceded in 4 games before the lads joined from City. My only negative about him at centre back, not that there's anything he can do about it, is that he's a couple of inches short and sometimes finds it hard to win headers against taller forwards. But he's a clever player and a quick learner so usually finds another way to prevent the attacker from getting too much joy.