Defensive excellence v Lincoln

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

d3d4
hi all,

in our latest podcast we take a look back on your win over the Imps with great performances from Boyle and Grimes and we discuss bans for simulation, safe standing and more

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-p ... 15-review/

thanks for listening
James
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Boyle was excellent. Like a young Tony Adams.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Boyle was excellent. Like a young Tony Adams.
He is more than a year younger than Sean Raggett who has signed for Norwich for a good fee.
Shade
He hasn't headed a winning goal in a televised cup game though. That, to be honest, is about the only difference between the two from what I've seen. Oh, and Raggett loses his rag quite easily and tries to use other players shirts, it seems.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Raggett was made to look a mug off on Saturday. Overhyped and he seemed to believe the hype given how he almost cried every time the ref blew up for one of his grubby fouls. He should have been red carded.
Artemis
Raggett was extremely lucky not to get sent off. Telling the ref to f off to his face when already on a yellow together with countless niggly and not so niggly fouls deserved a second yellow IMO.

Wright taught him a lesson and good stuff in BG and DW swapping their men.
Shade
I read Danny Cowley said they should have had a penalty in the second half. I actually thought the ref had given them one when he blew, but he eventually raised his arm to indicate a free-kick to us. It would have been a stonewall penalty to them as whoever our defender was had the shirt off their players back but, before that, Flinders was completely blocked off when trying to come and punch the ball. Cowley said it was given for a handball, though. Either way, I think it's a bit rich saying you should have had a penalty for your player being pulled back when every single time the ball went forward all afternoon our forwards shirts were up round their necks. There was more male flesh on display on Saturday than in Magic Mike...I'd assume.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lincoln corners were more like rugby line outs the way they lined up and acted. None of them should have been allowed. Pipe down Cowley.
Artemis
Looked a penalty to me. The Lincoln player went over on obvious shirt pulling and appeared to handle the ball on the way down, so I guess thats what the free kick was for. Seems the ref didn't mind a bit a shirt pulling - at least he was consistent....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Several Lincoln fouls in the build up. Ref called it right.
Si Robin
Funnily enough, the foul for their penalty shout was on the worst culprit of shirt-pulling all day - Raggett.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Funnily enough, the foul for their penalty shout was on the worst culprit of shirt-pulling all day - Raggett.
Exactly. He can't have it both ways.
Artemis
Oh I agree. The ref let all but the most blatant shirt pulling go all game. Therefore neither Cowley nor Raggett can have any complaints about the in most games stonewall penalty not being awarded.