Forest Green Away - Transport

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout Picker wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Benctfc wrote:What is the minimum you have to allocate to away fans? I would hope when they visit here we give them the smallest allocation we can and make it difficult for their fans too get tickets too.
This was an issue for Newcastle fans last season in the Championship:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2016/11/efl-ru ... le-united/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That article has a link to EFL rules.

FGR have to give us at least 10% of attendance, but they give us about double that. And, unless they have special permission, must give us at least 200 tickets under cover. I do not think they do the latter.

So we could get away with giving them 700.
The whole away terrace was under cover last time I went or do you mean seats rather than tickets?
Away fans on the West Stand terrace this season, which is uncovered. Have been some threads about it on FGR forum after other fans complained.

See review from Exeter fan this season.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... supporters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sprout Picker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Sprout Picker wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: The whole away terrace was under cover last time I went or do you mean seats rather than tickets?
Away fans on the West Stand terrace this season, which is uncovered. Have been some threads about it on FGR forum after other fans complained.

See review from Exeter fan this season.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leag ... supporters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah right, cheers RCS, wasn't aware they'd moved the away fans. So who goes in the covered end now? (Not got time to read the linked article at the moment incase it says).

Surely it would make more sense for them to give us, Swindon etc. both sides but then they don't seem to want the extra revenues like any other club. You'd think they would be keen to coin the money in with FFP rules in L2.
London Exile
The home fans at FGR have both covered end terraces and the seated main stand.
I assume it’s a ploy to try and deter away fans from attending and creating an atmosphere. If they were getting 3/4K home fans each game then fair enough but they’re not.
Withap any luck the FL will resolve it in the future but for now let’s hope it doesn’t rain on 25th November
Jerry St Clair
The unwelcoming attitude of FGR is a real shame because this was a cracking away trip in the conference. The long, open terrace will kill any atmosphere from us and, if it rains, will put a right dampner on the day.

TBH, i’m Not going to rush to get a ticket and if they sell out, i’ll Go behind the goal. The ‘away’ end we were in last time now gets a few dozen home fans for most games so even if 50 of us went in there, we’d own it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Be great to see 500 red and white behind the goal.
Robin
Agree Jerry I'm also considering just going in the home end, we'll sell the away end out and there will be no issues going in home end.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A ticket in the 'home' end also useful in case any fascist dullards insist on seeing a ticket on entry to the Green Man.
Shade
We should all get on the football ground guide on 26th Nov and leave some reviews...
kora
According to the Ground Guide the away terrace holds 1,150, so if they give us less than that there's a complaint before we go. I'm sure there will be lot's more after the event. People who need a seat due to age etc. should bombard them with complaints now and make them realise they are a disgrace to league football.