Holman on tv.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

everyman
BBC. showing St.Albans v Boreham Wood F.A.C.on sat.Chance for Holman to score a goal against 6th tier opp`s. ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In his pomp for us he'd get 3 or 4 against an outfit like St Albans.

If he doesn't score, it looks like it will be a long road back for him.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:In his pomp for us he'd get 3 or 4 against an outfit like St Albans.

Be surprised if he has permission to play in FA cup and interesting to know if BC lads can play for us also.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:In his pomp for us he'd get 3 or 4 against an outfit like St Albans.

Be surprised if he has permission to play in FA cup and interesting to know if BC lads can play for us also.
In the long-term I think letting him play in the cup to score goals and boost confidence has more benefit to him and CTFC than the cost to us of him being cup-tied. So I would let him play.
Robin
paperboy wrote:

Why would you be surprised I really don't see him having a future here now, in fact I'd be surprised if he doesn't have permission given he will return from loan only after the 2nd round anyway. Also I'd be surprised if our four loanees are not given permission too.
Artemis
Let him play. Chances are, if / when he returns we'll be out of the competition anyway. And give him a chance to fill his boots against lower league opponents.
Artemis
Pretty sure Flatt will be given permission. The others, I doubt. City dont come in until the 3rd Round in Jan, and may well choose to play the three lads then, before a second loan spell - hopefully, with us.....

But then again, Dad might be persuasive over the feative dinner table.
Shade
I think if they're allowed to play, and I obviously hope they are, then it will be a good indicator that City will be willing to let us keep them for the whole season.
Robin
I'd be amazed if a deal wasn't already in place for the whole season on the proviso it suits all parties in January. Whilst all three have done well none of them look Championship standard at this moment in time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I'd be amazed if a deal wasn't already in place for the whole season on the proviso it suits all parties in January. Whilst all three have done well none of them look Championship standard at this moment in time.
Would you take a swap? Mo goes to City and we get the three lads on a permanent?
Artemis
Yup.....
Robin
Interesting question I'd be tempted to say no because Eisa could make us a lot of money long term and I'm not convinced Morrell will make it that level or even Moore based upon what I've seen. Equally though Eisa has played limited games and could easily fade so I'm really not sure.
Shade
I probably would take 3 very promising young players for one striker, especially as Hinds has every chance as being as good as Eisa and he's only 18 still. But it isn't going to happen.
paperboy
...on the bench today so we must have given permission for him to play.
Robin
Such a shame how he has fallen from being a top quality prospect to stuck on the bench at a glorified pub team within 18 months.
paperboy
Robin wrote:Such a shame how he has fallen from being a top quality prospect to stuck on the bench at a glorified pub team within 18 months.
...and by contrast Padraig Almond who many thought was inferior to Dan has scored two for Newport against FGR today.

A little insulting to call Borehamwood a pub team though.
Robin
I've been there twice, they are punching well above their weight in the conference.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I've been there twice, they are punching well above their weight in the conference.
Definitely agree. Their average attendance is less than 800. If they weren’t lucky enough to have a huge pool of players on their doorstep and home to Arsenal women’s team they would be Isthmian League.
longmover
We'll draw them in the cup now
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:We'll draw them in the cup now
Pub team at home, I'll take that.
little mo
Dan Holman only on bench for BW on Saturday,feel for him,he has obviously really lost it now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Get him back here. He is not suited to Boreham hoof ball. Might as well have him as an option in our own squad.
horlickfanclub
They played one up in the Fa cup so if they do that all the time Dan is at the wrong club. There Manager worked a bit of a con trick to get him now does not know what to do with him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Too right. Recall him.
kora
If he can't get in BW's side he won't get in ours; it's saving us a few quid so leave him there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He is more suited to our side. He would have tucked a couple away vs Grimsby.
horlickfanclub
I agree. He also has not had the chance to play with the revamped side and better service.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree. He also has not had the chance to play with the revamped side and better service.
Forget Holman, he has forgotten how to score.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree. He also has not had the chance to play with the revamped side and better service.
Forget Holman, he has forgotten how to score.
Made a goal out of nothing with good instinct in his last appearance for us.

Seeing how many good chances or opportunities we create and fail to capitalise on I am convinced Holman deserves more game time to try and bury a few.
THECHOIRBOY
But arguably if he did play we may have one less effective player making the space and opportunities.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He is one of our best at making runs and space.
Oldun
Sadly, RCS, I fear you mean he "WAS" the best at making runs etc. He has had chance after chance to re-establish himself and has not taken it. So strange as he was brilliant in the promotion year. Not making any impact now either as he was on bench again last night. Unless he can score a hatful and get confidence back I can see no justification in picking him anywhere near our current squad, let alone a starting eleven.
everyman
Oldun wrote:Sadly, RCS, I fear you mean he "WAS" the best at making runs etc. He has had chance after chance to re-establish himself and has not taken it. So strange as he was brilliant in the promotion year. Not making any impact now either as he was on bench again last night. Unless he can score a hatful and get confidence back I can see no justification in picking him anywhere near our current squad, let alone a starting eleven.
I think Dan spent to much time in the gym during his long recovery and seemed to bulk up noticeably,which effected his mobility.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
His hair is growing back. Once flowing to his shoulders he will be a 25+ goals a season man again.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:His hair is growing back. Once flowing to his shoulders he will be a 25+ goals a season man again.
Good job you’re not a betting man.