Up for the cup says Gary

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Either he's been lied to by the players or he's lying to us....?

I thought id never see this but CTFC held Maidstone in complete contempt. From the off, Town dare I say arrogantly? 'trying' to be clever and play the ball across the back with calamitous effect , half arsed tackles, zero leadership from anyone, sloppy passing / shooting and zero effort with the mindset we'll have this wrapped up by 1/2 time.

The boos and chants they need to suck up as well and truly deserved

After all the years CTFC have been the non league underdog I never thought I'd see a CTFC team approach a game in this manor.

Also where's this game management GJ talks of? Or does he save this for teams that are worth it?

P.s if they do score against Luton I don't want them celebrating like they've won the world cup, they've got a lot of making up to do after yesterday.
confused.com
Couldn't agree more.

Foe one or two to have an off day, maybe we can get away with that. However for an entire team to look like they don't give a 5hit and / or can't work out themselves how to change things on the pitch, is inexcusable. Would have had more intensity if we had popped over to Whaddon Rec and taken 11 players off there.

Even when they began to tire we played right into their hands via an ariel bombardment, instead of playing football and stretching them a bit. If the lure of a good cup run does not get their @ss into gear, I am beginning to wonder if they have flattered to deceive?. Think the speedy skips crowd got it about right on Saturday. Hope GJ had the balls to tell them the same
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
In a way, better all eleven have an off day in one match in the cup, than two having an off day in each of the next 5 League games where vital points are at stake.

Every player must be 100% at it (effort and intensity - different from quality) on Saturday vs Luton.