FGR ticket sales

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
How are they going?
Sprout Picker
Not sure on total sales but bought mine before the game yesterday, probably wouldn't have bothered if I knew what we were going to serve up vs Maidstone. Hopefully we won't be so inept at Egotricity FC.
Campden Robin
Can someone from the club post an update on this?

Also I would like to know if my Father can use my details to get a ticket on Thursday as I am a 500 club member but won't be able to get to the ticket office.

I would also like to know how many are left as ideally I would like to get 2 but if there are hardly any left now the chances of this will decrease. I am assuming we have around 1300 - 1400 Season Ticket holders and the majority will want to go?
Shade
Campden Robin wrote:Can someone from the club post an update on this?

Also I would like to know if my Father can use my details to get a ticket on Thursday as I am a 500 club member but won't be able to get to the ticket office.

I would also like to know how many are left as ideally I would like to get 2 but if there are hardly any left now the chances of this will decrease. I am assuming we have around 1300 - 1400 Season Ticket holders and the majority will want to go?
Best to just email the ticket office, tickets@ctfc.com. I emailed a different query last week and had a reply within 10 minutes.
joes dad
Just purchased 4 tickets today from TNL [Covered North Stand]
No questions asked.
Robin
The funny thing is we'll have Old Tom Cat on here telling how FGR crowds are catching up with ours because the home attendance will be swelled by our fans.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:The funny thing is we'll have Old Tom Cat on here telling how FGR crowds are catching up with ours because the home attendance will be swelled by our fans.
:lol:
Blakey 9
There can't be than much of a demand for forest green tickets , my uncle rang the ticket office up today and paid for a ticket for forest green and he's not even a season ticket holder, I'm a robins trust member so I will be getting mine tomorrow, I did email the ticket office to ask how many we have sold but there simple reply was there will be plenty left on Thursday so you'll get one. doesn't seem like we are selling well at all , Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't even take our allocation.
Benctfc
We will easily sell out if all we have got is around 1,000 tickets. I would imagine a lot of people will get there tickets on Saturday before the Luton game.
Robin
Agree we will sell out with plenty in the home end because it's our closest fixture, I'd imagine next season numbers will drop to 800 or so though as people get bored with the lack of atmosphere/rivalry between the two clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Agree we will sell out with plenty in the home end because it's our closest fixture, I'd imagine next season numbers will drop to 800 or so though as people get bored with the lack of atmosphere/rivalry between the two clubs.
Plus it will only be the county cup and checkatrade which are most likely reasons we will be going to TNL next season.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:Agree we will sell out with plenty in the home end because it's our closest fixture, I'd imagine next season numbers will drop to 800 or so though as people get bored with the lack of atmosphere/rivalry between the two clubs.
Plus it will only be the county cup and checkatrade which are most likely reasons we will be going to TNL next season.
What, you think we'll stay up? I'm honoured.
paperboy
....bought mine over the phone today-efficient service and no eligibility questions either.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:
What, you think we'll stay up? I'm honoured.
Yup. Now Cooper has put football and survival above his ego and arrogance and started playing your best players like KMB you may well survive.

Though thing with Cooper is you never know how long until he does something ridiculous again.
MacRobin
Bought my FGR ticket this morning at around midday.

I was told by the guys in the ticket office that around 600 had been sold up to then. Wouldn’t think too many more were sold today but quite a few ST holders and Trust members will buy before the Luton game, so it looks unlikely that many tickets will go on general sale if our allocation remains 900.
kora
Why 900? The away terrace has a 1150 limit, so we're not even getting a full allocation. Adding that to the "no seats even for the elderly" rule and you begin to see what a scumbag unfriendly club they have become. It's a shame as we used to feel very welcome at he old Lawn.
Robin
Don't tickets go on general sale today?
Robin
Also given that we have 1300 season ticket holders and 400 trust members (appreciate there will be some overlap) 600 early tickets is poor.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Also given that we have 1300 season ticket holders and 400 trust members (appreciate there will be some overlap) 600 early tickets is poor.
No parking. No decent public transport. No roof. Can’t blame folk for sitting on the fence about whether to fork out in advance.
Shade
There's probably quite a few fans that haven't even bothered trying to get any yet because they thought by the time they get around to it they'll all be gone. Plus, only one ticket per ST holder, so you can't buy 1 for you and 3 for your mates at the same time. And then last Saturday's result wouldn't have helped one little bit. Bear in mind that result came just 4 days (2 days that the ticket office had been open) after the tickets went on sale. I'd imagine a fair few are waiting to see the respective results of CTFC and FGR today before making their minds up whether to bother going. A tonking for us mixed with FGR's 4th league win on the spin, 5 in all comps, and only a handful more may sell.

Add the pain in the ass location of TNL and we've got c!#p ticket sales bingo.
Benctfc
Would it not have made more sense to allow general sale to happen before today's game. If you were a season ticket holder you will have had plenty of time to get a ticket by now. All that is going to happen now is there will be a mad rush and massive queues after the game of everyone trying to get a ticket not even knowing how many are left. Would have made more sense to open it before the game for a few hours to avoid massive queues.
Si Robin
The next away game after FGR is Coventry as well. As I am likely to only be doing one away game this season, it was a no-brainer to tick Cov off the list rather than go to TNL again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yeah, Ricoh a must visit for me as well.

Maybe some are waiting for the weather forecast in the days before the game, given the uncovered terrace with no indoor facilities.
thetonga
What is the reasoning for not being in the same terrace we were in when we played them in the conference a couple of seasons ago?
Shade
They've just given the west terrace to away fans instead now. It's not just us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
thetonga wrote:What is the reasoning for not being in the same terrace we were in when we played them in the conference a couple of seasons ago?
Just to make it worse for away fans and stop so many coming and to stop them making atmosphere.
Robin
Agree Coventry far more appealing game, didn’t realise it was so soon after and no doubt we will take more there. Also suspect no seats is a factor as elderly and young kids won’t go.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Agree Coventry far more appealing game, didn’t realise it was so soon after and no doubt we will take more there. Also suspect no seats is a factor as elderly and young kids won’t go.
The fewer the merrier as far as Vince concerned.
Johnsons Red Army
thetonga wrote:What is the reasoning for not being in the same terrace we were in when we played them in the conference a couple of seasons ago?
Just to make it worse for away fans and stop so many coming and to stop them making atmosphere.
Would imagine this is pretty much spot on!
Robin
I'm sure there will be plenty of CTFC fans in the home areas, will we realistically out number the home fans on the day?
longmover
50 left
Jerry St Clair
Anticipating the sellout, FGR already have a note on their ticket page saying “Are you an away supporter? If you’re buying tickets for home areas, you won’t get in”.
Benctfc
There's no way of them stopping you buying tickets for the home areas.
Robin
Exactly I already know Chelt fans with tickets in the seating areas and other posters on here have got them in the home terrace. They have to say things like this but we all know the home crowd will have CTFC fans in as it did last time. Unless you try to walk in wearing club colours they have no means to know who you support.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And no way of ensuring "you won't get in" if you buy a ticket. Just more pathetic nonsense from them.