FGR ticket sales

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

leohoenig
The Old TomCat wrote:
Average CTFC away attendance for season is 3,608 and divided by 18 games is almost exactly 200.
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Someone does not understand maths or statistics?
The average is the average number (home and away supporters), at Cheltenham away games.
There are of course, nine games away from home so far, not 18!

The programme from the Luton game does not show how many Cheltenham fans were at Morecambe, and I do not know the figure for yesterday

That leaves seven League games, and one League Cup

Oxford 301
Carlisle 122
Yeovil 220
Newport 231
Accrington 87
Chesterfield 217
Port Vale 266
Wycombe 573

Total 2017, Average 252
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Robin wrote:You really believe our average away support is 200? Granted it's dropped a lot given our form in recent years but it will be more than that, we took 600 to Wycombe. We have 1000 officially going but realistically that number will be a few hundred higher, probably more like 1200-1300 or so. We all know CTFC and FGR fans get on well and there is no real rivalry we are just close and some youngsters on both sides seem to have taken it for some sort of rivalry.
Average CTFC away attendance for season is 3,608 and divided by 18 games is almost exactly 200.
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RCS: All built up areas are warmer than at rural locations. I was stating the obvious and alerting the Cheltenham fans to dress up warmly.
For many of the 800 it could be their first away game watching match in the open. Big difference between the stands at Cheltenham and West Stand at TNL.
Do you actually read any of the bull5hit you post on here Old Turn Coat? You think we are all just new football "fans" like you and your lot at FGR? That we've never been on an open terrace before?

And don't talk to us about your attendance figures. Again, you are clueless as usual....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... ttendances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
The average is the average number (home and away supporters), at Cheltenham away games.

The programme from the Luton game does not show how many Cheltenham fans were at Morecambe, and I do not know the figure for yesterday

Oxford 301
Carlisle 122
Yeovil 220
Newport 231
Accrington 87
Chesterfield 217
Port Vale 266
Wycombe 573

Total 2017, Average 252
My word OTC. You outdid yourself on this one. Please keep away from maths and stats, you have no idea. It is embarrassing.

The average is "3,608" and divide by 18 games. You what? That is the average attendance at all our away games, including home fans. Dividing an average by the number of games makes no sense, as the 3,608 average is already worked out by dividing the total attendance at our nine league games by nine! Notwithstanding you bizarrely divided by 18.

To work out our average away attendance you need to add up the total number of Cheltenham fans who have gone to away games and divide by the number of games. Ignore opposition fans. Talking about the average attendance of other teams has no relevance to calculating how many we take away.

Leo, fyi, official CTFC.com match report says we had 232 at Notts County.

Re: the weather. Most people in Cheltenham have been up to Cleeve Hill, or the races, or Crickley Hill, or Leckampton. The town is not really any less dense than Stroud. Cheltenham people are outdoor countryside people. Stop with the patronising guff.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Almost as dumb and illogical as OTC's hopeless grasp of basic maths is the fact that some FGR fans themselves are struggling to be able to buy tickets, with the system identifying them as away fans despite having a good booking history: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... c63d86e2f6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cgcg
Should hopefully be a few Chelt in the north stand. I live away for Uni so used that address to purchase tickets online a couple weeks back as I'm aware of their postcode stance to B Rovers and Swindon fans in the past.
The Old TomCat
leohoenig wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Oxford 301
Carlisle 122
Yeovil 220
Newport 231
Accrington 87
Chesterfield 217
Port Vale 266
Wycombe 573

Total 2017, Average 252
As soon as I posted I realised my error.
However the figures supplied by the football web pages would give an average away number of 400 over 9 games.
Anyway whatever the true number is, the subject was raised in response to number attending game at TNL.
Even accepting the higher average number of 400, it still leaves 600 Cheltenham fans not used to watching game without a roof above them.
And that was the plank of my post. They will not be used to it and should dress accordingly.

Clown... you are really embarrassing yourself now :lol:
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:[Re: the weather. Most people in Cheltenham have been up to Cleeve Hill, or the races, or Crickley Hill, or Leckampton. The town is not really any less dense than Stroud. Cheltenham people are outdoor countryside people. Stop with the patronising guff.
I'm impressed that Cheltenham Town FC had 1,000 supporters at races.
It is a lot warmer in Stroud than it is at Forest Green.
Anyway my last post on subject.
I came in friendship and as usual with RCS he cannot help himself with his unpleasant nit-picking.
ctfc-fan
I say everyone drive and leave your engines running outside TNL just to annoy Stale Mince and his green army

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Oxford 301
Carlisle 122
Yeovil 220
Newport 231
Accrington 87
Chesterfield 217
Port Vale 266
Wycombe 573

Total 2017, Average 252
However the figures supplied by the football web pages would give an average away number of 400 over 9 games.
Anyway whatever the true number is, the subject was raised in response to number attending game at TNL.
Even accepting the higher average number of 400, it still leaves 600 Cheltenham fans not used to watching game without a roof above them.
And that was the plank of my post. They will not be used to it and should dress accordingly.

OTC. The figure given by the football webpages is THE AVERAGE of ALL attendances at away games. On average our away games have 3,608 fans attending. Ie TOTAL attendance from the nine games is 32,473, with an AVERAGE of 3,608. This is the average attendance for the teams. You CANNOT use this to make any claims about CTFC travelling support.

Football webpages does NOT provide data on the number of Cheltenham fans traveling to away games.

Happy to take this to PM or email if you want a step by step guide on what the football webpages data refer to and how to interpret them.

Look at Leo's numbers: they are the data on CTFC travelling support, plus 232 who went to Notts County.

So, from nine games with available data 2,249 CTFC fans have visited away ends. Giving an average from the nine games of 249.88.
horlickfanclub
Can I call for no naughty word chanting but something significant is happening in Stroud The proposed selling off of a community asset to a private company.Guess who? I would love to hear.

SAVE STROUD SUB ROOMS
SAVE STROUD SUB ROOMS
SAVE STROUD SUB ROOMS
SAVE STROUD SUB ROOMS
SAVE STROUD SUB ROOMS
Johnsons Red Army
Personally, I'd rather hear everyone in the away enclosure (and those that choose to join in in the home ends) to be singing:

"F*ck Forest Green" from start to finish!

Each to their own I guess, lol.
asl
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Personally, I'd rather hear everyone in the away enclosure (and those that choose to join in in the home ends) to be singing:

I was watching the Leeds game on Sky yesterday. There was a fair amount of 'fruity' language to be heard and the commentator apologised for it. Shortly after that apology, the pitch-side mics were turned off, I think, and you could barely hear the crowd at all. At times, it was like it was being played behind closed doors, it was so quiet!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FFG banners should be on show all round the ground.
Shade
asl wrote:
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Personally, I'd rather hear everyone in the away enclosure (and those that choose to join in in the home ends) to be singing:

I was watching the Leeds game on Sky yesterday. There was a fair amount of 'fruity' language to be heard and the commentator apologised for it. Shortly after that apology, the pitch-side mics were turned off, I think, and you could barely hear the crowd at all. At times, it was like it was being played behind closed doors, it was so quiet!
I watched the second half and thought, not long after the second goal, "it ain't half quiet for Elland Road when Leeds are winning 2-0...". Now I know why!
longtimerobin
What is this person on must be the veggie burger. I would suggest he keeps his thoughts to himself and wait till the greenies plummet down the leagues again then he will be able to count the one man and his dog crowd himself. Remember a team known as Rushden and Diamonds look what happened to them.
confused.com
The Old TomCat wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Oxford 301
Carlisle 122
Yeovil 220
Newport 231
Accrington 87
Chesterfield 217
Port Vale 266
Wycombe 573

Total 2017, Average 252

If only you had posted this on Saturday morning, before I left for the races !!!!! There was me decked out in my shorts and floral shirt and thongs. Jaysus was it cold and wet. OK, I guessed it may have been a bit cooler up there at Prestbury park, compared to the tropical weather in the Bayshill. However, nothing prepared me for what was to come. Why oh why did you not post this earlier, it would have led to me not dismissing the rain, cold and wind, but instead I could have put a coat on and kept warm and dry. Every day is a school day
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I don't know which is more pitiful and embarrassing, Malabus' flat earth theories or Old Tom Cat's made up maths and weird clothing advice.

I suppose given Mal is likely a trolling WUM whilst OTC seems serious in what he says then the latter is worse.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Remember if taking the bus to go to a stop, wear clothes, take money, and move your legs. Amazing how many non-bus users turn up naked and penniless in Nailsworth standing stiff (legs before you ask) next to buses at traffic lights expecting to board by magic.
Chris FGR
Ben2 wrote:When standing on the terrace can I advise a) standing with your face towards the pitch rather than towards the back wall and b) opening your eyes. Many a fan has gone home sorely frustrated by missing the action due to having their eyes shut or facing the wrong way
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Photo taken from the top of the stand facing the pitch.
joes dad
Still have 2 x Junior tickets for North Stand [Covered]
and 1 x Senior
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:Still have 2 x Junior tickets for North Stand [Covered]
and 1 x Senior
Flog em outside the ground with 20% mark up if its raining.
King giraffe iii
Ben2 wrote:I take it all back. Not going to FGR on the 25th as I’ve realised nothing can match the entertainment of otc tying himself up in ever-decreasing knots.

We’ve got a whole week of this, it’s better than Jeremy Kyle! Get the man a lie detector...
You should go. Seems like we have no central midfielders at all.
Malabus
Anyone doing any revision just incase the questionnaires are dished out at the home turnstiles.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Shade
King giraffe iii wrote:
Ben2 wrote:I take it all back. Not going to FGR on the 25th as I’ve realised nothing can match the entertainment of otc tying himself up in ever-decreasing knots.

We’ve got a whole week of this, it’s better than Jeremy Kyle! Get the man a lie detector...
But we haven't got any attackers...
Malabus
Shade wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

But we haven't got any attackers...
Bristol City fans were singing Freddie Hinds praises...we haven't seen anything special yet.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Had hardly any game time. Impossible to judge a player before they have had 5-10 run of games.
horlickfanclub
He is not up to Div 2 yet.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:He is not up to Div 2 yet.
Sorry, didn't realise he had had a run of L2 games to adjust and be judged on.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Just out of interest, how many L2 games did Mo have under his belt before he was judged good enough for an extended contract ????
confused.com
2 sounds about right ???
vickeryc
In 2 of the 3 games he's played for City, he's scored in League Cup games against Plymouth (L1) and Watford (Premiership). He is capable of scoring against teams of a higher level than L2 - maybe it has something to do with the quality of players around him? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xPMr9OlgIQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vickeryc
Quite - he's not actually started a L2 game yet! Freddie has come on as a sub in 11 matches, though mostly for less than 20 minutes. Hardly fair to judge a player on that basis. The one game when he did start (v FGR in the FL Trophy) he scored a goal.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Just out of interest, how many L2 games did Mo have under his belt before he was judged good enough for an extended contract ????
Time will tell if it was reasoned or knee-jerk.
confused.com
Now I am hoping that if I took the time to go back and check, you were not one of the comments calling for him to get an extension? That would mean double standards :)