Davey

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
??

has he played ? whats he like ? can he play RB? could he be any worse than what we have?

Its ok playing anyone who breaths to play RB but even the worlds best Central Defenders would find it hard to adapt to playing at full back
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should have played yesterday.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Should have played yesterday.
...hindsight is a word thats been used a few times lately on the nest.
It's something that you can't buy in Tesco and on games I've seen he hasn't shone at all.
Mind you after another Taylor Moore horror show he's certainly moved up the pecking order.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Should have played yesterday.
...hindsight is a word thats been used a few times lately on the nest.
It's something that you can't buy in Tesco and on games I've seen he hasn't shone at all.
Mind you after another Taylor Moore horror show he's certainly moved up the pecking order.
Hardly hindsight- I was stating the squad players (Hinds, Davey) should have started all of last week.
Benctfc
I'm just confused how Taylor Moore has gone from looking like one of our best players to our worst recently he has shown he is capable at this level very odd.
As for Hinds I would like to see him get a go he looked very sharp when he came off the bench v Grimsby. Him playing wide could free up Eisa to play through the middle. He's done well on the wing setting up plenty of goals but we miss his poaching instincts in the box.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:I'm just confused how Taylor Moore has gone from looking like one of our best players to our worst recently he has shown he is capable at this level very odd.
As for Hinds I would like to see him get a go he looked very sharp when he came off the bench v Grimsby. Him playing wide could free up Eisa to play through the middle. He's done well on the wing setting up plenty of goals but we miss his poaching instincts in the box.
Eisa has been moved wide as he was getting marked and kicked out of games in the middle, so when he drifted out wide to get space and ball, we only had one striker in the middle. With Graham and Wright/Holman in the middle, it frees up space for Eisa who can get on the ball more and run towards the box.
Shade
To be fair, our goalscoring isn't the problem, is it. We've let in 13 goals in the last 5 games, and one of those was a clean sheet. At the same time we've scored 9 in 5, which is decent. Doesn't matter who the manager or the players are, if you're Cheltenham then you usually only score if you concede. And if you have a big 4 or 5-0 win, then you usually don't score for weeks afterwards (not that we've had that problem often).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Grimsby, Lincoln, Maidstone: all games with a poor chance conversion rate.

9 goals in 5 is less than two a game. Not great!
Shade
Maybe so, but we have scored in them all. If the defence had kept the GA column to 1 or even 2 a game then we'd have quite a few more points than we have and at least have a Cup replay.
Nesty
Benctfc wrote:I'm just confused how Taylor Moore has gone from looking like one of our best players to our worst recently he has shown he is capable at this level very odd.
I would be surprised if Bobby Moore would have been much use at Right Back