Team for Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
Flinders

Moore Davey Boyle O'Shaughnessy

Pell Winchester Storer Cranston

Graham Eisa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not bad. I would switch Pell and Winchester.

We saw in the first part of the season how ineffective and detrimental to the team having Pell out on the wing is.
Benctfc
My team would be similar however I would play Grimes instead of Davey I don't think we should chuck him in against Luton. I would also have Sellars for Cranston and keep DO'S at LB who deserves a chance and shouldn't have been replaced when he did well there earlier in the season.
Artemis
Flinders
Moore Boyle Grimes Cranston
Pell Storer Winchester
Sellers Graham Eisa
Shade
Benctfc wrote:My team would be similar however I would play Grimes instead of Davey I don't think we should chuck him in against Luton. I would also have Sellars for Cranston and keep DO'S at LB who deserves a chance and shouldn't have been replaced when he did well there earlier in the season.
Agree about Davey - being chucked in for your debut against the top scoring side in the division is a bit of an ask. But then he might not do any worse if Grimes is having one of his shockers. I think DO'S was only replaced because he got injured at Colchester? It was only his second game, I think, but it immediately allowed Cranston back into the team to win his place back.

Based on what GJ was saying the other night and the formation he used, and with Dawson and Morrell missing, I will expect him to go 5 at the back v Luton.

----------------------Flinders
Winchester--Moore--Grimes--Boyle--Cranston
--------Pell----------Storer--------Sellars
------------------Eisa------Graham
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
God help us if we regress to 5-3-2

Winchester. Moore. Boyle. O'Shaughnessy

Sellars. Pell. Storer. Cranston.

Graham. Eisa.

Key subs options:
Grimes
Wright
Hinds

Can switch to 3 up top/move Mo wide or go to 5 at the back with these subs if required.

Bare bones.
everyman
Plenty to think about on sat.Hylton and James collins both scoring goals and how do we stop Luke Berry in their midfield who creates and scores.
Shade
Stoz'll get into them and f#!$ them up, with a little encouragement from the crowd.

Speaking of which, haven't heard that chant in quite a while.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:Plenty to think about on sat.Hylton and James collins both scoring goals and how do we stop Luke Berry in their midfield who creates and scores.
That is top of the league football for you. A challenge our boys should be relishing, not worrying about. If they aren’t relishing it, they should be shipped out in Jan.
Shade
I hope they've got some decent studs in today. If I see Chelt players slipping over in the first 5 minutes I'm going to be frustrated beyond belief. Unless we've already scored, of course.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I hope they've got some decent studs in today. If I see Chelt players slipping over in the first 5 minutes I'm going to be frustrated beyond belief. Unless we've already scored, of course.
Good studs will be useful for nullifying the likes of Luke Berry as well.
Shade
Shade wrote:
Benctfc wrote:My team would be similar however I would play Grimes instead of Davey I don't think we should chuck him in against Luton. I would also have Sellars for Cranston and keep DO'S at LB who deserves a chance and shouldn't have been replaced when he did well there earlier in the season.
Agree about Davey - being chucked in for your debut against the top scoring side in the division is a bit of an ask. But then he might not do any worse if Grimes is having one of his shockers. I think DO'S was only replaced because he got injured at Colchester? It was only his second game, I think, but it immediately allowed Cranston back into the team to win his place back.

Based on what GJ was saying the other night and the formation he used, and with Dawson and Morrell missing, I will expect him to go 5 at the back v Luton.

----------------------Flinders
Winchester--Moore--Grimes--Boyle--Cranston
--------Pell----------Storer--------Sellars
------------------Eisa------Graham
I win, those are the players GJ has gone with. I expect them to be deployed in that formation but I suppose Moore could play RB and Winch in midfield.