Should Joe Morrell go straight back into the side?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/MorrellBack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Depends whether he's looked sharper than anyone else in training. He's got some making up to do for Maidstone still, as the others have started already.
Fuller
Probably will be sharper than Harry - he has been very poor in the last few games and could do with sitting one out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes. We need his spark at County.
Oldun
Can't see him playing instead of Harry; hardly a "like for like " replacement. In place of Storer probably and definitely to take free kicks and corners please. Can't see him playing in place of Sellars after last Saturday though.
horlickfanclub
We need tacklers at Notts County so i would play him. Sellars can come on later. Sellars was great second half but wandered and bottled in the first. Hopefully soon he will get his whole game going and then it will be Sellars for me as one of our own.
vickeryc
Sellars and Morrell are too similar and playing both would significantly reduce our aerial advantage. Both are very good players, though I'd use one as a replacement for the other.
everyman
vickeryc wrote:Sellars and Morrell are too similar and playing both would significantly reduce our aerial advantage. Both are very good players, though I'd use one as a replacement for the other.
Neither very good when we don`t have the ball.
vickeryc
everyman wrote:
vickeryc wrote:Sellars and Morrell are too similar and playing both would significantly reduce our aerial advantage. Both are very good players, though I'd use one as a replacement for the other.
Neither very good when we don`t have the ball.
But usually very good when they do have the ball.
Shade
So a keep it tight and try to nick it late on approach is the way people are preferring to go, rather than try to take the game to them and win it from the off? Personally, I think we'll lose either way at Notts County, away from home. I don't know which way I'd prefer us to go about losing, tbh.

Hopefully that's all the mockers that will be needed, but feel free to add to it
Artemis
Yes, he should be in the side. His focus isn't to win the ball; he and Sellars are there to use it when we do have it.

Will he be in the side though? I doubt it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:So a keep it tight and try to nick it late on approach is the way people are preferring to go, rather than try to take the game to them and win it from the off? Personally, I think we'll lose either way at Notts County, away from home. I don't know which way I'd prefer us to go about losing, tbh.

Hopefully that's all the mockers that will be needed, but feel free to add to it
We have the ball players and pace to take the game to anyone. Get the ball up to Morrell and Mo with pace.