Loan switch

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/LoanGulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
little mo
We can only name 5 subs and yet we loan a player out. WTF.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Financial motive instructed by Board. Gary has asked for funds for January. The Board have said only if savings made between now and January. Torquay aren't in poverty and need better players asap, so probably picking up a lot of his wage bill in a bid to still be in with a shot of survival and not adrift before they can strengthen in Jan.

Or maybe saving a couple of months wages will keep us safe from FFP penalties.

All sorts of off the pitch financial issues and moving pieces to unlock other pieces influence deals in the lower leagues.
little mo
Well aware of all that RCS, its the timing i dont understand with only four outfield players on our bench. Obviously GJ does not think he is good enough.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:Well aware of all that RCS, its the timing i dont understand with only four outfield players on our bench. Obviously GJ does not think he is good enough.
Or, GJ had to get some wages off the books for two months and Davey made the most business sense. Just blaming football reasons and manager decisions is too simplistic - many factors at play.
confused.com
RCS I hear all you say, however, it doesn't sit very well, when this is the player you were saying should be given a go in the team (?) We have no FB's yet loan him out ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:RCS I hear all you say, however, it doesn't sit very well, when this is the player you were saying should be given a go in the team (?) We have no FB's yet loan him out ?
He is a CB not a FB but that is beside the point. I am not saying it sits well or makes footballing sense at all. But if Gary had to get someone off the wage bill, who else would you suggest?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Clean sheet and away win at Sutton for Torquay. Davey giving them a timely boost!
confused.com
RCS, well could keep Holman out on loan for a start, but you seem to want to add to wage bill?
Shade
Or, as GJ said, Davey needs some games as there aren't enough reserve matches and he isn't comfortable throwing him straight into a League 2 game.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:RCS, well could keep Holman out on loan for a start, but you seem to want to add to wage bill?
Wage bill theory just a theory, and not a policy I necessarily agree with. And yes I want Holman back for simple personal football reasons. If there are more complex reasons against him coming back then fair enough, doesn't stop me wishing he could. Not sure what your point is, other than to argue.
confused.com
Since when was just to argue not allowed lol.
On a serious point read your OP and saw no could be or might be. So presumed I had missed an interview with GJ as your post made no reference to it being your private speculation.
In saying that I still maintain the right to argue for the sake of it. Someone has to hold your feet to the fire!! ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Some things are inferred. I will note that not all Nesters are able to recognise that and will spell things out/spoon feed more in future.
Alf
Oh sorry, it's all our fault is it. You make sweeping statements and then when taken to task it's just theory or not necessarily something you agree with. You're not Indecisive Dave by any chance?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Oh sorry, it's all our fault is it. You make sweeping statements and then when taken to task it's just theory or not necessarily something you agree with. You're not Indecisive Dave by any chance?
I will take it as a compliment you thought it possible I had insider knowledge of financial decisions made in the board room and conversations between Gary and Paul.

I don't believe any poster is that well informed, so safe to assume anyone talking about such things is speculating unless providing a publicly available quote.

You will see in my original post I included "Or maybe..." and "all sorts of issues"... a giveaway I was simply theorising.
horlickfanclub
If Johnson has no confidence in Davey why sign him? He has to be better than Grimes.
confused.com
Sorry RCS, not being pedantic or argumentative, but there is nothing in your post to indicate that this is your private speculation. The first paragraph clearly asserts that it is a financial motive instructed by the board and that came about because GJ has aked for monies. To attempt to then point out a 'maybe' as a clear indication that this was mere speculation, is absurd. I read the maybe as a possible reason for the boards directive. Far from needing spoon fed, I just need a small hint that it is bo11ox and can be ignored. As I said I presumed you had heard or read an interview that I hadn't. Which given the structure and content of your post was not unreasonable. A far cry from thinking you have PB ear. Good to argue,,,, just in cae you didn't realise that was what I was doint ;)
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Alf wrote:Oh sorry, it's all our fault is it. You make sweeping statements and then when taken to task it's just theory or not necessarily something you agree with. You're not Indecisive Dave by any chance?
I will take it as a compliment you thought it possible I had insider knowledge of financial decisions made in the board room and conversations between Gary and Paul.

I don't believe any poster is that well informed, so safe to assume anyone talking about such things is speculating unless providing a publicly available quote.

You will see in my original post I included "Or maybe..." and "all sorts of issues"... a giveaway I was simply theorising.
I wasn't just referring to this particular post!
Another_FoD_Robin
If I am allowed to put my opinion in as last time I did I was told I was a mindless moron.....

I believe Davey has gone on loan to get some games and Match fit. Moore is here until January. After then is anybodies guess however I am sure someone will say they bumped into someone connected with Bristol Citys management, twice removed who had an affair with Sally up the road and spoke to him in the local pub.

However Daley needs games and if Moore doesn't come back we are left with a defender on the bench who is not match fit and another whose never made it on to the pitch in League Two. So it makes sense to give him some game time as the window for the Football League is shut so he can't get games any higher the pyramid.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another_FoD_Robin wrote:If I am allowed to put my opinion in as last time I did I was told I was a mindless moron.....

I believe Davey has gone on loan to get some games and Match fit. Moore is here until January. After then is anybodies guess however I am sure someone will say they bumped into someone connected with Bristol Citys management, twice removed who had an affair with Sally up the road and spoke to him in the local pub.

However Daley needs games and if Moore doesn't come back we are left with a defender on the bench who is not match fit and another whose never made it on to the pitch in League Two. So it makes sense to give him some game time as the window for the Football League is shut so he can't get games any higher the pyramid.
Yes quite clear Gary wants Davey to have game time, and good point he may need to stand in for Moore come Jan.
Shade
Another_FoD_Robin wrote:If I am allowed to put my opinion in as last time I did I was told I was a mindless moron.....

Exactly. Same situation as Holman, really. Both gone to the conference to get games into them, hopefully to play a big part from January.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Clean sheet and away win at Sutton for Torquay. Davey giving them a timely boost!
Back to back wins on the cards as the Gulls go 3-0 up at home now. There might be hope yet. Glad to see Davey helping them out - plenty of other teams than Torquay I would rather see drop out of the Conference.