Fair play Old Tom Cat!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cracking read on this thread, in all seriousness. Bringing a smile to my face on the way home this evening. I don't need to listen to Fighting Talk tomorrow - won't beat your effort!

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4eac57c6d7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to the match.
asl
I nearly spat my coffee at OTC's description of us as 'perennial relegation-dodgers' while FGR were a model of consistency... Thankfully, SkunkMan was kind enough to point out how FGR managed to finish in the Conference relegation zone on more than one occasion, only to be reprieved by events at other clubs.
Sprout Picker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Cracking read on this thread, in all seriousness. Bringing a smile to my face on the way home this evening. I don't need to listen to Fighting Talk tomorrow - won't beat your effort!

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 4eac57c6d7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to the match.
Thought he'd spouted the usual load of codswallop myself, utter bilge.
Old Turn Coat wrote:Currently Cheltenham are 17th best supported home EFL team with average support of 3,089 while our village club is just below them in 19th spot with average attendance of 2,675 – a difference of 414. Gone are the days when they had a couple thousand or more through the turnstiles than at TNL.

However, and this is the bit that hurts Cheltenham, FGR are a more popular attraction. FGR have better average attendance figures than Cheltenham: FGR – 3,702 & Cheltenham - 3,334.
Still hasn't worked out how home/away attendances work either. Or averages for that matter.
King giraffe iii
You actually think he has the capacity to work it out?

His post about FGR not having been relegated fails to point out we twice won the AGM Cup. But that was whilst he was one of yours.
little mo
Just read what that idiot has written about CTFC, and he has the nerve to still come and stand in the Speedy Skips stand at WR , stay away twat, we will survive without your cash. :evil: :evil:
Ralph
Here is one gem from Old Turn Coat

"However the educational and written standard within the FGR forum greatly surpasses that on Robin’s Nest."

:lol:
theidlerich
Love it - us CTFC fans shouldn't get too uppity against OTC - remember he enjoys his footy as we all do - just sadly supports the wrong [or different]club!. Personally I would rather see all fans mixed; the banter would be great; if infantile at times; - as my one appearance @ Glos Rugby [never again], but numerous @ Glos CCC - is enjoyable. He is also a valued member of our own prediction league; which of course many posters on here aren't!
King giraffe iii
theidlerich wrote:Love it - us CTFC fans shouldn't get too uppity against OTC - remember he enjoys his footy as we all do - just sadly supports the wrong [or different]club!. Personally I would rather see all fans mixed; the banter would be great; if infantile at times; - as my one appearance @ Glos Rugby [never again], but numerous @ Glos CCC - is enjoyable. He is also a valued member of our own prediction league; which of course many posters on here aren't!
He was one of your fans for quite a while.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:
theidlerich wrote:Love it - us CTFC fans shouldn't get too uppity against OTC - remember he enjoys his footy as we all do - just sadly supports the wrong [or different]club!. Personally I would rather see all fans mixed; the banter would be great; if infantile at times; - as my one appearance @ Glos Rugby [never again], but numerous @ Glos CCC - is enjoyable. He is also a valued member of our own prediction league; which of course many posters on here aren't!
He was one of your fans for quite a while.
Lured by the franchise money of Vince. New club, new fans.
King giraffe iii
What amazed me was how quick FGR Supporters Club were content to let a dirty Judas take over. Says something.
vickeryc
With score predictions, most fans are usually ludicrously optimistic. Although some of FGR's lot fall into that category, a significant proportion seem to be fearing the worst.
confused.com
Has somebody called the BBC? Local news last night had our average attendance higher than FGR. They should have contacted tom cat
The Old TomCat
Okay I waited until passions have cooled to add my bit to thread.
Firstly I will say my post was nothing more than GAMESMANSHIP on the FGR forum and was great fun.
Your RCS is so predictable that I knew it would be quick fast before he alerted those on the Robin’s Nest. He did not let me down and if you check out his post the coward has nothing to say – he stood back and lets others fire the bullets.
One of the reasons I posted was because a few days ago I wrote a friendly and helpful post on the Robin’s Nest and predictably RCS took umbrage. I agree I should have let it pass and not responded. Lesson learnt on my part.
The other and main reason for my post and this is one I know most on the Robin’s Nest agree with, is that RCS and Ralph are completely and utterly obsessed with FGR. There are more separate threads on FGR than on any other team – indeed I have the honour of having TWO separate threads to myself!!!!!
You guys should tell these tiresome two to ignore FGR and just write about Cheltenham. They seem to spend more time checking the Stroud media than that of Cheltenham. Very sad.

What is significant with the responses is that, although they might be upset nobody [NOBODY] disagreed with my fair, accurate and truthful assessment. And unlike RCS & Ralph and a few others who regularly slag off FGR I did not slag off Cheltenham – what I did was give a FGR positive spin to my post, which to remind everybody was on the FGR Forum.

Here I will digress slightly and say that I have many Cheltenham supporting friends. I once asked them why they did not write on the Robin’s Nest and they said the regular posters are very aggressive to those who offer an alternate opinion.
One friend only wrote once and was soundly berated that he promised never to write again.
On Saturday I met another good friend who was a regular on The Robin’s Nest but had been hounded off.
You guys need to be able to accept alternative opinions in a low key and friendly manner.

Anyway to answer those who took time to write I will say following:

ASL
Interesting you did not disagree with me that Cheltenham are regular relegation dodgers. I accept what Skunkman has written about FGR is the distant past.

Sprout Picker
I know attendances are a very touchy subject at WR. Cheltenham are a town club and should have bigger support. The Village Club are perhaps doing better than expected but the attendance figures are there for you to check out.

Little Mo
I respect your opinion to call me an idiot but by same token I say same to you after reading your post.
BTW are you a CTFC official who can ban me from WR or just a self appointed (to use your same expression) twat.

Ralph
I’m pleased that you highlighted the excellent standard of posts in the FGR forum. And in truth it is better than nearly every other football forum in the country.
I refer you to match report at 4th post on page 6 of FGR v Cheltenham debate. Nobody, but nobody, writes better reports.

Vickeryc
My predicta post on FGR forum:
FGR 1-1 Cheltenham

Just two perfect forecasts for game by Skunkman & RichE and four others with correct result.
There were 20 of us believing of a home win and 10 suspecting the worst with an away win.

Just as a bit of interest the Cheltenham guys had better predictions: 5 selected draws of which 3 were perfect 1-1 forecasts.
Four had an away and just one [me] had it has a home win. However I did forecast both goalscorers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My first post was praising your sporting posts which I enjoyed reading, so unsure why you chose to abuse in this thread!
King giraffe iii
Wow, OTC, you predicted both goalscorers. The odds must have been slightly shorter than those for it being dark at night.