Arrogant, rude, crass, disrespectful, liar, nouveau riche

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
i'm not going back there.
nitram82
I have a couple of points to make about the 'having a party when Johnson dies' debacle.

Firstly, we're no angels ourselves in this department as we sang the same song about Martin Allen in the game against Gillingham in 2013. We sang it damn near the whole game in the c&g, so I think it's slightly hypocritical to look down on them too much on this one. They're new to the football league and are trying to big it up, probably saw it on YouTube and thought it would be a laugh.

Secondly, to suggest it wouldn't affect GJ is impossible. I believe we beat Gillingham that day in part due to the sheer abuse our fans were dishing out to Martin Allen (which in no way I condemn) got to Martin Allen and his players. You could see it was affecting them all. I must admit to having a guilty pleasure in the memory of that day.

Here, imagine if Allen was in charge of fgr! Imagine some of the songs coming from our end if that happened? Lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Didn't know we sang that at Gillingham. I condemn that as well.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Didn't know we sang that at Gillingham. I condemn that as well.

TBH they could be singing in the speedy skips and you wouldn't hear / make, it out
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Didn't know we sang that at Gillingham. I condemn that as well.

TBH they could be singing in the speedy skips and you wouldn't hear / make, it out
True, for all I know the C&G could be a hotbed of terror and part of the axis of evil.
confused.com
fully expect to see a drone circling over pittville
Chris FGR
Going by your previous argument, would you not say that Paul Baker should publicly apologise for those chants, and not doing it would mean that the club condoned them?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
Going by your previous argument, would you not say that Paul Baker should publicly apologise for those chants, and not doing it would mean that the club condoned them?
Correct as you can infer from my condemnation.
King giraffe iii
Ben2 wrote:I won’t ever go again. I’m boycotting their tin pot club

(And I haven’t thawed out yet)
Yes you will. You'll come back. Give it 12 months and all will be forgotten. My wife had a 55 hour labour, emergency c-section, post-surgery haemorrhage, PTSD and said never again. Two years later...
ThelmaChen
King giraffe iii wrote:

Yes you will. You'll come back. Give it 12 months and all will be forgotten. My wife had a 55 hour labour, emergency c-section, post-surgery haemorrhage, PTSD and said never again. Two years later...

Yes, but I bet she never had to stand in your West stand for 2 hours.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:

Us soft urban types who are used to plumbed water have devices to stop such things recurring. Let us know if you want us to introduce them to the Stroud Valley.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

Us soft urban types who are used to plumbed water have devices to stop such things recurring. Let us know if you want us to introduce them to the Stroud Valley.
I've got a GL51 postcode.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Apols.