League 2 What do you think if it so far?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Oldun
We have played all but three of the sides in League 2 and I am wondering what people think about the standard in general and also if it is a more condensed league than previously?
I have the impression that Notts Co. and Luton apart there is not a lot to choose between all the rest. Am I right in thinking that we have only seen two or three poor sides here. (Crawley, Mansfield and possibly Cambridge) and most of the rest have been around the same level. The teams featuring in the "Relegation" thread refuse to lie down; see Crawley and Morecombe today. and some of the higher placed and more fancied sides, e.g. Swindon, Coventry, Exeter, do not get away from the rest of the pack.
I think the standard overall is better than last season and vastly improved compared to our relegation season.
All that leads me to believe that a good January player haul from any one or two sides can propel them upwards towards at least the play offs.
What do you think?
Is the league improved?
Is it more condensed?
Can Cheltenham, with a good January and a few injuries returnees still make an impact?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pretty poor and not worth £21 in all honesty. But enjoyable seeing Gary building a team and exciting prospects like Mo. Doing our best to be positive and playing the right way in pursuit of promotion is what makes football enjoyable for me.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 25 Nov 2017, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
CTFC03
I disagree on Mansfield, I thought they were very good against us until they went 2-0 down then they folded, we played extremely well that day and that level of performance most weeks will see us win the points. Standard is definitely a lot better this season I feel, haven't been to all of the games so can't comment on all of the teams we have faced, Cambridge looked poor but have 2 good strikers which will see them away from the relegation battle, I thought Exeter were poor against us too, we were awful that day and had Jon Flatt in goal so can't expect to get anything, Grimsby look handy, again if we'd have hit the performance of Mansfield against them we would have won and even though we weren't great we almost snuck a point.

I really think a few tweeks in January would see us push up towards the play offs the problem is I think we need too much.
Shade
If we had Forster fit and in for Grimes, and a striker that stuck the majority of chances away, such as a Doidge, then we'd be solidly in the play-off spots.
horlickfanclub
Moore for Grimes is a quicker option.
Shade
True, but who plays at right back? And let's not forget, even though I'm sure we all wish we could, Moore's Maidstone meltdown...hardly a perfect replacement. Winchester again?
horlickfanclub
Winchester. When Davey comes back he is an option. Three clean sheets at Torquay since he joined.
confused.com
I think that anyone who has beaten or drawn with us have been very lucky! Not sure how we have managed to drop points, but I know it's the players faults!!! We have the best backroom squad in the league, who opertae without fault. So fully expect us to take the second half of the season by storm
Shade
Think I'm missing the point of your post, confused.