Absolutely vile

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

CS85
Vile scenes today at fgr. Ctfc fans foaming at the mouth to rip fgr fans apart,fgr fans getting stamped on.something needs to be done.
Malabus
After getting on the coach to return the police were concentrating on the housing estate where the old ground used to be, some guy laying on the floor.
confused.com
Always morons where ever you go and this forum should not be adding fuel to the fire in the build up IMHO
Alf
confused.com wrote:Always morons where ever you go and this forum should not be adding fuel to the fire in the build up IMHO
Totally agree.
King giraffe iii
Alf wrote:
confused.com wrote:Always morons where ever you go and this forum should not be adding fuel to the fire in the build up IMHO
Totally agree.
Ultimately, it's just a game of football and nobody deserves to be hurt because of it. I've mentioned before, there was no real rivalry in the past; all of the 'f#!$ Forest Green' stuff seems to have caught the imagination of some people who take it too far.
Robin
I must admit I was absolutely baffled today because there is zero history or bad feeling between us, we have games where there is an edge and the fans don't mix but FGR has never been like that. In fact all the FGR fans I saw were very friendly and welcoming, it's still very much a non-league type club with little atmosphere on the terraces and a largely elderly fan base.
ctfc-fan
According to the police it wasn't as bad as is being mentioned and no arrests were made and the injured police officer rolled his ankle and wasn't injured by anyone else.

I wasn't there so can't comment.
Shade
As I said in another thread, the songs about the joy they'll take from the death of Gary Johnson from FGR fans behind the goal, and telling him to smoke a cigar, don't exactly lend to the friendly feeling between the clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:According to the police it wasn't as bad as is being mentioned and no arrests were made and the injured police officer rolled his ankle and wasn't injured by anyone else.

I wasn't there so can't comment.
No reason to disbelieve the police in this instance. Sounds like nothing but a few drunks who didn't even do anything to warrant arrest.

The FGR fans baiting Gary over his heart attack and wishing he was dead is the most disturbing thing about these incidents. Like owner like fan. You get classless owners like Vince and you get classless fans singing about managers dying. I doubt this thread or any perceived/invented rivalry would exist if not for Vince's attitude, comments and slander about CTFC.
Chris FGR
Tbh all I, most FGR and I imagine most Cheltenham fans want is to go to a game, sink a few pints, have a bit of banter and support their side. Don't have a problem with Cheltenham at all, know a fair number and they're all decent as are most FGR fans.

Those minority of immature f#!$ who embarrassed their clubs yesterday can FRO. They aren't proper fans, just bandwagon jumping mongs pretending to be hard. This isn't what FGR v Cheltenham has ever been about.

Gary Johnson is a quality manager, lots of respect for the bloke and I'm glad he's fit and well, as are the vast majority of FGR fans.