Embarrassing

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pathetic really. An amateur shambles. They really have no idea about league football. They are playing with fire and will get burned before too long.
Benctfc
As I have said before when they come here later in the season we should make it just as awful for them. Give them the minimum allocation of tickets we can and put on the least amount of facilities we have to.

The ground is barely fit for the conference never mind league 2.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:As I have said before when they come here later in the season we should make it just as awful for them. Give them the minimum allocation of tickets we can and put on the least amount of facilities we have to.

No need to sink to their depths. Just treat them as normal fans in the normal decent manner we always treat fans.

They might learn a thing or two, but even if not there is no need to start tit for tat or get involved in pathetic antics. We are Cheltenham and we have more class than that.
King giraffe iii
Ben2 wrote:You know when you go to your kids Xmas play and some kid gets up and does a solo, on the ukelele or some such, and you just feel really embarrassed? You can tell yourself ‘this is nothing to do with me’ but the feeling of acute embarrassment remains?

Forest green yesterday. Where do I begin?

Thrown out of the green man for having a laugh with one of their ‘fans’, someone else ‘grassed’ on us away fans so a steward threw us out. Into the away (CTFC) bar/tent!

From there went into the home end where, again someone told a steward we were in the wrong area to which she replied - ‘they’re ok, I can’t throw them all out’. So the complainer moved and we chatted and bantered with Gloucester city fans and FGR fans who were very nice and welcoming.

At the end there was a ‘segregation’ Line of stewards keeping the two FGR stands apart, so if you wanted to fight your own fans you’d have to walk an extra 8 yards.

I don’t want to be disrespectful but how are they allowed in the league? Could they not go on a course or something to learn how to run events properly?
Unfortunately, your visit coincided with the obligatory show of misguided force by police and stewards after they fouled up so badly when Crewe came to town the other week.

Unfortunately, our stewards are either OTT or totally useless. That half of them seem to be 16 year old girls and boys doesn't help.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Benctfc wrote:As I have said before when they come here later in the season we should make it just as awful for them. Give them the minimum allocation of tickets we can and put on the least amount of facilities we have to.

No need to sink to their depths. Just treat them as normal fans in the normal decent manner we always treat fans.
Exactly. Why should FGR fans be punished for their chairman's pettiness? We should extend them every courtesy when they visit Whaddon Road.
Jerry St Clair
King giraffe iii wrote: Unfortunately, our stewards are either OTT or totally useless. That half of them seem to be 16 year old girls and boys doesn't help.
Indeed. Cheltenham are probably about the most sedate bunch of fans you could find. I fear that if FGR treat Port Vale, Luton, Notts County and Coventry fans the same way they will be on the receiving end of some bother. Crewe gave Dale a little warning about the trouble his petty, small-minded attitude to away fans might cause and he'd be wise to rethink.

The solution is simple: relocate away fans to the North terrace and give them a block of 50 seats in the main stand. No-one would complain about that.
ctfc-fan
Did CTFC officially get any seats yesterday? What about the fact they have to give xx amount by FA rules?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Did CTFC officially get any seats yesterday? What about the fact they have to give xx amount by FA rules?
No. Disabled fans had to contact FGR who would try and accommodate them but no seats offered elsewhere.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:Did CTFC officially get any seats yesterday? What about the fact they have to give xx amount by FA rules?
No. Disabled fans had to contact FGR who would try and accommodate them but no seats offered elsewhere.
Without even attempting or wanting to condone any anti social behaviour, which has no place in any part of society. You do have to wonder that if you treat people like cattle. You do play some part in that mentality and herd instinct ?
BenhallRobin
I've been travelling away with Cheltenham for over 20 years, many on here would far exceed this. The experience was dreadful, from the stewards, to the facilities it was all below par. I certainly do not condone anything which may have gone on before or after the football, but from what I can gather it was no more than verbal exchanges. You do wonder had we been treated in a more respected manner whether there would have been fewer issues. Essentially the traveling support were largely dissatisfied with their treatment and it created the potential for a reaction.

Some of the chants from the home end were distasteful, particularly regarding having a party when Gary Johnson dies. Like many I use to have fond feeling to FGR, I have previously followed them on some of their bigger fixtures, when we were without a game. I don’t think that will be happening again. It’s a real shame that we could not make our clear superiority on the pitch count for all three points.
Malabus
Anyone shocked about the fire exit. 985 fans leaving by one door after game may have just worked, but in an emergency may have had a different outcome.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Anyone shocked about the fire exit. 985 fans leaving by one door after game may have just worked, but in an emergency may have had a different outcome.
Sounds life threateningly bad.
Mike1953
As has already been inferred, it is up to us to treat FGR fans with respect, courtesy and friendship. It the responsibility of the club to provide visiting fans with enough safe and comfortable viewing space with decent facilities like toilets and refreshment points. CTFC can be proud that it routinely fulfils these basic needs and if necessary secure access to coaches. But our club has had longer to get it right.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And FGR have the money to do it right.
confused.com
Zzzzzzzz
Has to be said Harry's squeeze is pretty hot!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Zzzzzzzz
Has to be said Harry's squeeze is pretty hot!
Strategic wedding - British brand will be high in America now which will be good for the Royals as a new income source once their EU common agriculture policy gravy tap is switched off.

If only like the olden days and Harry could be made King of UK and would assume dominion over the USA.

As much as I am against the Royal Family in its current guise of the nation's biggest welfare claimants spending our taxes on jets and mansions for people about as close to the throne as you and I, I would thoroughly support a Royal claim to relinquish control from Trump!

In fact, Trump's tweets and press conferences are reminiscent of Vince and the FGR forum.
confused.com
You old romantic lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:You old romantic lol
As a scholar of 16th and 17th Century European history I loved the strategic marriage foreign policy....."Darling, we really can't afford to continue this war with Kingdom X, you have to marry a prince/princess to end it and unite us as one nation".

Maybe Malabus could marry Vince to end the bitter Battle of the Hill and unite into one force to crush Gloucester.
confused.com
Think he may rather adopt the hot poker option
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Think he may rather adopt the hot poker option
The long haired vegan spiritual eco racist, or the the long haired vegan spiritual eco hippy?
confused.com
Perm any one from two
BenhallRobin
Anyway, we move on.

What we did see on Saturday is their football team is actually not very good at all and they could be in for a real struggle despite the recent upturn in results.
paperboy
BenhallRobin wrote:Anyway, we move on.

What we did see on Saturday is their football team is actually not very good at all and they could be in for a real struggle despite the recent upturn in results.
Another thing we learnt on Saturday is that if we finish below FGR in the league we will be relegated.
..unless they splash even more cash in January I suppose.
Robin
In my view Yeovil, Crawley and Morecambe are worse than FGR, I don't believe they will go down and will obviously spend money in January.
longtimerobin
Being unable to walk far or stand for long periods I had to apply for disable tickets. After an unnecessary amount of time and phone calls we were placed in the far corner of the east stand front row. About ten of us were sat there, just yards from the pitch. Considering we might not be in the best of health or movement is not to good being so close to the action may prove to be dangerous to ourselves and players alike, good job it didn't rain as well or we would of got soaked. I could see about 50 empty seats in our corner why were they not offered to older Cheltenham fans as well.
horlickfanclub
The same applies at our ground.The least mobile sit pitchside and get soaked if a westerly squall blows .
asl
Oh, hush, horlick... Don't you know CTFC are a professional club with an amazing ground, with gentlefolk for fans and staff? Comparisons like that to those amateur bunch of foul-mouthed ruffians who play at their run-down, non-league facilities are unhelpful and will result in a ban if they continue.
horlickfanclub
Haha
Robin
At least with our ground we have made improvements and you would hope will have a large enough away end and better disabled facilities once the new main stand if built.
asl
And those non-leaguers, of course, have no such plans. Apart from an entirely new stadium, of course.