Arrogant, rude, crass, disrespectful, liar, nouveau riche

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just some of the adjectives which apply to Dale Vince's attitude to football and football fans, and complete antonyms of how one would describe Paul Baker.

Gloucestershire is a county with a long proud history of honourable monarchy, religion, free spirit, trade, farming and a calm understated sense of being somewhere unique and special, from the Cloud of Cleeve, to the Docks of Gloucester, the Parisien boulevards of Cheltenham, the wonder of the Forest and the stone and pasture of the timeless countryside.

Dale Vince's bastardised FGR is the antithesis of this proud history. A victory for Cheltenham Town would not just mean a triumph for football and football fans, but also the preservation of the fabric and history of Gloucestershire and all it stands for.
Christopher Robin
Is it possible to 'like' posts?
theidlerich
Also applies to those who support the Tories and members of the Tory party; and I suspect a fairly high percentage that voted Brexit!
but not Swansea supporters; at least the last adjective wouldn't apply....
confused.com
theidlerich wrote:Also applies to those who support the Tories and members of the Tory party; and I suspect a fairly high percentage that voted Brexit!
LMAO. Bitter twisted loser just a few words to describe Mugabe and those that don't understand the concept of voting. Maybe you should have voted then!
If you did and lost hard lock and suck it up.
If you didn't you got what you deserved
confused.com
Haven't seen to many idle rich in the CF. If they are it must be their dress down day!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:Also applies to those who support the Tories and members of the Tory party; and I suspect a fairly high percentage that voted Brexit!
This is a post about football and its ethos and way of life, not politics.
mozzo
Dale Vincent is the only reason I dislike Forest Green. I like Dale follow a plant based cruelty free lifestyle but I have no respect for this narcissistic, arrogant, egotistical k##b. We all know his dictatorship will eventually end in tears for their long time supporters as football club sustainability is cultivated through time and tradition not money and egos.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just some of the adjectives which apply to Dale Vince's attitude to football and football fans, and complete antonyms of how one would describe Paul Baker.

Gloucestershire is a county with a long proud history of honourable monarchy, religion, free spirit, trade, farming and a calm understated sense of being somewhere unique and special, from the Cloud of Cleeve, to the Docks of Gloucester, the Parisien boulevards of Cheltenham, the wonder of the Forest and the stone and pasture of the timeless countryside.

Dale Vince's bastardised FGR is the antithesis of this proud history. A victory for Cheltenham Town would not just mean a triumph for football and football fans, but also the preservation of the fabric and history of Gloucestershire and all it stands for.
You worked for This England or Evergreen? Lol! That's somewhat idealised as a walk through Whaddon, Tuffley, Hesters or that estate in Cinderford would attest. Don't forget the siege of Gloucester, the roasting of Bishop Hooper etc. Sure, the landscape is great, but the social side of things is as mixed as anywhere else. Religion is just a method of control and some farmers out there ain't particularly pleasant. As for the parasitical monarchy...

In all seriousness, I'm no fan of DV but don't forget that some of us have been around FGR much longer than he has. Our history goes back to 1890 and it was an achievement for us to be at National League level prior to this season. As much as I have strong worries for the future of FGR (especially with the prospect of FGR becoming tenants and seven miles from home) a win over FGR tomorrow won't achieve anything more than three points. It won't affect what DV does or says. I just wish there were more FGR fans making it clear that he can't be allowed to potentially sell our future.
joes dad
You really need to get your head out of the Guardian Bubble
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
mozzo wrote:Dale Vincent is the only reason I dislike Forest Green. I like Dale follow a plant based cruelty free lifestyle but I have no respect for this narcissistic, arrogant, egotistical k##b. We all know his dictatorship will eventually end in tears for their long time supporters as football club sustainability is cultivated through time and tradition not money and egos.
Exactly, I am an Ecotricity customer, non-meat eater and supported Vince's (successful) candidate in the General Election.

Outside of football I might possibly get on with him. But as long as he keeps up his antics at FGR like he does I have no time for that (more of a gimmick than a) club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just some of the adjectives which apply to Dale Vince's attitude to football and football fans, and complete antonyms of how one would describe Paul Baker.

You worked for This England or Evergreen? Lol! That's somewhat idealised as a walk through Whaddon, Tuffley, Hesters or that estate in Cinderford would attest. Don't forget the siege of Gloucester, the roasting of Bishop Hooper etc. Sure, the landscape is great, but the social side of things is as mixed as anywhere else. Religion is just a method of control and some farmers out there ain't particularly pleasant. As for the parasitical monarchy...

In all seriousness, I'm no fan of DV but don't forget that some of us have been around FGR much longer than he has. Our history goes back to 1890 and it was an achievement for us to be at National League level prior to this season. As much as I have strong worries for the future of FGR (especially with the prospect of FGR becoming tenants and seven miles from home) a win over FGR tomorrow won't achieve anything more than three points. It won't affect what DV does or says. I just wish there were more FGR fans making it clear that he can't be allowed to potentially sell our future.
A true principled Shireman would not give a penny to the FGR charade - except for a one off to support his opponents like CTFC followers will do tomorrow. The fact you say you were there before DV and are no fan of his yet contribute thousands of pounds to propping up his farce means you are complicit in it all. If it goes belly up, you deserve more blame than sympathy. True fans would have started a boycott years ago. CTFC would never have let Vince franchise the our club like he has the green and black side in Nympsfield.

(Plus I am a republican atheist myself - but the historic importance of the great institutions of the County through Roman, Tudor and Victorian times cannot be denied. And with Gloucester Diocese being the first to appoint a woman as Bishop, the proud legacy of progress and UK leader lives on, for example).
mozzo
Forest green's treatment of away fans says all you need to know about the Vincent franchise. He wouldn't treat animals the same way he treats football fans. PETA people for the ethical treatment of Alexandra should be formed immediat
Malabus
Cheltenham promenade is not Parisian.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Cheltenham promenade is not Parisian.
Whenever I bring friends to Chelt for the first time and do the route from Bath Road to Boots Corner through the Suffolks and Montpellier I always play a game to myself of predicting at what point they say it is like being in France. Winner was just this September past, they said it at some point between the Jolly Brew and Roylans Cycles.

My London mates usually the worst, just the colour and style of the residential streets was so alien to them.
Malabus
I stopped reading (and believing) when you stated “London mates”.
Ralph
mozzo wrote:. We all know his dictatorship will eventually end in tears for their long time supporters as football club sustainability is cultivated through time and tradition not money and egos.
and i'm excited for that day :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I stopped reading (and believing) when you stated “London mates”.
Why? I spent seven years in London studying and working. It used to be reflected in my LondonRobin moniker on this forum back then.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

A true principled Shireman would not give a penny to the FGR charade - except for a one off to support his opponents like CTFC followers will do tomorrow. The fact you say you were there before DV and are no fan of his yet contribute thousands of pounds to propping up his farce means you are complicit in it all. If it goes belly up, you deserve more blame than sympathy. True fans would have started a boycott years ago. CTFC would never have let Vince franchise the our club like he has the green and black side in Nympsfield.

(Plus I am a republican atheist myself - but the historic importance of the great institutions of the County through Roman, Tudor and Victorian times cannot be denied. And with Gloucester Diocese being the first to appoint a woman as Bishop, the proud legacy of progress and UK leader lives on, for example).
Good for being a republican atheist! What I will say about the church is they had wonderful architects. As for Gloucestershire, beyond the scenery I don't feel any sense of being a Shireman. Should I? My life and art take me to places that hold just as much inspiration for me: Wiltshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire and Hampshire. They're part of my world and just as much my home as Gloucestershire. Anyhow..

Nympsfield??? FGR play in Forest Green. The location where they are used to be part of Highwood School's playing field in Forest Green. The Nympsfield comment is like me accusing your team of playing in Winchcombe if they relocated to the site of the crematorium. Lol!

With regard to DV, there is a context issue which seems to have gone amiss. DV was invited to buy into FGR by the previous regime because they had done a Weymouth and pissed money up the wall on The New Lawn. Without him, FGR almost certainly wouldn't exist anymore. Administration was a highly likely possibility.

All I'm complicit in is wanting to see football continue under the name FGR in Forest Green. There was no alternative to DV at the time and there seems to be no alternative at present. At the same time, the majority of the FGR support seems blissfully unaware that the club faces losing its biggest asset - its ownership of the ground. Also, what contingency plans are there in place if DV gets ill, dies or his very expensive electricity company goes out of business? f#!$ all, from what I can see! That concerns me. Immensely.

Bottom line is I have more of a voice by attending matches and making my views known than staying away, nobody giving a damn and being seen as a bitter old timer who stays away.

Saturday... It is a game of football. Not a battle between good and evil or little to do with social fabric. Just two football clubs. One of which has fans who seem to forget where they came from, the other having no idea of where they came from!

Chill.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Decent from Paul Baker here: http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... ker-810661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Humble and dignified and respectful.

Let us hope Vince doesn't embarrass himself by snubbing or insulting Mr Baker.
King giraffe iii
Yeah, good interview. I expect DV was all smiles.
Shade
What on earth were the two seaparate chants, sung at least three times behind the goal, about having a party when Gary Johnson dies all about? Disgusting.
King giraffe iii
Shade wrote:What on earth were the two seaparate chants, sung at least three times behind the goal, about having a party when Gary Johnson dies all about? Disgusting.
Not sure, I missed those. Heard something about a dead cat. I was too engrossed by the antics of the fifteen year olds in the corner closest to us.
Malabus
Dale Vince is moving the football club in the right direction. His move for a more greener and ethical club is finely done. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Dale Vince is moving the football club in the right direction. His move for a more greener and ethical club is finely done. Just my opinion.

I agree with that and used to like him and FGR for that reason.

However, the same reason your commendable environmental stance doesn't mean I condone your racism, homophobia and sexism just because I support Vince's environmental as socio-economic views doesn't mean I can't despise his attitude as described above.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:Dale Vince is moving the football club in the right direction. His move for a more greener and ethical club is finely done. Just my opinion.

I agree with that and used to like him and FGR for that reason.

However, the same reason your commendable environmental stance doesn't mean I condone your racism, homophobia and sexism just because I support Vince's environmental as socio-economic views doesn't mean I can't despise his attitude as described above.
Nonce.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Waiting for Vince to apologise for and condemn the chants about Gary Johnson. Let's see if he has the class and decency to do so.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Waiting for Vince to apologise for and condemn the chants about Gary Johnson. Let's see if he has the class and decency to do so.
Since when do owners come out and apologise for chants?

The club has a media/PR team and after any investigations are over I'm sure some sort of statement saying something about the club not condoning this sort of thing will be issued if deemed appropriate/necessary.

Chants were poor but small minority and I'm sure GJ will have had worse in the past and won't take it literally.
confused.com
Chris FGR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Waiting for Vince to apologise for and condemn the chants about Gary Johnson. Let's see if he has the class and decency to do so.

The club has a media/PR team and after any investigations are over I'm sure some sort of statement saying something about the club not condoning this sort of thing will be issued if deemed appropriate/necessary.

Chants were poor but small minority and I'm sure GJ will have had worse in the past and won't take it literally.
wasn't there so no idea of the frequency of the chants metioned or the number taking part> In saying that, this is the most ridculous comment ever! Can't see how it can possibly matter that he may have heard worse ? How does that lessen the content or behaviour? The fact no right thinking person would not take it literally, is somewhat of a kop out from you, Does this mean anything can be said to anyone, because they should not take it literally.

Would have more respect for you if you just came out and said it was wrong, instead of attempting to put a 'but' after it. What a moron !!! But you know I dont mean that literally
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:

Owners don't generally comment on chants and I am not sure they ever need to. The only example I can think of is the powers that be at Liverpool and Man U speaking out against chants celebrating and mocking the deaths at Hillsborough and Munich.

I think chants celebrating a manager having a heart attack and hoping he dies are unprecedented which is why extraordinary action by the owners should be taken.

I like to think what on earth chants you think could be worse than that. His heart op was only this year so cannot imagine fans have been singing about celebrating if he dies from heart trouble in the past, and can't think what he could have heard which is worse than that.
Chris FGR
confused.com wrote:
Chris FGR wrote:

wasn't there so no idea of the frequency of the chants metioned or the number taking part> In saying that, this is the most ridculous comment ever! Can't see how it can possibly matter that he may have heard worse ? How does that lessen the content or behaviour? The fact no right thinking person would not take it literally, is somewhat of a kop out from you, Does this mean anything can be said to anyone, because they should not take it literally.

Would have more respect for you if you just came out and said it was wrong, instead of attempting to put a 'but' after it. What a moron !!! But you know I dont mean that literally
Don't be a prick mate, I said the chants were poor and the vast majority of FGR fans had nothing to do with them. And don't be so sensitive, they're just a few idiots making a noise. Ignore them and they won't bother, acting all shocked and outraged just escalates things and will lead to more of the same next time cos they want to wind you up and know that will work. Pretty sure GJ didn't care, he knows no proper FGR fan or employee condones it.

I'm sure he'll get an apology if deemed appropriate, not that it makes much difference given it won't be from the people who did it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How can Gary or CTFC fans know it is not condoned if no statement is made to condemn it?

Calling Confused.com a prick for asking why you are trying to play down and excuse chants about a football manager dying is exactly the type of behaviour the OP and subject of this thread refers to.

If Vince or the Club had come out and apologised and condemned we wouldn't have been having this discussion. Instead their silence could be seen as tacit condoning or acceptance.

Until they do the debate will run and run which as you say is not good for or welcomed by anyone.
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How can Gary or CTFC fans know it is not condoned if no statement is made to condemn it?

Calling Confused.com a prick for asking why you are trying to play down and excuse chants about a football manager dying is exactly the type of behaviour the OP and subject of this thread refers to.

If Vince or the Club had come out and apologised and condemned we wouldn't have been having this discussion. Instead their silence could be seen as tacit condoning or acceptance.

Until they do the debate will run and run which as you say is not good for or welcomed by anyone.
You are a bore.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:How can Gary or CTFC fans know it is not condoned if no statement is made to condemn it?

Maybe we will get corner flags with GJ's face on them to replace the rainbows that appeared yesterday.

I don't get the GJ hate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:

Maybe we will get corner flags with GJ's face on them to replace the rainbows that appeared yesterday.

I don't get the GJ hate.
Neither do I. Fuelled by Vince/Pennock/Cooper for some reason.
triggo
Changing the subject slightly.
As we were given the marvellous view from the side terrace - I hadn.t noticed the poor state of the playing surface.
Being the ' stadium ' was only created fairly recently, did the groundsman have one leg shorter than the other.
The slope off to side lines reminded me somewhat of Hilldene Athletic ... a joke of a ground in the NGL.
Not sure it was fit for League football. The surface didn't look great either !