George Lloyd

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
Good to see one of the Youth team getting a contract.
Shade
Yep, and it's obvious how well he's thought of as when was the last time we signed a youth player to a contract mid-season or for longer than a year?

Other clubs scouts must have been sniffing around to stir us into action and to tie him to us for 2 and a half years.
Malabus
Any sign of a cash offer and he will be sold. Same old.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Malabus
Shade wrote:Yep, and it's obvious how well he's thought of as when was the last time we signed a youth player to a contract mid-season or for longer than a year?

Other clubs scouts must have been sniffing around to stir us into action and to tie him to us for 2 and a half years.
Doesn't matter if other clubs are interested he's under 24.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Shade
Of course it matters. The longer he's tied to us the stronger our bargaining stance. If he wasn't on a contract he could just leave and go where he wants and we'd have to accept whatever a tribunal gave us, but the club at least has a say in things now.
everyman
Shade wrote:Of course it matters. The longer he's tied to us the stronger our bargaining stance. If he wasn't on a contract he could just leave and go where he wants and we'd have to accept whatever a tribunal gave us, but the club at least has a say in things now.
I wonder what Luke Thomas cost Derby so far including his recent 1st.team deb.
longmover
Any danger of him being played in the 1st team rather than just loaned out till obscurity beckons
Shade
GJ says he will get his debut at some stage and he'll be in and around the first team, so doesn't sound like he's going out on loan.