PB blanked in FGR board room

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:I fail to take anyone seriously when they can't spell someone's name right, even though their name is in the quoted post.
:lol:

Though by now you should be aware that the process of reading factual information and then repeating that information correctly and accurately is a process beyond the ability of OTC.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:For clarification: Cheltenham Town WERE on the verge of signing Elliott Frear from Forest Green Rovers, 100 per cent.
Your post John must be read with a large dose of salt.
John you failed to consult with FGR throughout the Frear saga and therefore do not know the full facts.
When the Frear saga first started you, Mr Palmer, acted as a glory hunting tabloid journalist rather than a responsible local reporter.
You printed many reports without consulting your Citizen colleague at FGR for verification of facts. Sadly for him and solely because of you he, as the Citizen/Echo reporter, was put on the ‘naughty step’ despite having no input whatsoever in Frear story.
Throughout you failed the basic test of confirming what you wrote was true and accurate. FGR contacted your office requesting that you check facts with them before publication but you ignored that and instead wrote a load of bullshine.
John, it seems you acted in a naive fashion being led by the nose by Frear’s agent. And in truth you have done more than anybody to sour previous good relations between Cheltenham Town FC and FGR.
RCS and others read your reports as gospel but a lot of it, especially about FGR, is pure bullshine.
I’ll give you an example of your sub-standard reporting in that you wrote in big headlines that Cheltenham had been exonerated by FA in Frear sage when in actual fact the FA chose not to pursue an investigation. A subtle difference in wording but a massive difference in context. Cheltenham were not exonerated but the Frear file was closed.
There again did you deliberately write up that piece to cover your back because of the countless errors you wrote up in the whole Frear sage?
And there is your report that there was a large incident at end of the last ElGlosico match where two set of fans nearly had a set to, when in actual fact all what happened was a small shouting match. The real report should have been that a policeman broke his ankle while on duty at match – a report that you glossed over.

John, I know that you live and work in the Cheltenham area and are a fan of the club but your paper is called GLOUCESTERSHIRE LIFE not Cheltenhamshire Life. At start of season FGR gained equal status as an EFL2 club to CTFC and the fixtures were arranged that either club play at home on alternate weekends.
As the main sports reporter for the county newspaper you should have made it your duty to alternate personal reports from WR & TNL, rather than rely on second-hand FGR snippets from other newspapers.
Sadly for Gloucestershire Life a Cornwell based newspaper, Sports Independent, has better FGR coverage than your Gloucestershire newspaper. Business is going to them rather than your paper which might even adversely affect your job.
So think about it John, think seriously about it, Stroud and FGR are a large part of the community. Stop writing your anti-FGR spiffle.
so much BS in this post from Turn Coat.As RCS already pointed out, it was an FGR scribe that first reported the stuff after the CTFC and FGR game not JP. As for OTC knowing what goes on in the FGR boardroom between chairmen etc. That's all more BS from him. I could take apart more of his tirade but I can't be bothered and yes I read it all.
OTC you need to apologise to JP for your lies as today you crossed a line that is unacceptable. This looks like slander against JP and that will not be tolerated
little mo
It really is time to ban Old Brown Tongue, just a trouble maker.
London Exile
The Old TomCat wrote: Sadly for Gloucestershire Life a Cornwell based newspaper, Sports Independent, has better FGR coverage than your Gloucestershire newspaper. Business is going to them rather than your paper which might even adversely affect your job.
So think about it John, think seriously about it, Stroud and FGR are a large part of the community. Stop writing your anti-FGR spiffle.
Some amazing comments there OTC, so much to try and absorb but my one pressing question is where’s Cornwell?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote: Sadly for Gloucestershire Life a Cornwell based newspaper, Sports Independent, has better FGR coverage than your Gloucestershire newspaper. Business is going to them rather than your paper which might even adversely affect your job.
Some amazing comments there OTC, so much to try and absorb but my one pressing question is where’s Cornwell?
Just re-reading that threat: "might adversely affect your job...think about, think seriously about it."

Sounds like something you'd expect to hear Putin saying to a head of a Russian TV station during an election.
joes dad
London Exile wrote:
A little hamlet near Kingham
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:
London Exile wrote:
I assume by Gloucestershire Life he means the Gloucestershirelive.co.uk website and the Echo, not Cotswold Life. Though given CL probably don’t like Vince or new football stadia or new houses maybe OTC is getting his attacks in on them early!
Shade
Gloucestershire Life? John? WTF. Sorry, OTC, I've been a staying fairly quiet but you've lost the plot mate. You sound like an FGR version of North Korea, Vince is Kim Jon-Un and you're one of the brainwashed "citizens".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Gloucestershire Life? John? WTF. Sorry, OTC, I've been a staying fairly quiet but you've lost the plot mate. You sound like an FGR version of North Korea, Vince is Kim Jon-Un and you're one of the brainwashed "citizens".
The Robins Trust should make a T-shirt, with a silhouette of Dale Vince, small piece of salad hanging out his mouth cigar style, with the caption: Little Rocket Man
confused.com
OTC, one can't help but feel that novel, would have been better off being sent to the Echo. As it would seem that is where your issues abodes. As for banning you, I am voting no. Not enough hilarity in the world and I do feel we are doing Glos a favour allowing you to vent your anger on here instead of via an AK
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:OTC, one can't help but feel that novel, would have been better off being sent to the Echo. As it would seem that is where your issues abodes. As for banning you, I am voting no. Not enough hilarity in the world and I do feel we are doing Glos a favour allowing you to vent your anger on here instead of via an AK
Haha imagine OTC rampaging through the Golden Valley with an AK.
The Old TomCat
This has become a fun thread because I know that should the full story officially emerge then you guys would have to eat humble pie with your faces splattered with egg.
I posted a truthful statement from an impeccable source, so know I’m on solid ground.

However there is a serious side to the whole issue and that is Cheltenham Town FC need FGR more than FGR need Cheltenham Town FC. I’ll explain and hope that John Palmer gets round to reading it.

Bear in mind that the Echo/Citizen crashed with many made redundant and that John Palmer became the chief sports reporter for Gloucestershire in the new style paper.
That boardroom report that Palmer lifted from the Cheltenham match day programme was utterly anti-FGR. Nowhere did it offer FGR a right of reply which all other respectable newspapers would have done. Palmer should have held back from publishing it and contacted the FGR press room for a response. It would have actually made a better article.

Where John has to be careful is that many of the GloucestershireLife readership is from south of the county. His paymasters would not be impressed if he started losing them because of his perceived biased reporting. And if some complained to his bosses in Bristol saying they had stopped buying the paper John could well find himself made redundant.

Another issue that I previously mentioned which could adversely affect his job is John needs to spend more time at TNL. At the moment he writes nothing original about FGR but copies press releases.
His paymasters could look at that and ask why does the county need a dedicated sports editor when a less expensive sub-editor working in Bristol could do same for both Cheltenham Town FC and FGR.

John is a CTFC fan and almost acts as the club’s in-house reporter but he is not employed by Cheltenham. Should he not get his act together and get the bullet from the paper Cheltenham’s loss would be greater than FGRs.
FGR already have two different newspapers covering them. John’s reports are dismissed by those fans as biased and his loss would not be missed. The same could not be said about Cheltenham Town FC.
Basically John needs to start repairing the damage he has inflicted upon FGR and begin building bridges with that club for the benefit of everybody in Gloucestershire but especially for those of Cheltenham Town FC.

As I wrote earlier Cheltenham need FGR more than FGR need Cheltenham.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
You are still confusing Jon at the Echo and GloucestershireLive with John at Gloucestershire Life, whoever he is.

If you can get those basic facts right, people may pay more attention to whatever it is your latest diatribe contains.
little mo
The Old TomCat wrote:This has become a fun thread because I know that should the full story officially emerge then you guys would have to eat humble pie with your faces splattered with egg.
I posted a truthful statement from an impeccable source, so know I’m on solid ground.

However there is a serious side to the whole issue and that is Cheltenham Town FC need FGR more than FGR need Cheltenham Town FC. I’ll explain and hope that John Palmer gets round to reading it.

Bear in mind that the Echo/Citizen crashed with many made redundant and that John Palmer became the chief sports reporter for Gloucestershire in the new style paper.
That boardroom report that Palmer lifted from the Cheltenham match day programme was utterly anti-FGR. Nowhere did it offer FGR a right of reply which all other respectable newspapers would have done. Palmer should have held back from publishing it and contacted the FGR press room for a response. It would have actually made a better article.

Where John has to be careful is that many of the GloucestershireLife readership is from south of the county. His paymasters would not be impressed if he started losing them because of his perceived biased reporting. And if some complained to his bosses in Bristol saying they had stopped buying the paper John could well find himself made redundant.

Another issue that I previously mentioned which could adversely affect his job is John needs to spend more time at TNL. At the moment he writes nothing original about FGR but copies press releases.
His paymasters could look at that and ask why does the county need a dedicated sports editor when a less expensive sub-editor working in Bristol could do same for both Cheltenham Town FC and FGR.

John is a CTFC fan and almost acts as the club’s in-house reporter but he is not employed by Cheltenham. Should he not get his act together and get the bullet from the paper Cheltenham’s loss would be greater than FGRs.
FGR already have two different newspapers covering them. John’s reports are dismissed by those fans as biased and his loss would not be missed. The same could not be said about Cheltenham Town FC.
Basically John needs to start repairing the damage he has inflicted upon FGR and begin building bridges with that club for the benefit of everybody in Gloucestershire but especially for those of Cheltenham Town FC.

We do not need FGR for anything , f#!$ Forest Green.
Johnsons Red Army
Agree, f#!$ Forest Green!
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:This has become a fun thread because I know that should the full story officially emerge then you guys would have to eat humble pie with your faces splattered with egg.

What a load of bullshit as per usual and as we told you before, its JON not John. If you can't even get the name right, I'm sure most people just scroll down past your post as if you were not there.
We allow you to post on this forum Old Turn Coat unlike on the FGR forum where anything that is even the slightest non-complimentory is deleted.
You need to bear that in mind when you are here
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:RCS - again! - in the middle of the rambling diatribe, has OTC taken up the bet?
Complete blank on your bet. Ignored fully, disregarded and disrespected.

It is because, deep down, he knows he will lose the bet with no way of spinning it to argue a win.

OTC: will you or will you not take up Ben2 on his bet? Out with it man.
confused.com
OTC, on a flight so had time to read your latest. Then read it again. I may be missing something but what was the explanation for CTFC needing FGR as opposed to the contrary? If you could just give a very. Rief summary?
drgm
'As I wrote earlier Cheltenham need FGR more than FGR need Cheltenham'

Gave up reading at this point. Cheltenham were an established league club while Trevor Horsley was selling raffle tickets to keep FGR afloat. How
anyone can think that we need FGR is beyond my comprehension. Maybe OTC can explain.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OTC, a reminder of your two most important actions:

1. Accept or decline Ben2's £100 bet that FGR will not finish as high up as 11th-14th

2. Explain how CTFC need FGR
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:2. Explain how CTFC need FGR
Not sure about that - but you have to admit, having him here does help keep up your post-count...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:2. Explain how CTFC need FGR
Not sure about that - but you have to admit, having him here does help keep up your post-count...
Given how many people have lost the will to read his posts, I am proud to toftt.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: and credits a false report on ‘trouble’ after the FGR v CTFC match to JP when it was first written by Ash of the Stroud News and Journal.
Tbf it was more the way the incident was differently reported that annoyed some people, JP amost made it sound like something out of The Football Factory whereas Ash's report described it as a minor verbal incident.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ne ... ver-833216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... cal_derby/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
London Exile
Chris FGR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: and credits a false report on ‘trouble’ after the FGR v CTFC match to JP when it was first written by Ash of the Stroud News and Journal.
Tbf it was more the way the incident was differently reported that annoyed some people, JP amost made it sound like something out of The Football Factory whereas Ash's report described it as a minor verbal incident.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ne ... ver-833216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... cal_derby/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On the reproduction of Green Street on the Gloucestershire Live website it says the article was by Daniel Chipperfield
London Exile
joes dad wrote:
London Exile wrote:
Thanks JD :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:Old Tom Cat - whilst I am resting assured, would you like to make it interesting and enter a small wager with me?

You say you’ll finish mid table. I take that being places 11-14. FGR have got no hope of finishing there- you may sneak out of relegation places but tbh that would shock me rotten.

I bet you £100 FGR don’t finish in those places. Want to take that on? For charity if you wish, to make it more enjoyable for all involved.

If not I fully understand.

Also - I saw a Facebook post (sponsored, of course) from vince talking about planning permissions for his new folly off jct 13. Hilariously all the comments were completely against him, whether that was FGR fans not wanting to move or normal people seeing the folly of building a white elephant. I think, from the tone of his post, he expected fawning sycophants to fall over in their glee at his nonsense...it restored my faith in human nature to see unanimous derision at his delusions.

Here it is! https://www.facebook.com/dale.vince/pos ... 4940573496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Still no money where his mouth his from OTC. Completely blanked Ben2 on his offer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Never mind a disrespectful and rude handshake refusal from Vince, this was his comments on the Carlisle Chairman: "How many years will it be before we all look at families that made their living or fortune in the meat trade in the same way that we now look at families that did the same in the slave trade. Not long in my opinion.”
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 28 Jan 2018, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
King giraffe iii
Ben2 wrote:If he bet on ‘FGR to finish above cheltenham’ I wouldn’t take it now. Because I think they will
No chance. I still don't think we will stay up with Cooper in charge. He's fallen out with Traore and refuses to play him, our best midfielder. Together with DV, they've royally f#!$ things up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
King giraffe iii wrote:
Ben2 wrote:If he bet on ‘FGR to finish above cheltenham’ I wouldn’t take it now. Because I think they will
No chance. I still don't think we will stay up with Cooper in charge. He's fallen out with Traore and refuses to play him, our best midfielder. Together with DV, they've royally f#!$ things up.
It's fine. I gather it was the referee's fault today not Cooper's.
Chris FGR
King giraffe iii wrote:
Traore is never our best midfielder. Good feet but lightweight and flatters to deceive. No goals, no assists. Always passes sideways. Not a patch on Osbourne, who is head and shoulders our best. Need someone of similar calibre alongside him.

Agree we're very unlikely to finish above Cheltenham though.
Ralph
14th April CTFC beat FG and send them back down into non league. Beautiful
Nesty
had to laugh watching ITV west last night they quoted Stale Mince as saying that it will be easier getting out of L2 than it was the Conference. Indeed !! lets hope so
Lord Elpuz
Ralph wrote:14th April CTFC beat FG and send them back down into non league. Beautiful

They are in meltdown on the FGR Forum after the Exeter defeat:

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)
Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

In my opinion we are 100% going down. Best I can hope for is that it's not Cheltenham that do it and that we are already gone.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
Ralph
Nesty wrote:had to laugh watching ITV west last night they quoted Stale Mince as saying that it will be easier getting out of L2 than it was the Conference. Indeed !! lets hope so
We assumed he meant up but he actually meant back down :lol:
Can't believe some on their forum. They are still calling for the mgr to be sacked after DV let him bring in a whole new team of 10. He's not being sacked now. No new mgr would come in after all that lot were brought in. Coops is there to see the mission of relegation through :lol:
Ralph
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ralph wrote:14th April CTFC beat FG and send them back down into non league. Beautiful

They are in meltdown on the FGR Forum after the Exeter defeat:

Re: Match thread from St. James Park (Exeter City)
Postby Phil_mitchell » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 pm

In my opinion we are 100% going down. Best I can hope for is that it's not Cheltenham that do it and that we are already gone.
125 years and counting..... PRIDE OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE
I usually look in there after a loss. 2 threads were deleted calling for Cooper to go. Numerous posts altered by their mods in red no less