PB blanked in FGR board room

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/BakerFGR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
Vile Mince strikes again. Ban him from our board room
Johnsons Red Army
What a tosser!
drgm
It wasn't that long ago that Vince made an offer to Robin's season ticket holders that they could swap
them to FGR season tickets at no extra charge. Hardly likely to win you any friends in the boardroom but
it's still Vince behaving without any class whatsoever. It should be PB bearing a grudge.
The sooner they crawl back under their stone the better as far as I am concerned. Anyone who
still sees them as 'that little club at the top of the hill' need to wake up and smell the coffee.
longmover
I Hope we go all out to make him welcome at WR
Robin
Feels like he's very bitter his takeover here was rejected.
Ralph
Glad he never was able to take over. The way he has destroyed the match day experience at FGR is truly horrible
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pathetic really. A sad act.
ctfc-fan
Good to see Stale Mince isn’t having it all his own way.

Lost today at Grimsby, back in the relegation zone and had the Subscription Rooms snatched away from him when he thought he was going to get them for half price! What a cocky, ignorant twat he really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph
Hopefully that forward that scored against us will get bought by someone in Jan leaving them no time to replace
Chris FGR
drgm wrote:It wasn't that long ago that Vince made an offer to Robin's season ticket holders that they could swap
them to FGR season tickets at no extra charge. Hardly likely to win you any friends in the boardroom but
it's still Vince behaving without any class whatsoever. It should be PB bearing a grudge.
The sooner they crawl back under their stone the better as far as I am concerned. Anyone who
still sees them as 'that little club at the top of the hill' need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Tbf...
But he revealed he was blanked by the green energy tycoon, spoiling what was otherwise a warm reception in Nailsworth.

"I can only praise the welcome I received from the car park attendant, to the reception staff, from the boardroom staff to the club doctor," Baker said in his programme notes for Saturday's match against Crewe.

"All of which contrasted markedly to the reception I received, or didn't, from the host chairman.
Whatever you think of DV there are still plenty of decent people at our club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
drgm wrote:It wasn't that long ago that Vince made an offer to Robin's season ticket holders that they could swap
Tbf...
But he revealed he was blanked by the green energy tycoon, spoiling what was otherwise a warm reception in Nailsworth.

"I can only praise the welcome I received from the car park attendant, to the reception staff, from the boardroom staff to the club doctor," Baker said in his programme notes for Saturday's match against Crewe.

"All of which contrasted markedly to the reception I received, or didn't, from the host chairman.
Whatever you think of DV there are still plenty of decent people at our club.
Who are complicit apologists for DV.
Chris FGR
So you judge every club, including staff, fans etc by who their owner is?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:So you judge every club, including staff, fans etc by who their owner is?
Not if they speak out against the owner. If these decent folk spoke out against Vince and condemned his attitude they would command much more respect. If they say nothing then it is tacit support and tacit condoning then yes I judge them by their owner.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Chris FGR wrote:So you judge every club, including staff, fans etc by who their owner is?
Not if they speak out against the owner. If these decent folk spoke out against Vince and condemned his attitude they would command much more respect. If they say nothing then it is tacit support and tacit condoning then yes I judge them by their owner.
I don't think you're being entirely fair RCS. Vince is obviously a tw@t, but he is also autocratic and seems to relish wielding power. Whatever anyone says won't change the way he is and we all know that to be the reality of the situation. Paul Baker has been generous enough to acknowledge the good grace of everyone else he met at FGR and directed his criticism solely at Vince, whose behaviour and lack of class understandably shocked Paul. Like our chairman, I think it's wrong to tar everyone else at that club with the same brush as Vince.
The Old TomCat
The real question is WHY?
Why did Dale Vince blank Paul Baker?
I don’t know the answer as does anybody else on the Robin’s Nest, but I suspect it goes back to the Elliot Frear episode where both FGR and CTFC were stitched up by Frear’s agent.
Baker turned to the press for mega-publicity on this issue, and in doing so unsettled another club’s player and offered some extremely unpleasant personal opinions about FGR.
Diplomacy is not one of Baker’s strongest suits.
What he wrote then, and now, should have been unsaid and in the close light of day could well rebound on him. No club will want to deal with another club chairman who washes his dirty linen in public.
I understand Baker intends to stand down as Chairman in the near future and when he goes I sincerely hope a happier chapter opens between the two top teams in Gloucestershire. There is a lot of goodwill between the clubs at nearly every level.

FAO Nesty: I suspect DV will not be bothered if Cheltenham ban him from boardroom. At the last league meeting at WR, DV sat in the away end alongside the FGR supporters.

FAO Ben2: Be assured FGR will end season mid-table.

FAO Ralph: The loss of Christian Doidge to FGR would be a great but the EFL Player of Month has stated he is happy at TNL. But also remember the same clubs looking at Doidge will also be checking out Eisa and his loss would have impact on CTFC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
LOL OTC. One of the biggest paragraphs of bull about Paul Baker ever invented. You really have no idea.
vickeryc
OTC must surely be on a wind-up. He's actually portraying Egotricity Vince as a better person than Paul Baker. Truly unbelievable!
Sprout Picker
Fair play OTC you really do spout some shite.
longmover
The fact that OTC has spent time typing that out :lol: :lol:
Ralph
OTC you are a f***ing idiot if you believe what you type. PB is a million times better than DV. Vince is not fit to lace Pauls boots. You should really get your info better before you come on here spouting from the DV handbook
ctfc-fan
The Old TomCat wrote:The real question is WHY?
I don’t know the answer as does anybody else on the Robin’s Nest, but I suspect it goes back to the Elliot Frear episode where both FGR and CTFC were stitched up by Frear’s agent.
Baker turned to the press for mega-publicity on this issue, and in doing so unsettled another club’s player and offered some extremely unpleasant personal opinions about FGR.
What he wrote then, and now, should have been unsaid and in the close light of day could well rebound on him. No club will want to deal with another club chairman who washes his dirty linen in public.
Um, who said PB went to the paper?

Stale Mince was the one who started mouthing off about Cheltenham Town tapping up players and then went crawling to the FA who realised he was talking bullshit and backed the mighty Robins.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yup, amazing PB offered DV his hand after the way DV has mouthed off in the press. Class act from PB to still do so. An act not reciprocated.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Some of us do speak up about it. Not that it achieves anything. Unfortunately, most who post on the FGR forum don't give a damn about the bigger picture, just 'enjoying the ride', whatever that means.

As for the team, wouldn't be surprised if we finished 24th. Wouldn't be surprised if we finished 17th.
Blakey 9
I understand Baker intends to stand down as Chairman in the near future and when he goes I sincerely hope a happier chapter opens between the two top teams in Gloucestershire. There is a lot of goodwill between the clubs at nearly every level.

FAO Nesty: I suspect DV will not be bothered if Cheltenham ban him from boardroom. At the last league meeting at WR, DV sat in the away end alongside the FGR supporters.

FAO Ralph: The loss of Christian Doidge to FGR would be a great but the EFL Player of Month has stated he is happy at TNL. But also remember the same clubs looking at Doidge will also be checking out Eisa and his loss would have impact on CTFC.
dale vince sat with you turnip munchers as he was stopped from going into the private boxes as he refused to wear a tie , so he had no choice OTC. and yes you chat the most s#!t on this forum your a tool.
BenhallRobin

Can't you post on your own forum, not interested. Shite Club, shite fans.
Ralph
Tbh I'd ban him right now as he just comes out with insane dross the whole time and we have no opportunity to go on their forum unless we give them a load of personal info but I suppose I'm not really being impartial lol
little mo
Ban the twat . Every time he comes on here he tells us how wonderful stale mince is, its all done on purpose to cause trouble on here, and it succeeds. No way would you last 2 minutes on their forum if you went on spouting shite,thats if they allowed you on in the first place.
Every time FGR lose i frigging love it, which is something i didnt used to do. f#!$ Forest Green.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Echo the sentiments above. OTC is a fecking goon and it's one-eyed sycophant fact denying ass licking morons like him which I hate about football. Happy to share opinions and listen to alternative views, but I will not stomach downright lies and bullsh*t.

Reading the pathetic OTC post is like taking the worst callers on 606 and condensing them into one ridiculous comment.

OTC is an embarrassment to Gloucestershire Football and Gloucestershire itself.

I won't call to ban the idiot though. Hopefully he will take a look at what he has written, think about it and apologise. If he fails to do that I will call for a ban, as it proves he doesn't have the class, decency or basic knowledge to contribute to a football forum.
Ralph
He won't apologise. Maybe if others say ban him I'll start a vote just to be democratic. Something else DV is not lol
Ralph
I'll just have to remember it's for both his user names
shevates
Years ago I enjoyed visiting FGR when we didn’t have a game a great club and decent fans you always felt welcome by fans and a very hard working board who worked hard for their club and for there loyal bunch of fans. Now all I see is a club manipulated by its chairman who in all fairness only introduces what he wants implemented with no regards to the general football fans of FGR and fans of the following opposition. The away fans will stand on the open terraces in all weathers will drink tea and coffee with soya milk and will not be offered burgers hot dogs and meat pies that you can purchase at other Football grounds. At our ground and others we cater for the 10% of veggies who attend games yet this idiot refuses to cater for the 90% what a pleb bigot and self centred person DV is.
If I was a FGR fan I would be very concerned who FGR belong to, DV or the fans who support the club, one thing I can say at Cheltenham Town you feel the club belongs to the fan base of CTFC, deep down do FGR fans feel the club belongs to them. The mini bus full of FGR fans who attend away games must love the way there treated by the Home side steak pies pasties burgers hot dogs and seats to sit in and under cover. That’s how I see it, with hand on heart how do FGR fans see ut
Nesty
I dont think I am alone in hoping that a money bags chairman (like Keswick) would wave shed loads of dosh towards the playing budget, but seeing what has happened at FGR, hooray for Paul Baker.
Ralph
Iirc in our first ever league game away to the Stags it started to rain hard and back then we were in an uncovered part by a tree and the Stags stewards opened a gate and let us in a covered part on that far side. A little bit of kindness still gets remembered
shevates
Just of the subject Ralph mentioned our first away game in the league was away at Mansfield how many fans did we take to our first away game as a football league club ?