Old TomCat ban him or not from the forum

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ban Old Tom Cat for the season - Yes or No

Poll ended at 22 Dec 2017, 15:41

Yes ban him for the season
13%
No he should stay on the forum
70%
Ban him for life
17%

Total votes: 30
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Worst personally for me was when off forum and via personal emails he continued his argument he used an Excel chart, when by his own admission he knew nothing about Excel or data analysis. My own fault for giving him my email address, but jeez I didn’t think it would take quite so many emails for him to grasp there was not a single chart involved.

Now, now RCS, your neglected to mention that I also have the audacity of beating you in the Robin’s Nest predicta competition which is background of exchange of emails.
I do not care about the predicta league. The emails were purely about you having no idea about Excel or maths terminology but being too stubborn and arrogant to accept corrections from someone who does. Show some honesty and decency for once.
confused.com
OTC - can you breakdown the voting to include people like myself who voted to let you stay, because you talk constant 5hite, which we find amusing ? If was asked to ban Gerry Adams from speaking I would vote no for the same reason.

Just to be clear - I voted for you to stay, but ..... I do think you are of limited intelligence (e.g. your attendance figure debacle), you have no facts to back you up, apart from your own delusions (e.g. you PB rant), you can't see further than the end of your nose(e.g. your continued defence of policy towards away fans). Finally, you are happy to sell the soul of the club for money. The last is probably the saddest
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:No posts on this thread for nearly a week so it can be fairly assumed voting is finalised and WOW Ralph has suffered the most humiliating self inflicted own goal in the history of the Robin’s Nest.
He has been trounced, utterly humiliating trounced. [And rightly so]
Result: Ban OTC for season = 4; ban OTC for life = 5; let OTC stay = 21.
Therefore those in support of Ralph nine [9] against 21 who did not support his pathetic poll, a difference of over double the votes by Cheltenham supporters against his absurd proposal.

What must be galling to Ralph is that it was not so much support for OTC but a damning reflection upon Ralph himself.
Those on the Robin’s Nest are utterly fed up with constant anti-FGR threads on a Cheltenham fans forum that Ralph and his cohort RCS are constantly creating. They have both been told to ignore FGR but both men seem obsessed with their Gloucestershire neighbours.
Hopefully with this massive slap down, both men will concentrate on their own club and not another one. [I live in hope :)]
And if they choose to open up erroneous and one-sided views on FGR, I will be more than happy to correct them with accurate and true facts. And that is probably the only time I will get involved in discussion on the Robin’s Nest. Besides this poll has legitimised my participation and comment whether Ralph or RCS like it or not.

This thread has become a real fun thread with Ralph falling head first into a pile of cow manure and me getting the chance to poke RCS in the eye about him not beating me on the RN predicta league.
Jesus :lol: You really try to spin things don't you.
It was actually a third that wanted you out ( 1 in 3) but hey ho, we have a democracy here unlike the dictatorship at your place and the biddy Lady Magpie and referee deleting posts and threads that set out to question anything that is not beating the drum for the club ( like the thread at the weekend that called for the mgr to be sacked)

Maybe you should read the posts from the ones that want you to stay, they think you're a clown, a fool and worth being here for the entertainment value

As for your claim to correct us with true and accurate facts, i actually spat my cereals out this morning when i read that. Comedy gold. It's worth keeping you just for that :lol:

FGR, the first team to get promoted to the FL and then relegated right back down the next season. DV may get bored with all if it if you do go down and then it's lights out at the New Lawn for good. I want you here on the Nest to spin your way out of that :lol:
King giraffe iii
little mo wrote:And there folks in a nutshell is the reason I voted to ban the prick. f#!$ Forest Green
Please don't tar us all with the same brush, we're not all total f-tards at FGR. We don't all worship Dale Vince!
King giraffe iii
The Old TomCat wrote:No posts on this thread for nearly a week so it can be fairly assumed voting is finalised and WOW Ralph has suffered the most humiliating self inflicted own goal in the history of the Robin’s Nest.
He has been trounced, utterly humiliating trounced. [And rightly so]
Result: Ban OTC for season = 4; ban OTC for life = 5; let OTC stay = 21.
Therefore those in support of Ralph nine [9] against 21 who did not support his pathetic poll, a difference of over double the votes by Cheltenham supporters against his absurd proposal.

What must be galling to Ralph is that it was not so much support for OTC but a damning reflection upon Ralph himself.
Those on the Robin’s Nest are utterly fed up with constant anti-FGR threads on a Cheltenham fans forum that Ralph and his cohort RCS are constantly creating. They have both been told to ignore FGR but both men seem obsessed with their Gloucestershire neighbours.
Hopefully with this massive slap down, both men will concentrate on their own club and not another one. [I live in hope :)]
And if they choose to open up erroneous and one-sided views on FGR, I will be more than happy to correct them with accurate and true facts. And that is probably the only time I will get involved in discussion on the Robin’s Nest. Besides this poll has legitimised my participation and comment whether Ralph or RCS like it or not.

This thread has become a real fun thread with Ralph falling head first into a pile of cow manure and me getting the chance to poke RCS in the eye about him not beating me on the RN predicta league.
Are you still claiming, like you do on another forum, that prior to DV's arrival FGR were averaging gates of 250? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Malabus
No ban.
Chris FGR
King giraffe iii wrote:
little mo wrote:And there folks in a nutshell is the reason I voted to ban the prick. f#!$ Forest Green
Please don't tar us all with the same brush, we're not all total f-tards at FGR. We don't all worship Dale Vince!
How long do you think DV will stay interested if he can't get planning permission for the new stadium?

Think we're pretty close to the ceiing of what we can realistically achieve as a club in Nailsworth. Which I'm happy with, would rather be realistic, sustainable and stay true to our identity/roots then move out of the town on some pie in the sky mission to get to the Championship/Premier League.

I can't see DV being content to settle for that though. Which worries me.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:
How long do you think DV will stay interested if he can't get planning permission for the new stadium?

Think we're pretty close to the ceiing of what we can realistically achieve as a club in Nailsworth. Which I'm happy with, would rather be realistic, sustainable and stay true to our identity/roots then move out of the town on some pie in the sky mission to get to the Championship/Premier League.

Your identity and roots? LOL you mug.

If you switch back to black and white and put football ahead of renewable energy marketing and welcome away fans rather than deliberately making it unwelcoming for them then maybe you will be closer to your roots.

I remember as a kid on one of Andy's (forget surname) football coaching things over the summer holidays two FGR players came to talk to us and spoke about the dream of getting up to the Southern League and how the club was all about community and trying your hardest. Unrecognisable from the money driven marketing machine and paycheck chasing players the club is about now.

Your roots. Lol give over.
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Chris FGR wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote: Please don't tar us all with the same brush, we're not all total f-tards at FGR. We don't all worship Dale Vince!

Your identity and roots? LOL you mug.

If you switch back to black and white and put football ahead of renewable energy marketing and welcome away fans rather than deliberately making it unwelcoming for them then maybe you will be closer to your roots.

I remember as a kid on one of Andy's (forget surname) football coaching things over the summer holidays two FGR players came to talk to us and spoke about the dream of getting up to the Southern League and how the club was all about community and trying your hardest. Unrecognisable from the money driven marketing machine and paycheck chasing players the club is about now.

Andy Tucker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy Tucker! That's the badger.
King giraffe iii
Chris FGR wrote:
King giraffe iii wrote:

You're right to be worried. All of this Championship nonsense isn't really about FGR, is it? It's about him. We're just the mechanism for Ecotricity and him. We're just a marketing device. The way he's happy to uproot FGR for no other reason than making headlines shows that.

As RCS mentioned, DV doesn't have us under our true identity in colours or badge. Neither does he understand the hospitality that made FGR unique.

For everyone buying into the DV vision... It may work out, but equally there are the likes of Gretna and Telford who put all of their eggs in one basket with grand ideas that ultimately went tits up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:I cannot be bothered to read any of that.

ANYONE - has OTC put his money where his mouth is and taken me up on my bet??
Still no acknowledgement of your bet from OTC. He has completely blanked you on it.

OTC: will you take on Ben2 on his bet!
Shade
I feel like I just want to ram cyanide down this threads throat. It's like the turd that won't flush. Not the original poll, that was fairly entertaining and I wish I'd voted ban now, but the ridiculous content within.
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Your identity and roots? LOL you mug.

By close to our roots I mean by still playing in Forest Green. To still be playing in the hamlet that the club was originally formed in 127 years ago at the level we are at is something I was when it was built, and am still, proud of.

Yes of course the kit/badge change isn't great, although we are hardly the only club in football to change those. I wish those sort of things could be protected in some way and through principle I have NEVER bought Ecotricity coloured merchandise, and never will.

The last bit about money driven marketing machine is also true, however it has to be said that also applies to pretty much every professional football club in this country to a certain extent. We had every right, like any other club, to ambitious and strive to climb the leagues. To do that we needed investment, which rarely if ever comes without a cost. That cost is the balance every club/supporter has to make, how ambitious can you be without selling your clubs soul? So many clubs in this country have been sold to much worse people then Dale Vince, and will continue to be.

Many clubs have gone through spells of ownership where parts of their branding has changed, for me that is something fairly easy to remedy in the future and does not completely kill a clubs identity for good. What is impossible to fix is taking a club away from it's spiritual home. That is the true essence of a clubs identity and roots imo, and if that changes, so does the club.
The Old TomCat
confused.com wrote:OTC - can you breakdown the voting to include people like myself who voted to let you stay, because you talk constant 5hite, which we find amusing ? If was asked to ban Gerry Adams from speaking I would vote no for the same reason.

Just to be clear - I voted for you to stay, but ..... I do think you are of limited intelligence (e.g. your attendance figure debacle), you have no facts to back you up, apart from your own delusions (e.g. you PB rant), you can't see further than the end of your nose(e.g. your continued defence of policy towards away fans). Finally, you are happy to sell the soul of the club for money. The last is probably the saddest
Regret unable to give breakdown of voting. You had better address that to Ralph who organised this poll.

I thank you for voting for me to remain as did over 70% of others. It matters not why you voted because the question was a straight ban/not to ban and Ralph has been hoist by his own petard. He has been utterly humiliated in that he got less than 30% of the support.
Once again thanks for your support.

Not really sure what you mean ‘happy to sell my soul’ but presumably it is reference to fact that one of England’s best businessmen, who has created hundreds of jobs in Gloucestershire has become Chairman of FGR. I’ll tell you FGR are extremely fortunate to have him at as Chairman.
As one of our posters wrote:
1 saved the club from imminent financial ruin
2 invested in the entire structure of the club - including female section and academy, back office and admin, stadium improvements, non-football activities, raising the profile of the club by huge amounts, producing multi-award affordable catering
3 achieving EFL 2 football
The Old TomCat
This thread has become absolute fun.
Ralph got massacred with less on 30% of the poll where he assumed he’d get a majority. I love it.
And I know that I’m on rock solid ground in what I’ve claimed, and those who have attempted to ridicule me are whistling in the wind. I love it.

Anyway this thread raised a few questions that I will address.

Ralph initiated it because I added more information about Paul Baker’s comments in the CTFC magazine that cast him in a bad light.
If another chairman had written about CTFC or its chairman such as PB did to FGR, you guys would have been outraged. You guys would have slagged that other chairman to the heights.
Dale Vince must be congratulated and admired that he has kept his counsel. He did shake PB’s hand before Baker spoke badly of FGR in the FGR boardroom. That is why DV walked away.
And to answer Confused.com’s request for confirmation I suggest he asks his own chairman who will not be able to deny that sequence of events.
Obviously Dale Vince is therefore a better chairman/person than Paul Baker (as well as being richer).
And it would be hypocritical of Ralph and his buddies to claim otherwise.

Jon Palmer added a misleading statement on original thread concerning Elliot Frear. JP stated that Frear was ready to sign for CTFC. Whereas FGR put out a statement that he had a contract at TNL and I spoke to his mate over the weekend who said Frear was never close to signing.
And for Confused.com’s benefit, Frear now plays for Motherwell and he could contact that club for confirmation.
A lot of the anger by Cheltenham fans can be placed squarely at the door of JP, who publishes a lot of anti-FGR rubbish without checking all his facts and thus misleading you guys. He is a barrier between the good relations between the two clubs.

Although it is fun debunking my detractors opinions I’d rather not write on the Robin’s Nest but I will continue to put the record straight with regards FGR. Remember I know that club better than any of you guys.

For heaven sake this is a Cheltenham Town forum but has more FGR on it than any other subject. And you can blame RCS and Ralph for that. They seem to spend more time reading about Stroud and FGR than do genuine FGR supporters.
These two guys look for FGR tittle-tattle to post and have created practically all the FGR threads.
Ralph does not even live in this country and I’ve watched Cheltenham play far more often than him.
RCS has exaggerated opinions about Cheltenham’s prospects and has been slapped down more than once on the Robin’s Nest. He comes across as very self deluded with a massive chip on his shoulder.
We at Nailsworth cannot be bothered commenting about Cheltenham despite it being common knowledge, for instance, that some Cheltenham players were caught urinating in a public car park (again Confused.com check out your own club for confirmation).
There are other stories that could also embarrass your club so it be best if both clubs avoid writing about each other on their respective forums.
If you guys can stop RCS & Ralph creating FGR threads then you’d probably not hear from me which I understand a few of you (30%) would favour. RCS and Ralph are the real villains NOT me.
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
confused.com wrote:OTC - can you breakdown the voting to include people like myself who voted to let you stay, because you talk constant 5hite, which we find amusing ? If was asked to ban Gerry Adams from speaking I would vote no for the same reason.

Regret unable to give breakdown of voting. You had better address that to Ralph who organised this poll.

I thank you for voting for me to remain as did over 70% of others. It matters not why you voted because the question was a straight ban/not to ban and Ralph has been hoist by his own petard. He has been utterly humiliated in that he got less than 30% of the support.

Not really sure what you mean ‘happy to sell my soul’ but presumably it is reference to fact that one of England’s best businessmen, who has created hundreds of jobs in Gloucestershire has become Chairman of FGR. I’ll tell you FGR are extremely fortunate to have him at as Chairman.
2 invested in the entire structure of the club - including female section and academy, back office and admin, stadium improvements, non-football activities, raising the profile of the club by huge amounts, producing multi-award affordable catering
Fair play you really are deluded. Can't be bothered to address the rest of the waffle here and in your other post below other than to say I'm not sure anyone would describe Dale Vince as one of the best businessmen in the country - when I looked a couple of years ago something in the region of 95% of the money coming in seemed to be from Government subsidies. Right place right time maybe but hardly the Midas touch.

Will address the bits in bold though: -

1. Saved the club from financial ruin - by spunking over £7.5 million getting out of the Conference! Hmmm, that could bite hard at some point in the future if he gets bored and leaves.

2. Invests in the structure of the club - yet declines much-needed revenues from away supporters by restricting their numbers and refusing to allocate seats for those who do not wish to or are unable to stand to watch a game. Very 'inclusive'. Also, the stadium looked exactly the same as when I first visited some years ago with facilities very poor compared to most grounds at this level.

3. Achieving League 2 football. Remind us again exactly how well that's going. :lol:
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote: Ralph does not even live in this country and I’ve watched Cheltenham play far more often than him.
If you have then it's the proof that you were a CTFC fan that went to FGR taking DV's incentives.

I was a season ticket holder for 23 years. Saw them away roughly 12 times a year till i moved here.

More OTC "facts" :lol:

Just can't be bothered to reply to the rest of your inane ramblings you fool
Ralph
Sprout Picker wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Fair play you really are deluded. Can't be bothered to address the rest of the waffle here and in your other post below other than to say I'm not sure anyone would describe Dale Vince as one of the best businessmen in the country - when I looked a couple of years ago something in the region of 95% of the money coming in seemed to be from Government subsidies. Right place right time maybe but hardly the Midas touch.

Will address the bits in bold though: -

1. Saved the club from financial ruin - by spunking over £7.5 million getting out of the Conference! Hmmm, that could bite hard at some point in the future if he gets bored and leaves.

2. Invests in the structure of the club - yet declines much-needed revenues from away supporters by restricting their numbers and refusing to allocate seats for those who do not wish to or are unable to stand to watch a game. Very 'inclusive'. Also, the stadium looked exactly the same as when I first visited some years ago with facilities very poor compared to most grounds at this level.

3. Achieving League 2 football. Remind us again exactly how well that's going. :lol:
May 2018
And the first team to get relegated right back to the Conference at the first time of asking :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:This thread has become absolute fun.
Ralph got massacred with less on 30% of the poll where he assumed he’d get a majority. I love it.
And I know that I’m on rock solid ground in what I’ve claimed, and those who have attempted to ridicule me are whistling in the wind. I love it.

Anyway this thread raised a few questions that I will address.

Ralph initiated it because I added more information about Paul Baker’s comments in the CTFC magazine that cast him in a bad light.
If another chairman had written about CTFC or its chairman such as PB did to FGR, you guys would have been outraged. You guys would have slagged that other chairman to the heights.
Dale Vince must be congratulated and admired that he has kept his counsel. He did shake PB’s hand before Baker spoke badly of FGR in the FGR boardroom. That is why DV walked away.
And to answer Confused.com’s request for confirmation I suggest he asks his own chairman who will not be able to deny that sequence of events.
Obviously Dale Vince is therefore a better chairman/person than Paul Baker (as well as being richer).
And it would be hypocritical of Ralph and his buddies to claim otherwise.

Jon Palmer added a misleading statement on original thread concerning Elliot Frear. JP stated that Frear was ready to sign for CTFC. Whereas FGR put out a statement that he had a contract at TNL and I spoke to his mate over the weekend who said Frear was never close to signing.
And for Confused.com’s benefit, Frear now plays for Motherwell and he could contact that club for confirmation.
A lot of the anger by Cheltenham fans can be placed squarely at the door of JP, who publishes a lot of anti-FGR rubbish without checking all his facts and thus misleading you guys. He is a barrier between the good relations between the two clubs.

Although it is fun debunking my detractors opinions I’d rather not write on the Robin’s Nest but I will continue to put the record straight with regards FGR. Remember I know that club better than any of you guys.

For heaven sake this is a Cheltenham Town forum but has more FGR on it than any other subject. And you can blame RCS and Ralph for that. They seem to spend more time reading about Stroud and FGR than do genuine FGR supporters.
These two guys look for FGR tittle-tattle to post and have created practically all the FGR threads.
Ralph does not even live in this country and I’ve watched Cheltenham play far more often than him.
RCS has exaggerated opinions about Cheltenham’s prospects and has been slapped down more than once on the Robin’s Nest. He comes across as very self deluded with a massive chip on his shoulder.
We at Nailsworth cannot be bothered commenting about Cheltenham despite it being common knowledge, for instance, that some Cheltenham players were caught urinating in a public car park (again Confused.com check out your own club for confirmation).
There are other stories that could also embarrass your club so it be best if both clubs avoid writing about each other on their respective forums.
If you guys can stop RCS & Ralph creating FGR threads then you’d probably not hear from me which I understand a few of you (30%) would favour. RCS and Ralph are the real villains NOT me.
LOL.

Glad you think my view that Cheltenham will be midtable this season is deluded and exaggerated and that resenting a moneybags club deliberately stopping elderly and less mobile away fans visiting is having a "chip on my shoulder".

Also glad you pointed out DV is richer than PB; shows how much better a job Gary Johnson is doing vis a vis Mark Cooper.