Several players set to be transfer listed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
confused.com wrote:Don't believe he is from the Irish league. Probably a league of ireland player
sorry , you are correct - league of Ireland, just had a look at the top scorers list Karl Sheppard age 26 has played in Holland looks useful but not sure what level the League of Ireland is?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:
confused.com wrote:Don't believe he is from the Irish league. Probably a league of ireland player
sorry , you are correct - league of Ireland, just had a look at the top scorers list Karl Sheppard age 26 has played in Holland looks useful but not sure what level the League of Ireland is?
Low but produces good players.

Even if Conference sides are better than LoI sides, I would have more confidence in a LoI top scorer making an impact in the EFL than a Conference top scorer.
horlickfanclub
The mole says Akinade.
Robin
I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but was charged with sexual abuse of a little girl in 2014...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismahil_Akinade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
confused.com
Bohemians are a decent standard, if wiki is correct then he may be worth a look
confused.com
Robin wrote:I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but was charged with sexual abuse of a little girl in 2014...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismahil_Akinade" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he was indeed, basically rape and not sure why they got off so lightly
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Robin wrote:I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source but was charged with sexual abuse of a little girl in 2014...

he was indeed, basically rape and not sure why they got off so lightly
He would have been 15 or 16 at time. Seeing as pupil on pupil sexual abuse happens at schools and in gangs on a daily basis with no action taken it is surprising he was convicted at all. Lowest of the low in terms of crime imo.

Not sure we should be signing convicted child abusers or rapists to be honest.
darreno
From what I've seen of Moore he doesn't inspire confidence or the consistency we need to put a run together. But we're stuck with him now. Same goes for Grimes. We are now really missing Cranners.
horlickfanclub
We are not stuck with Grimes. He could be listed.
confused.com
As with all transfer listings, they only work if someone wants to buy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Grimes won't be listed. Gary rates him and sees the potential. Probably one of our most potentially highest value players in the future.

Plus we now have the right number of CBs in the squad, so keep that stable and focus on the LB, RB, Wing and striker needed.
Robin
Potential? Isn't Grimes like 29 years old already. In my opinion he should be cover for Boyle and Manny if we play four at the back. He is then eased in if one loses form or picks up an injury.
Shade
Robin wrote:Potential? Isn't Grimes like 29 years old already. In my opinion he should be cover for Boyle and Manny if we play four at the back. He is then eased in if one loses form or picks up an injury.
He's 27 but I can't see him improving very much at all. He should be at his peak but he's still "learning".
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Grimes won't be listed. Gary rates him and sees the potential. Probably one of our most potentially highest value players in the future.

Plus we now have the right number of CBs in the squad, so keep that stable and focus on the LB, RB, Wing and striker needed.
Have you been at the sherry trifle?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Robin wrote:Potential? Isn't Grimes like 29 years old already. In my opinion he should be cover for Boyle and Manny if we play four at the back. He is then eased in if one loses form or picks up an injury.
He's 27 but I can't see him improving very much at all. He should be at his peak but he's still "learning".
I back Gary on this one.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... ing-982692" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
So do most of the forwards in Div 2 waiting to play us.