Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Highlights
 Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018, 11:40 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 16508
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Goals and shots on sky sports here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... cheltenham

Sanmi and Nige with the type of goals we have been failing to score due to not having players in the right place or pushed forward.

Sellars and Mo with clinical strikes. Especially Mo, with the type of finish that can decide a tight game of few chances.

Mix of celebrations too. Sellars looked like he didn’t know what to do and Mo has the running to the fans move down to a T.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 11:00 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2325
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Good passing moves for our goals. Bad defending for Colchesters.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 11:16 
Offline

Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 21:12
Posts: 709
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Not sure how the defence can take criticism for a strike like that. Joe bundled off ball (foul?) then a hit and hope effort that flies in the top corner. As GJ commented 99 times out of 100 that goes miles away from the goal.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 11:21 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2325
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Our left side backed off and gave him too much room to wack it. Good to see some six yard box poaching though.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 11:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 16508
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
horlickfanclub wrote:
Our left side backed off and gave him too much room to wack it. Good to see some six yard box poaching though.


Backed off or tackled?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 13:24 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2325
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Yes backed off.Grimes and Moore who then made a late token gesture to dip a toe in.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 14:02 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1232
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Goals and shots on sky sports here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... cheltenham

Sanmi and Nige with the type of goals we have been failing to score due to not having players in the right place or pushed forward.

Sellars and Mo with clinical strikes. Especially Mo, with the type of finish that can decide a tight game of few chances.

Mix of celebrations too. Sellars looked like he didn’t know what to do and Mo has the running to the fans move down to a T.

What about Sanmi`s brilliant pass off his back to Mo before Nigels goal,did he mean that ?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 14:40 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8799
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
https://www.ctfc.com/ifollow/ with a free login for 10 mins highlights. Shows more of the build-up to the goals, some good passing a moving once we got the ball down. Cracking little ball through from Winchester to Mo to score. Sellars involved in 3 of the goals as he popped the ball into the box just before Sanmi scored.

Also shows yet again you can't always take the radio commentators word for what's going on, no matter how much they present it as the only version of the truth, as they said Flinders was lucky to get away with running into Manny early on when their guy put the ball in the net. The replay shows a clear push on Manny into Flinders.


Last edited by Shade on 08 Jan 2018, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 14:41 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 8799
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
horlickfanclub wrote:
Yes backed off.Grimes and Moore who then made a late token gesture to dip a toe in.


Moore had to back off, he had a guy outside him. If he'd have gone in on the goalscorer then he'd have left a huge gap behind him for the guy to run through into a much better position. Playing the percentages, he did the right thing.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018, 14:50 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 16508
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Shade wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:
Yes backed off.Grimes and Moore who then made a late token gesture to dip a toe in.


Moore had to back off, he had a guy outside him. If he'd have gone in on the goalscorer then he'd have left a huge gap behind him for the guy to run through into a much better position. Playing the percentages, he did the right thing.


Don't expect more than one level of analysis from some fans. Too many fans have a "must run to the ball" mentality like an under nines team without analysing the consequences of actions or wider context. Sometimes in football defending deciding whether to close or back off etc is like making a chess move.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Highlights
 Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018, 12:05 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1232
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
everyman wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Goals and shots on sky sports here:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... cheltenham

Sanmi and Nige with the type of goals we have been failing to score due to not having players in the right place or pushed forward.

Sellars and Mo with clinical strikes. Especially Mo, with the type of finish that can decide a tight game of few chances.

Mix of celebrations too. Sellars looked like he didn’t know what to do and Mo has the running to the fans move down to a T.

What about Sanmi`s brilliant pass off his back to Mo before Nigels goal,did he mean that ?

Was on review Manny who passed with his back for Sanmi to score !


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Del Boy, Shade and 15 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: