A new start?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sanmi first goal, Sellars first goal, Nige first goal.

Almost feels like a turning point. Let's back it up next week vs Accrington and then see if we can make it five or six wins on the bounce.

If the goals are shared around more to go alongside Mo's goals then no reason why we can't!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agree, when I saw Nige play he was beating three or four opponents at a time with skill and brute strength before passing well.
Artemis
A new start, lasting until the next hapless defeat when the doom and gloom will descend once again..... But that's football supporters for you (me included). :-)
CTFC03
Nige is really underrated here IMHO, he's so effective and miles better than Storer.
Artemis
He is that. More mobile and less prone to pass sideways or backwards....
FOD_Wyman_2010
Glad others are sharing my view of Nige as I thought I was going insane. In pre season I thought he was excellent and then it well went downhill with injuries and fitness. I do think he could be a vital part of this team for a long time to come. I am liking the thought of a middle three of Nige, Morrell and Winch. Then Mo, Sammy/Brian and Dawson/Sellars up top.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FOD_Wyman_2010 wrote:Glad others are sharing my view of Nige as I thought I was going insane. In pre season I thought he was excellent and then it well went downhill with injuries and fitness. I do think he could be a vital part of this team for a long time to come. I am liking the thought of a middle three of Nige, Morrell and Winch. Then Mo, Sammy/Brian and Dawson/Sellars up top.
Would love that. Would rampage L2.
Nesty
last season we were scratching around for a starting 11, now (even without any more new signings) we are worrying how we can fit them all in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:last season we were scratching around for a starting 11, now (even without any more new signings) we are worrying how we can fit them all in.
Shows how on the whole Gary has done a good job of recruiting quality.
Shade
Ben2 wrote:Time tells all but having see nige play only a couple of times I think he could be our best player in this group.

He can tackle, he passes quickly, he’s got a good engine and now he scores goals (through I’ve watched the goals and for his goal he somehow manages to clear the ball on his first chance before being gifted a second bite of the cherry !!!!!).

Edit - just watched it again. Third bite of the cherry
I can't believe nobody has corrected your unfortunate glaring error yet - Sanmi scored the first, and it was he that "cleared" the ball and finally stuck it away at the third attempt (although I think the ball was already over the line before he smashed it in anyway). Nige scored the second goal from Sellars ball that was partially blocked by a defender.

I agree about Nige possibly being the best player if he stays fit. It'll be close between he and Winchester. Those two in CM would be my preferred option, despit Morrell having a good game and Pell fit again very soon.
Artemis
Centre forward, maybe. Striker, possibly less maybe....!
But as well as goals, its also part of the forward player's role to make space and create for others to score. And based on reports I've read and the highlights, he seemed to have caused all kinds of havoc for the Colchester defence. So i'd say job done.