New signing number three

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Confirmed: http://bit.ly/NewJanSigning3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
There's the big man people were calling for then. I would imagine that all but confirms DW is on his way out now.
Robin
I don't know anything of this lad but we now have striking options which have been missing for a big chunk of this season. Also been pretty clear Danny Wright is leaving only a matter of time now I'd guess.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fulham have been in a lot of youth cup finals in recent years. On Twitter they give live updates during the U23s games so I have seen him mentioned a lot positively on there. Dan Burn one of the loans Gary had at Yeovil who did well, as Gary mentions.

A good signing, and the ethos and community at FFC is similar to CTFC so he should fit in well.

Can't wait to see him feature on Saturday.
Robin
Be interesting to see who starts up front on Saturday you would assume it's Eisa then one from Graham/Adebayo with the other new lad on the bench.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I reckon Eisa will start with Graham (if fit). And we will end the game with Adebayo and Sanmi as they get phased in at different parts of the second half.

If Graham not fit then get Adebayo involved from the start alongside Mo.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fulham's report on the loan deal with quotes from Adebayo:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/janua ... ah-adebayo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He also extends his contract with Fulham until end of 2019.
Nesty
Adebayo Akinfenwa mark II ??
Ihearye
Is Mr sligo a smokescreen or are we looking to be the brasil of L2
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Is Mr sligo a smokescreen or are we looking to be the brasil of L2
Smokescreen. Gary played JP like a fiddle, sending him down a blind alley after a red herring whilst the real business was done.

Or, maybe an effort to out the mole.
Robin
Well the Sligo lad is playing for the reserves so could still be an option assuming Danny Wright moves on.
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Is Mr sligo a smokescreen or are we looking to be the brasil of L2
Smokescreen. Gary played JP like a fiddle, sending him down a blind alley after a red herring whilst the real business was done.

So who’s Benny Igiehon? :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kiaora84 wrote:

The Sligo lad we aren't signing as per above.
Shade
kiaora84 wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Smokescreen. Gary played JP like a fiddle, sending him down a blind alley after a red herring whilst the real business was done.

The Sligo lad we aren't signing as per above.
I believe that was somewhat of a rhetorical question.
horlickfanclub
If he is up to it he will be signing.If Danny goes we will need another forward to boost the squad with injury prone strikers.
Rick
Robin wrote:Be interesting to see who starts up front on Saturday you would assume it's Eisa then one from Graham/Adebayo with the other new lad on the bench.
What about Sammi?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Rick wrote:
Robin wrote:Be interesting to see who starts up front on Saturday you would assume it's Eisa then one from Graham/Adebayo with the other new lad on the bench.
What about Sammi?
I think Robin was referring to Sanmi when he said "other new lad" (he has a tricky foreign name you see).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:I think you’d be raven-mad not to like this new signing, I’m sure he’ll make Ahab-it of scoring and Baal us out of sticky situations
I am sure his more subtle contributions will passover the heads of some fans, Jezebels as they are.
everyman
Robin wrote:I don't know anything of this lad but we now have striking options which have been missing for a big chunk of this season. Also been pretty clear Danny Wright is leaving only a matter of time now I'd guess.
Sadly probably means George Lloyd will go out on loan as well,i would love to see a local lad in our team.
horlickfanclub
I agree Everyman.I am not keen on half a team of loan players.Would prefer more of our own.
Robin
everyman wrote:
Robin wrote:I don't know anything of this lad but we now have striking options which have been missing for a big chunk of this season. Also been pretty clear Danny Wright is leaving only a matter of time now I'd guess.
Sadly probably means George Lloyd will go out on loan as well,i would love to see a local lad in our team.
To be honest if we can get George Lloyd regular games at Conference South/North level for the remainder of the season then I would view that as a good thing that he could come back and compete for a spot on the bench next season.
Shade
Lloyd going to NL would be very good, much better for him and us than spending the rest of the season making 10 minute cameos off the bench.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Get Lloyd to Poole Town. He can fire them to safety and send McGurk down.