Emmanuel - ‘god with us’

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Shut up you pleb.
Shade
If you had put the point across without being disrespectful to a man and his faith I'd probably have let it go.
Benctfc
Ben2 wrote:When he plays we lose. He almost took us down last year. Worst player to wear our shirt for 29 years I would say

I don’t pick on players because I know how it is to play at 125%.but....

He will take us down if Johnson sticks with him.

Calam-manny-ity

Please do what Disney said - and let him go
Yet you criticise people on here who dare to criticise other players when they have a poor performance. Incredible how you have defended Grimes all season who has made many mistakes yet immediately start picking on a player who has been back with us a couple of games one of wich we won.
I-Love-CTFC
I'm not Manny's biggest fan, but Ben2 you are a complete and utter moron.
Si Robin
He's also wrong, see my post on the match thread.
Lord Elpuz
Everyone needs to stay calm. There’s always a knee jerk reaction when we have lost a game, but we didn’t lose today, we got conned and mugged off.

This team is not far away from going on a winning run, it is coming, keep the faith.

Gary Johnson’s interview was very accurate today, as he mentioned about the change of captaincy, to allow Jamie Grimes to concentrate on his game, because the gaffer is aware that fans are getting on Gimes’ back as they did with Cranston last season. Those fans need to give Grimes a break and allow Johnson to work on him, like he did to provide Cranston with the belief in himself. Same needs to be done with Emmanuel. Fans will badly affect the team’s potential if they start getting in players ears.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:Everyone needs to stay calm. There’s always a knee jerk reaction when we have lost a game, but we didn’t lose today, we got conned and mugged off.

This team is not far away from going on a winning run, it is coming, keep the faith.

Gary Johnson’s interview was very accurate today, as he mentioned about the change of captaincy, to allow Jamie Grimes to concentrate on his game, because the gaffer is aware that fans are getting on Gimes’ back as they did with Cranston last season. Those fans need to give Grimes a break and allow Johnson to work on him, like he did to provide Cranston with the belief in himself. Same needs to be done with Emmanuel. Fans will badly affect the team’s potential if they start getting in players ears.
Was great to hear Gary make that point to the boo boys. Doubt it will get through to their meagre brains but good to send the message.
robinsrule
The boo boys are the ones spending their hard earned money to travel to places like Mansfield to see us lose every week. I personally don't like to get on players' backs unless they are showing an obvious lack of effort. But I've seen enough Cheltenham games to know that if there is one team that is bound to lose in a situation like today it's us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
robinsrule wrote:The boo boys are the ones spending their hard earned money to travel to places like Mansfield to see us lose every week. I personally don't like to get on players' backs unless they are showing an obvious lack of effort. But I've seen enough Cheltenham games to know that if there is one team that is bound to lose in a situation like today it's us.
Well as far as I am concerned they can stay in Mansfield. Boo boys much more suited to the set-up there than at Cheltenham. When their hard earned money damages the team performance then it is money we would do better without.
robinsrule
Having not been there I can't comment further though I agree that being booed will not do anyone's confidence any good at all.
paperboy
Ben2 wrote:It was a decent assist for their third goal

Embarrassing
Fair play,not many players can show such composure and take their time to make the right pass. :-)

Actually,as was said when Manny re-signed for us,his athleticsm usually gets him out of the mess he sometimes gets himself into and I'm still pleased we re-signed him.

Time will tell.
leohoenig
Ben2 wrote:I feel bad for picking on him. I won’t do it anymore. But last week he cost us and this week he cost us and it wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t so entirely predictable.

I just hope we’ve got enough points so we stay up because he’ll cost us every week (as he did last season). I suppose I’m aiming the messages more at the morons who can’t see how bad he is rather than at him himself
So, is it OK for the Oxymoron to call other posters morons.
Just wondering, because on a forum I moderate, Ben2 would just have received a ban for this